Pixelmator Photo is a photo editor unlike any other. It features a collection of nondestructive, desktop-class color adjustments. A set of gorgeous presets inspired by analog photography. A magical Repair tool to remove unwanted objects. Full support for editing RAW images. Artificial intelligence that automatically improves photos like a pro photographer. And it's designed exclusively for iPadOS, bringing the most native and intuitive editing experience imaginable.
Powerful tools for improving your photos
• Edit photos using a collection of advanced, nondestructive color adjustments, specially designed to preserve detail and naturally improve photos.
• Take advantage of full RAW support to edit high-resolution RAW photos from your DSLR camera or iPhone.
• Effortlessly remove unwanted objects using the incredible Repair tool.
• Nondestructively edit photos in your Photos library, automatically syncing every change and even favorite or delete photos right in Pixelmator Photo.
• Batch edit photos using the entire collection of editing tools available in the app.
• Crop, straighten, and correct perspective with the easy-to-use Crop tool.
• Use groundbreaking machine learning to automatically enhance photos, adjust lighting, white balance, and colors, apply presets, and even improve the composition of your photos.
• Edit completely nondestructively, resetting changes made with any tool at any time you like without affecting other edits.
Desktop-class color adjustments
• Edit photos using a collection of powerful, desktop-class color adjustments.
• Follow all the changes you make in the beautiful live histogram.
• Improve exposure, contrast, brightness, highlights, and shadows using the Lightness adjustment.
• Adjust color saturation, vibrance, and hue with Hue & Saturation.
• Improve the balance of colors in the shadows, midtones, and highlights.
• Selectively adjust individual color ranges using the Selective Color adjustment.
• Quickly improve brightness, contrast, and color by setting black, white, and grey points using the Levels adjustment.
• Use the Curves adjustment to adjust lighting and color with incredible precision.
• Mix the balance of the red, green, and blue color channels to create intense color effects in your images.
• Replace any color with any other using the Replace Color adjustment.
• Create beautiful black and whites even from your color photos.
• Use the Fade adjustment to wash out the contrasts in your photo and give it a faded look.
• Add beautiful, film-style grain with the Grain adjustment.
• Use a range of additional adjustments, like Sharpen, Color Monochrome, Sepia, and Invert to make any photo stand out.
Groundbreaking artificial intelligence
• Use ML Enhance, trained on 20 million professional photos, to automatically improve your photos like a pro photographer.
• ML Enhance automatically takes care of all the subtle improvements that go into every great shot — white balance, exposure, shadow, and highlight detail — so you can focus on adding your own creative finishing touches.
• Automatically fine-tune individual adjustments, like Lightness, White Balance, Selective Color, and Color Balance using the knowledge from the same 20-million-photo Core ML algorithm.
• Intelligently crop photos using the machine learning-powered ML Crop.
Stunning presets for film emulation, vintage looks, and more
• Quickly change the look of a photo using an extensive collection of presets inspired by different photography styles and designed for a variety of subjects.
• Create, save, and even share your own custom presets.
Designed for iPadOS 13
Pixelmator Photo is designed from the ground up for iPadOS and iPad, taking full advantage of its large display and 64-bit architecture. And it uses powerful Apple technologies like Metal, Core ML 2, and Core Image to deliver staggeringly fast performance, even when editing large RAW photos or batch editing hundreds of images at a time.
Pixelmator Photo 1.5.4 adds a few fixes for issues with selecting photos in the Photos library and some other small fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Looking for a simple but powerful way to freshen up your photos? Pixelmator Photo makes editing approachable even if you don’t know your contrast from your saturation. With a few taps, the iPad-exclusive app will let you adjust specific color ranges, perfect your photo’s shadows, and fix up highlights. And once you’ve found settings you like, save them as your own presets.
A while back, I had tried and disliked PixelMator software. I had also tried everything else I could find for managing and editing my photos on the iPad Pro, including Lightroom, darkroom and many others. I did a 2nd round of testing of them all months later, and now find that this is by far the most comfortable and feature rich tool out there, integrating extremely well with Apple photos where I now have all my raw sony files.
Using this along side Affinity Photo, provides a great combination of sheer power on the iPad for photo editing, especially with the ICC softproofing support in Affinity. These two softwares are like a dream team.
I would really appreciate seeing the ISO/F-stop/shutter speed when I click photos and open them in single-viewing mode. It would also be great to be able to do flag and tag in this view as well.
Simple. Intuitive. Fantastic.
Pixelmator photo for iPad strikes a good balance between usability and functionality, and has a very simple and intuitive interface. It’s not on par with affinity photo in terms of raw power but its brilliant for its speed of workflow, and I really like the built in filters. It’s also great value for money. In terms of functionality its more lightroom than photoshop, however I prefer this. I stopped using adobe by and large when it became clear that they were so far behind in mobile, and they became greedy with their subscription model. I also use pixelmator pro on mac. A feature from the Mac I would really appreciate on here would be ML SuperResolution which transforms the humble jpeg from usable image for instagram and the like to allowing one to make large high quality professional prints with the click of a button. Many may say that those making prints should be using RAW files, but those individuals are unfamiliar with Fujifilm Cameras excellent and beautiful built in film simulations which only work in jpg. Which again speed up ones workflow, but also achieve highly original photo prints. There are a few pro re-touching features I’d like in both apps, one of which that I’d appreciate sooner than later would be the ability to liquify, which again would mean less necessity to be jumping between apps to complete an edit. Well done, and Keep up the good work guys!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 191 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Pixelmator Team
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.