PocketDr is the must-have app for all junior doctors with on-call responsibilities.
It is an aide-memoire for the things you know - but may not recall quickly in the dead of night with constant bleeps and distractions.
Succinct. Pre-digested info. When you need it.
- Checklists for assessment of the deteriorating patient. Be prepared for any NEWS call: Hypoxia, Tachycardia, Hypotension, low GCS.
- Checklists for management of 21 acute medical conditions including: ACS, AF, Asthma, Delerium, Hyperkalaemia, Sepsis and Seizures.
- Investigations: Interpret ABGs, blood results, CXR and ECGs quickly and correctly.
- Rational Prescribing: Prescribe the right drug at the right dose: analgesia, antiemetics, electrolytes, sedation and end of life care.
- Scores: Quickly score your patient: GCS, AMTS, CURB-65, Wells (PE), CHA2DS2-VASc to guide your management plan.
- User input notes function for each presentation: customise your PocketDr!
- Up-to-date, evidence-based information, on-hand when you need it.
Readership: Junior doctors with on-call responsibilities, up to junior registrar level. Clinical years medical students.
Authors: Paul Watson, Helen Burt
User notes function added for each acute presentation - customise your PocketDr!
Minor content updates.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great aide memoire
As an F1/F2 this was a really useful app to help on the long night shifts providing ward cover. A good prompt of things to consider checking/doing/finding out before escalating to seniors. Since then still a useful to refer to when required.
Used it ALL the time when I was newly qualified. Still refer to it quite often. Very useful, concise and largely accurately. Recommended!
So paid for this app to aid me in my learning. But it doesn’t allow me to see notes or even click on any of the links. So I can’t look at any descriptions so it doesn’t help... it just shuts the app down with no explanation. Seems riddled with bugs doesn’t seem to work for me. Wasted money I feel.
- Medica Media Ltd
- 74 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Medica Media Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.