Grand Cayman is one of the world's most popular diving destinations. Boat diving excursions are extremely well served, but most visitors never get to experience the wealth of inexpensive, exciting easy access shore dives.
- This app aims to introduce divers to Grand Cayman shore dive sites around the island.
- The dives selected all have excellent dive shops on shore, easy access to the water and are accessible from George Town.
- The app uses all of the pioneering capability of the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- Each site is marked on a map of the island giving accurate GPS coordinates. There is a full dive briefing and indication of points of interest along with an idea of what sort of wildlife could be encountered. The dives are graded both with regard to diver experience and dive quality.
- There is a video of each site from the land as well as underwater along with an audio briefing and still photographs.
- The aim is to equip the diver with enough information to find the site and enjoy a safe dive without further guidance or research. The dive masters and instructors at each site are always available for extra advice and help so those needing any assistance are well catered for.
- The app also has a history of the islands, general advice on local diving and sections on topics of interest to the dives such as the lionfish invasion of the Caribbean and Grand Cayman's hyperbaric decompression chamber.
NO INTERNET/3G CONNECTION REQUIRED - The app is designed for offline use so you don't need to pay for high overseas data charges.
EXPERIENCED DIVEMASTERS – Both our authors are very experience keen divers resident on Grand Cayman. They bring to life the local shore diving seen with particular reference of divers new to the island. Safe diving is always a high priority.
Be part of the experience…
Grand Cayman Shore Dives is brand new. The developments are ongoing and updates will be issued frequently. Please contact email@example.com if you think of any improvements or if you want any more information please visit our website www.pockettours.co.uk
Optimised for latest iOS update
Ratings and Reviews
I live here and saw this app advertised in the dive shops. I was hoping for an app that showed all the local sites, maps and details.. What you get is a map with about 7 local dive shops/sites .. Nothing new to find out.. ..there are 356 sites here so this is useless..
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.