Pocket Guide UK Seashore is a great reference guide for Beach Combers, Foragers, Ramblers, Walkers or just when enjoying Rock Pooling with your children on a day out at the beach.
Contains nearly 500 entries of commonly found Species, Plants, Animals, Whales, Seals, Fish, Jellyfish, Shells, Anemones, Seaweeds, Wild Herbs, Butterflies, Dragonflies, Shore Birds, Coastal Birds of Prey, Castles and many other features found around the UK coastlines beaches, cliffs and rocks.
Main Scroll View can be optionally re-categorised by
• Family taxonomy
• Genus taxonomy
• Conservation status
• Includes a wide variety of useful information
Search features to help identify Seashore features
• Unique Colour search using Colour selection
• Text search
- nb. Wildcards are supported, can search your own custom notes.
• Picture gallery
- nb. Select image to open detail page.
• Group (called Shapes) search
• Map of historical coastal defenses
• Historical catch rates
• Minimum landing sizes
Seashore Entries including
• Pinch to Zoom high quality image for each species
- nb. Select the image to use the zoom feature
• Detailed Description
• Primary Colours
• Specialised Information
• Culinary uses
• Traditional or historical uses
• Other info as necessary such as image attribution, link to image source.
• Detailed Glossary
• Useful Website and References list
• Bookmark any entry to the Bookmark View
• Add Custom Notes to ANY entry
• Use the Counter feature to count sightings
Social features allow posting Notes and Images to your wall or feeds.
Other useful utilities are included to help when you are out rambling such as
• A Range and Height Finder.
• UK day and night weather prediction view for around the next 5 days.
- nb. use the map to set the location pin.
• Moon phases for the next 70 days.
- nb. Northern Hemisphere only.
• Sunrise/Sunset, Moon Rise/Set and Twilight Start/Set.
- nb. set your location on the map and GMT offset as required.
• Places of Interest Map (Map Finder).
Installing the data
• CHECK DATABASE function to install or update data as necessary.
We are happy to consider including new features or species.
Please contact us to discuss the app, ask support questions or make suggestions for improvements using any of the following.
• Webpage Contact Us Support Form
• In App Contact Us Support Email
• Support Email Address
• Support and News forums for each app
• This App DOES NOT require an internet connection for most features.
• This App requires 650 Mb of free space to fully install.
• All images are saved to the applications library/plists folders for reuse as required by associated license agreement where stated, where no license is stated image reuse is not permitted please contact the developers to discuss.
• We cannot answer questions on the appstore, please contact us directly with any support questions or issues.
• Please let us know if we have missed any common species so we can add them in later versions.
• This App does not cover non-native imported species.
• Information provided only checked at date of publication.
Pocket Guide UK Seashore contains nearly 500 entries making it one of the most complete reference guides to the UK coastline, beaches, cliffs and rockpools available on the appstore.
We cannot answer questions or comments posted on the appstore. Please use our discussion board instead.
• This version resolves an issue with requesting permission to display home location.
Ratings and Reviews
Uk Seashore Pocket Guide
Great app. Fun to use on the coast with the kids, and to see how many species we can see. Crammed with information. I highly recommend it.
Great app. Plenty of detail. Loads of information. I learnt loads from using this app.
Takes up too much space
This app requires 1G of space - unable to load all the records. Not straight forward to use as you have to load database separately. Could be good - needs more work.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.