Plotline 2 is designed to help novelists, writers, playwrights, screenwriters, in fact, any writer, to map out the structure for a story.
Plotline 2 breaks a story into sections, plotlines, and scenes. A section could be Act 1 of a classic 3-act structure, or it could be just ‘the middle’ of your short story.
Plotlines are the key strands of your story - whether you want to break things down by character, or subplot, or technical structure - it’s entirely your choice.
Once you’ve created your structure and plotlines, add scenes in the scene overview, a scrolling view into your story that shows the ebb and flow of your scenes within each section, according to how intense each scene should be.
When you’re ready, generate a synopsis that’s ready to export straight to your word-processor of choice.
1) Create story structures for novels, short stories, screenplays, and stage plays.
2) View your story’s narrative arc in the scrolling scene view window.
3) Easily move your scenes around within a section to get the best dramatic structure for your story
4) Generate a synopsis of your story for reference when you write
5) Export the synopsis to a normal text file, or as OPML for import into another outlining tool.
6) A handy PDF user-guide helps you get the most out the program.
7) Import from the original iPad version of Plotline.
Please note: -
Plotline 2 is a tool to help writers plot a story, it is NOT a word-processor.
While Plotline 2 can import the OPML export generated by Plotline, the two programs use a completely separate type of datafile for storage, and are NOT designed to be used together. We recommend you select the version for your preferred platform and use that exclusively.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Simple, adaptable story organiser tool
I was looking for a Screenplay Template for Pages - but found this instead - actually much better because it automatically builds you a tidy synopsis (Courier) out of the information you enter. Simple and intuitive but there's an OK PDF guide if you need tips. I use it for short form animation but can imagine it would be just as useful for developing feature length pieces. No glitches or hangs - it just works. Had to knock a satr off because the GUI is a bit naff - but it's inexpensive, friendly and extremely helpful for development. Recommended.
The developer, AFK Creative, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Craig Romans
- 16.4 MB
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Craig Romans
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.