Sleep trouble? Sleep better with Pillow, your smart sleep assistant. Pillow can analyze your sleep cycles automatically using your Apple Watch, or you can use Pillow without an Apple Watch by placing your iPhone or iPad on the mattress near your pillow.
Use Pillow as a smart alarm clock to wake up at the lightest possible sleep stage and start your day refreshed and relaxed. Record important audio events such as snoring, sleep apnea, and sleep talking. Explore trends about your sleep and compare your sleep quality with many Apple Health metrics that affect sleep.
As seen on:
The New York Times, Forbes, The Guardian, BuzzFeed, The Washington Post, TechCrunch, MacStories, Daily Mail, and many more. Rated as one of the best sleep tracking apps for the Apple Watch and iPhone.
Join the millions that have discovered the life-changing benefits of great sleep!
TRACK YOUR SLEEP AUTOMATICALLY
- Simply wear your Apple Watch during sleep. Pillow will automatically detect and analyze your sleep.
- View last night's report right on your Apple Watch, along with the heart rate analysis for the night.
- Switch between manual and automatic mode anytime.
SLEEP CYCLE & HEART RATE ANALYSIS
- Advanced sleep cycle analysis algorithm based on the latest scientific findings in sleep research.
- Detailed heart rate analysis
- Detailed sleep stage diagram (Awake, REM, Light Sleep, Deep Sleep) and sleep score.
- Pillow updates Apple Health's Sleep category
- iOS 14 Widgets to view your sleep report
- Snoring, sleep apnea, sleep talking
- Play, export, or delete audio recordings.
*Not available in automatic sleep tracking mode.
- Analyze your sleep cycles and find the best time to fall asleep.
PERSONALISED INSIGHTS & SLEEP TIPS
- Discover your sleep profile
- Regularly updated sleep tips
- Explore your sleep history with Week, Month, Year, and All Time overviews.
- Compare your sleep quality with many Apple Health categories that affect sleep.
BACKUP & SYNCHRONIZE
- Synchronize and backup your sleep data and audio recordings between your devices.
ALARM PRESETS & NAPS
- Powernap, recovery, and full-cycle nap
- Customisable alarm presets
MOOD & NOTES
- Track your mood when you wake up
- Discover how your notes affect your sleep quality
SLEEP AID MELODIES AND WAKE UP SOUNDS
- Wake up sounds
- Use a track from Apple Music or iTunes as an alarm.
- Sleep aid music, soundscapes, stories, meditations.
- Siri Wind Down support
- Unlimited sleep history & analysis
- Sleep trends
- Sleep notes
- Heart rate analysis
- Sound recordings
- Nap modes & Customisable presets
- Full access to all Sleep aid content
- Access all wake-up melodies
- Sleep tips & Personalised insights
- Compare your sleep quality with Apple Health metrics
- Wake-up melodies from your iTunes library or Apple Music
- Data export in CSV format
Learn more at https://pillow.app
Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account as soon as you confirm your purchase. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal from your Account Settings after the purchase. If you start a free trial, you will be charged automatically at the end of the trial period unless you cancel 24 hours before the expiration period.
Your subscription will renew automatically unless you turn off auto-renew at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. The renewal cost will be charged to your account within 24 hours before the end of the current period. When canceling a subscription, your subscription will stay active until the end of the period. Auto-renewal will be disabled, but the existing subscription will not be refunded. If offered, any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription.
- Corrected an issue that would prevent the Apple Watch from showing sleep sessions for the current day
- Fixes and updates for iOS 15 compatibility across the app
- Small visual fixes in edit and reanalyse screens
- Localisation fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Good but could be better
The app is good whether you have an Apple Watch or not. You can use it on your iPhone or iPad with a bit of ease. The alarm is useful and I like the way they display information if you wake up in the night and check your screen, telling you the time, when your alarm will go off and a couple of other bits.
