*** TRY THE NEW PLAY MAGAZINE FOR FREE FOR 30 DAYS – DOWNLOAD THE APP AND CLICK 'START YOUR FREE TRIAL' ***
From the Editor: I've been gaming since Space Invaders targeted arcades and have been lucky enough to work in videogames magazines for every generation of Sony's consoles. PLAY Magazine is made by the same team behind Official PlayStation Magazine, and I'm proud we can leverage our access, experience, and love of PlayStation to bring you the best magazine possible every month. Our commitment to smart writing, covering the best indies as well as the next Triple-A blockbuster, and revealing how you can get more from your console is relentless. We're your best source for the latest news, previews and reviews for PS5, PS4, and PS VR. Every issue we also take a look back at the games and events that defined PlayStation. If you're a fan of PlayStations old and new, and want to be up to speed with the best new games, designed for print with care and originality, then sign up for a must-read ride into Sony's next-generation of gaming. The future starts here.
Join thousands of others and download our free app now!
Once you’ve downloaded our app, you will need to take a free trial or purchase a single issue or subscription to access our in-depth content. We also publish specials and guides - browse our publications, read what interests you most, and get inspired.
Back issues, specials, and future issues are available for purchase within the app. Subscriptions are available on various monthly and annual terms, and auto-renew until you decide to cancel it. Check inside the app for current pricing.
*** Please Note: Our digital edition is not printable and does not include the covermount items or supplements you would find with the print edition ***
• The free trial offer is only available to new subscribers. If you have previously subscribed then payment will be taken immediately.
• You can cancel at any time during the free trial period and you will not be charged. Simply turn off auto-renew in your Apple account subscriptions page at least 24 hours before the auto-renew is due.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase .
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
The subscription will include the current issue if you don't already own it and subsequently published future issues for the duration of your subscription period.
In this version you may well notice some changes, as OPM rebrands as PLAY Magazine. There's more info in the app on that front, but here's a breakdown of the technical bits for now:
- rebranded the app
- added a news feed
- squashed some bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Fun and interactive
At the time of writing I've just renewed my subscription after taking 3 years away (part of the cuts I had to undertake for university), and the first feature that struck me was the integrated videos and image galleries, many digital magazines don't have these and as this magazine is centred around technology it really feels like it connects with its genre. Secondly, it's just fun to look at. Forget the words, the first bite is with the eye and the vibrant colours and beautiful layout make this a joy to scroll through. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, is the content itself. In the three years I've been away from the magazine there has been some new writing staff (I think....I may have just forgotten who writes for them) but the writers I do remember their style is comfortable like hot chocolate and an old pair of slippers. The new staff bring the same superb quality which is easy to read, insightful, and entertaining. I'd happily give (and have re-upped to give) £2.99 a month to have this digital magazine a part of my downtime.
Fun and Easy
Reading on a standard iPad Pro (not the large screen). Easy to use and navigate. No issues with downloads and reading offline.
Subscription broken, no access to issues
One star review may get someone’s attention. You never know... Email doesn’t work - just autoresponders saying mailbox closed! My subscription stopped working and I can’t get the latest issue. Followed all published steps to reset and log in again - now I can’t even read older issues! Web site says I have a subscription AND I still received the latest dead tree issue (which I don’t really want any more tbh, but I guess it reminds me to go and read the new digital edition).
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Future Publishing Ltd.
- 25.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © Future Publishing Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Subscription £2.99
- 1 Year Subscription £26.99
- April 2013 £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.