Plex magically organizes your media libraries and streams them to any device – including all your video, music, and photo libraries. With a Plex Pass, supported tuner, and digital antenna, you can also watch and record FREE over-the-air broadcast TV, including major networks. You can also enjoy podcasts Plus Plex News – the most balanced and comprehensive personalized video newsfeed out there. Try Plex FREE!
• Magically organize all your personal media – photos, music, movies, shows, even DVR-ed TV – and stream it to any device in a beautiful, simple interface, and Plex adds rich descriptions, artwork, and other related information
• Enjoy music streaming from TIDAL, including 59 million high-quality tracks and 250,000 music videos; augment your existing library or just listen to TIDAL—right in Plex
• Podcasts are here! Search for your favorites or discover new ones through personalized recommendations. Plus: 30 second skip, variable speed playback, rich discovery, and full Plex-style support for cross-device playback status (including On Deck, so you can pick back up where you left off on any device)
• Get personalized and trusted video news from over 190 global publisher partners (and growing!), including CBS, Financial Times, Euronews, and top local news sources for over 80% of markets in the US
• Cut the cord! Go premium with a Plex Pass and use Plex Live TV & DVR so you can watch and record free over-the-air HD TV, like NBC, ABC, CBS, and FOX, with any supported digital antenna and tuner
• Enjoy free features, like remote access, sharing, security, and casting, see your media beautifully enhanced with rich descriptions, artwork, ratings, and more
• Enjoy premium features with a Plex Pass subscription: DVR & Live TV, Camera Upload, Premium Photos, Mobile Sync, Parental Controls, VIP Perks, and much more
NOTE: Playing media from your Plex library on mobile devices is limited (one minute for music and video, watermark on photos) until the app is unlocked. For full functionality, get a Plex Pass -OR- make a small, one-time, in-app purchase for app access. Streaming personal media requires Plex Media Server version 1.3 or higher installed and running to stream to other devices. DRM-protected content, ISO disc images, and video_ts folders not supported.
- Change default remote audio playback quality on Wi-Fi to original. This can be changed in the Settings > Quality menu.
- Fixed an issue preventing swipe-to-delete from working on the home hub reorder screen.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the play state of synced items not to sync back to the server.
- Having a linked TIDAL account which was expired could have caused 30 second previews to not work.
- The sync activity spinner was much too big. Deflated it to normal size.
- The "Playlists" tab would sometimes be missing for synced content.
- Sometimes the alphabet index bar would disappear when selecting the Library tab.
- Fix Live TV playback when Enhanced Player is disabled.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent synced music from playing.
Ratings and Reviews
5 stars for iPad and iPhone.
But issues on Apple TV and with Samsung TV.
If you have problems, you can chase your tail trying to find a solution that may not exist. I paid for plex pass and I'm not technical so I'd like clear user guide for troubleshooting. Step by step with screenshots. I don't mind looking on forums for a solution, but It's frustrating to look, find some information telling you what to do, you try and do it but can't. For help, all you can do is post on a forum and hope someone has resolved it before and can help. I've seen a few threads from months ago where people have all said they have the same problem. That's it, no response from the developers. Or when there is a response it's "sorry can't do anything" and the it's marked as as answered.
Having used the desktop app remotely between my Macs I was somewhat sceptical of the iPad app. I didn’t want to pay for something that didn’t work the way I wanted. I was used to using Air Video but support for that stopped when IOS 11 came out so I had no choice. However, my fears were unnecessary. I only stream movies with the setup being a little complicated at first particularly doing this remotely but it works....well! The option to play the movie in higher quality is a bonus as is the addition of subtitles if available. I also like the fact you can continue on a different system from where you left off.
The small price I paid is enough and I’m more than happy with it as long as it continues to be supported on the iPads.
UPDATE:- no support for older Macs. All of a sudden it has stopped working and is asking for server version 1.3. This would not in itself be an issue but it still works perfectly when streaming to PS4. So it seems that the support fails at the first hurdle as they do not offer help, merely direct you to the forums. This has rendered it useless as a paid app and the customer service is not existent.
Go for a VLC option which is tried and tested.
Media networking made very tiresome at the moment
As a visually impaired user of the IOS app, I am always having to use the app with Apples Voice Over text to speech running to be able to navigate around. This has been fantastic for those like me and those people who may have had to help out when possible in the past. However the latest version has not fixed the 3D Touch problem with voiceover turned on you cannot bring the controls up, which is quite annoying and now leaves me, and for the lack of a better word, blind. The other really irritating NEW thing is totally unresponsive playback controls, where the only way to get it to shut up is to manually close the app. When you do run it again and try to play something, you may now have two different things playing at once, this is probably the AI trying to make up for lost time and just cramming more in. Pretty please Plex team fix my miracle media machine.
- Plex Inc.
- 226.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Plex, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Plex Pass £3.99
- iOS App Activation (enable streaming playback on iOS devices) £4.99
- Yearly Plex Pass £38.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.