What reviewers and users say:
"This is a very solid virtual synth that, sonically, punches well above its asking price" - musicappblog
"Man this sounds good, full of rich goodness from the days of analog yore" - thesoundtestroom
"I've not beed this 'exited' about a synth app in a very, very long time" - Samuel Lindeman, experienced iOS musician
"Amazing, from vintage to most modern. This synth sounds great. It is going to be top of the list for apps I use at live shows" - App Store review
"This is the best $10 I've spent in a long time. I'm actually excited over what I will be able to do with Poison 202!" - App Store review
"This is the best synth. Better than any soft synth or even hardware" - App Store review
Poison-202 is a professional Vintage Midi Synthesizer. Made by musicians for musicians, it is inspired by famous classic hardware synthesizers of 80's and 90's and has all the main sound creation blocks you can imagine: oscillators, cutoff Filters, ADSR-envelopes, ring, cross modulation, LFOs, sync, super-saw oscillator and more! Unlike many other software synthesizers at the market, which can reproduce only limited family of sounds, Poison-202 is designed to be able to reproduce almost any classic synthesizer timbre! Check out the Presets Demo video:
The library of 420 built-in factory presets includes famous patches that can be heard in the compositions of such electronic and rave scene music performers as The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Azzido Da Bass, Darude, Kraftwerk, Daft Punk and many others!
You can play it with your fingers on iPhone / iPad, or you can plug-in your favorite USB MIDI keyboard into your device using Apple's Lightning to USB Camera Adapter and turn Poison-202 into a real synthesizer module!
• Audio Unit Extension (AUv3) support
• Audiobus support
• Inter-App Audio support
• Virtual Midi support
• can work either as standalone synth app, or as plug-in inside Cubasis, Garage Band, AUM, ModStep and other hosts
• 2 oscillators, 5 waveforms: Saw, Pulse (with adjustable Pulse Width), Sine, Triangle and Super-Saw
• one Super Saw oscillator generates 7 individual saw oscillators at the same time, with adjustable Mix and Detune parameters, reproducing famous classic analog strings and hoover sounds
• additional sub oscillator + noise generator
• 2 TVF (time variant filter) modules with Cutoff, Resonance, Keyboard tracking and ADSR envelope, 12 dB/octave
• 2 TVA (time variant amplifier) modules with ADSR envelope
• It is possible to pair two 12 dB filters to get one 24 dB/oct filter
• Pitch envelope (Attack/Decay) for each oscillator
• Ring, Sync, PW, XFM oscillator modulation
• 2 LFO modulation sources with Frequency and Fade-In parameters
• LFO's and Delay tempo sync
• LFO cross-modulation
• 6 waveforms of LFO: Triangle, Sine, Saw, Square, Trapezoid and Random (S&H)
• 4 LFO modulation destinations: Pitch, Filter, Amplifier and PWM
• 3-band EQ for each patch
• Digital realtime effects: Distortion, Bit-Crusher, Chorus, Flanger, Delay, Panning Delay and Reverb with adjustable parameters
• Master brickwall Limiter (can be switched on/off)
• Two signal flow connection structures: Parallel and Series
• Portamento, Solo playing mode with Legato switch
• Pitch Wheel with adjustable pitch bend range
• Modulation Wheel with assignable controls
• Arpeggiator with 6 modes and 12 rhythm patterns with tempo and swing feel control
• Scale play mode when playing onscreen keyboard with over 40 different scales to select from
• Voice polyphony up to 24 (device dependent)
• Up to 300 user presets to store
• Import/Export user preset banks via iTunes File Sharing
• Scalable and movable onscreen keyboard with key velocity control and Hold button
• Show Oscillogram feature
• Midi Learn feature
• Arabic quarter-tone microtuning option
• iPhone 4S and up
• iPad 2 and up
Poison-202 support page:
- important bug fixes and stability improvements for the Audio Unit version;
- added push notification service for notifying about JimAudio news and special offers.
Ratings and Reviews
Not been into synths long but this one is amazing. I've managed to create some huge sounding patches. The interface is very easy to understand and fun to use. Poison needs some updating to bring it into line with other synths on the AppStore, but as version 1 it is well worth the price. I'm pretty sure the developer will be adding audiobus support as well as all the other connection options that make iPad so good for mobile musicians. One last thing ... Buy It!
A beautiful synth
I'm 42, and have been fiddling with, programming and using synths of all shapes and sizes since the 80s. Poison 202, which I've been using for less than a fortnight, is a beautiful, warm and crisp sounding instrument that I know will please most knob twiddlers and synth lovers everywhere. Get it now.
Cannot turn off both oscillators to use noise only
This is my only gripe. I absolutely love this synth. But for noise only sounds (drums, ambient etc) you cannot turn off both oscillators. You can only mix between the two. This is a huge oversight as far as I’m concerned. Apart from that, it’s amazingly simple and very very powerful.
Please please add an oscillator on/off function somewhere (hidden in settings?) and you will have a perfect app.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.