I downloaded this app last night and this morning I woke up a bit earlier then I though I would, but never mind. I checked the app to look at my sleeping stats and it was interesting to see the amount I sleep I got. There’s also an audio page too! Then, when I tapped the audio page, it asked me to pay for premium. WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TO HEAR MYSELF SLEEP?!?!?! If you want me to pay for audio then you should at least let me hear a certain percentage of the audio so I want to hear the whole thing rather then just stop me. It asked me what mood I woke up in, I said good, I tried to use the app for part of what I downloaded it for, I’m in a bad mood because I needed to pay for it, £5. That might not sound too bad but I don’t just have £5 a month spare.
Otherwise, this is a very good and useful app. It had relaxing music which helped me relax a bit. (You have to pay for more music and alarms too btw) The information is displayed neatly but the modes are less clear if you don’t watch the intro. Would have given it 5 stars if the audio was free🙄
Developer Response ,
Hello! Pillow's Premium Features are offered as a one-time purchase, with no subscriptions or recurring other charges and it costs less than 1 or 2 cups of coffee. This helps us support our small team to continue develop and maintain Pillow and offers great value for that amount. We're also planning to introduce a free trial on an upcoming update so that you can evaluate the potential of all of Pillow's Premium Features. Thank you for your understanding.
I’ve been using this app for a few weeks because I have onset insomnia and I thought it was getting worse so I decided to download a sleep tracker app. I think the simplicity and the fact that with premium you can listen to yourself sleep talking which I do a lot appealed to me and so I downloaded ‘Pillow’. After using for 1 night I was already obsessed 😂. I don’t own an Apple Watch but it still works amazing. The premium in my opinion is fantastic and worth the money. When I first downloaded the app I didn’t expect it to come with an alarm but of course it does lol. The alarm manages to wake me up which surprised me as it has a very different sound than my usual one. The alarm is so intelligent that it wakes you up before you go into a deep sleep! Although I love the app and will definitely continue using it, I do have 2 issues 😬. 1: the sleep talking feature is overall amazing but is a little hard to find the clips with actual talking, snoring or whatever because a lot of audios are recorded with just the sound of nothing if that makes sense. 2: This is probably only a problem because I don’t have an Apple Watch but if someone walks into the room whilst I’m asleep, it will think I am awake. Despite the 2 problems, I definitely recommend downloading this and will continue to support the team 😃
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thank you for your kind words and for your support! If you are getting too many audio recordings you can reduce the microphone sensitivity from Settings → Tap on the Settings icon on the bottom left corner → Set Mic. sensitivity to “Low”. For anything further, please do not hesitate to contact our support team. To contact support: Open Pillow on your iPhone › Tap on the Settings icon › Select ‘Helpdesk’
Good but audio has stopped working?
All seems fairly accurate and I like the interface, although there seems to be a glitch over the last week or so - the audio has stopped working, I haven’t changed the settings at all but every night there are no recordings of sound which can’t be right. It was working fine before. Also when you flick back through the days, it seems to add in extra entries for some days with no data which then get counted as the ‘worst session’. I’m not sure if it’s a new update that has brought in these glitches? I think it also would be good if you view a summary of every day over the last month (a bit like in the activity app where you can view a whole month’s worth of rings on one page) with the daily percentage or number of hours sleep, but not in a bar chart like when you rotate it.
I’d also like to know more about how it judges the quality of sleep - some nights I’ll have over 8 hours, with a good mix of light, deep and REM sleep but the percentage will be lower than I’d expect.
Still though, a good app that I enjoy using every night. I hope the glitches get ironed out.
Developer Response ,
Hello, we are really sorry you are experiencing problems with Pillow. Please contact our support team to see how we can help. To contact support: Open Pillow on your iPhone → Tap on the Settings icon → Select 'Helpdesk'.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Neybox Digital Ltd.
- 159.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Neybox Digital
- In-App Purchases
- Pillow Premium £219.99
- Yearly Premium Features £39.99
- Monthly Premium Features £6.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.