Pixelmator 3.8.5 brings a few more improvements and fixes.
• The palettes will now be shown only when a document window has focus and be hidden in almost all other cases.
• The palettes and windows would occasionally flicker. Fixed.
• When restoring documents or opening Pixelmator by dropping images onto the app icon in the Dock, the Welcome window would be displayed when it shouldn’t. Fixed.
• It was possible to open multiple Open dialogs. Fixed.
• It was possible to open both the Welcome window and the Open dialog. Fixed.
• Clicking certain areas of the Open dialog would not bring it in front of other windows. Fixed.
• The palettes would appear together with the Open dialog after choosing to open an existing image in the Welcome window. Fixed.
• The palettes wouldn’t appear automatically when opening or restoring files. Fixed.
• The Import window would sometimes be white. Fixed.
• The position of the Clone Stamp tool’s source crosshair would sometimes be incorrect. Fixed.
• With no open document, clicking the Pixelmator icon in the Dock would not show the Welcome window. Fixed.
• The Pixelmator > Services menu would not be dimmed when the Trial window was visible. Fixed.
Have any feedback about this update or Pixelmator in general? We’d love to hear from you at email@example.com!
Ratings and Reviews
Very good, not perfect
This app is quite useful and incredibly easy to use. It’s got many of photoshop’s functions in a more user friendly environment/interface. However, the main disadvantage is that it doesn’t have adjustment layers, so there is no easy way of doing non constructive adjustments. I hope this will be picked up in later versions. Overall, I’m very happy with pixelmator, especially when it comes in such a low, one off, price compared to photoshop.
Why pay for photoshop when Pixelmator does everything (you need) photoshop for and does it a lot more easily! Having played around with Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro (on the PC) for years I found it difficult to believe that something a tenth of the price could be just as powerful.
I have been using pixelmator for well over a year now and I am still amazed each day at how robust it is. It eally is rock solid, never crashes. Don’t think I have ever owned an app that has never crashed once? Not only that but still haven’t reached that stage yet where I found I can't do something with it.
If you are thinking about getting Photoshop - don’t bother. Get this instead, you won’t regret it :-)
The care and attention that has gone into this application is incredible. It’s capabilities are on a par with software that is much, much more expensive and not as friendly to use. I’ve been using Pixelmator for several years now, and when I upgraded to a new fancy Mac with Touch Bar last week it was the first thing I installed, and I wasn’t at all surprised to find that considered Touch Bar support has already been added.
Six out of five stars.
- UAB Pixelmator Team
- 112.2 MB
- Graphics & Design
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2007-2019 Pixelmator Team
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.