NEW! Now you can battle other Pokémon GO trainers online! Try the GO Battle League today.
Join Trainers across the globe who are discovering Pokémon as they explore the world around them. Pokémon GO is the global gaming sensation that has been downloaded over 1 billion times and named “Best Mobile Game” by the Game Developers Choice Awards and “Best App of the Year” by TechCrunch.
UNCOVER THE WORLD OF POKÉMON: Explore and discover Pokémon wherever you are!
CATCH more Pokémon to complete your Pokédex!
JOURNEY alongside your Buddy Pokémon to help make your Pokémon stronger and earn rewards!
COMPETE in epic Gym battles and...
TEAM UP and UNITE with other Trainers to catch powerful Pokémon during Raid Battles!
It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await! Let’s GO!
With the player’s permission, Adventure Sync uses the Health app to enable the player to earn walking distance when the app is closed.
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks.
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Information current as of July 11, 2019.
- Compatible with iPhone® 5s / SE / 6 / 6s / 6 Plus / 6s Plus / 7 / 7 Plus / 8 / 8 Plus / X devices with iOS Version 9 or later installed.
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 5c or earlier iPhone devices.
- Please visit PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
Trainers, there’s always something new in Pokémon GO!
- Get ready for the spookiest month of the year! There’s much to look forward to this October, from Pokémon GO Halloween and costumed Pokémon to a tie-in event with Pokémon the Movie: Secrets of the Jungle.
- You can now zoom in and out while in the style menu for a better view of your avatar’s outfit.
- Nickname suggestions and updated gameplay tips have been added.
- Various quality-of-life updates.
Ratings and Reviews
I started playing Pokemon Go again during lockdown (unfortunately I forgot my previous account so I had to start over) and it has been amazing! The game lets you figure out a lot of things yourself and basically just leaves you to get on with it which is great :) It also doesn’t bombard you with tasks to complete (they have them but they are in no way compulsory to move on in the game) or random notifications like some other apps do, which is great. It also encourages you to get out of the house and find new Pokemon, and some of them are really cute. It was magikarp day a few days ago, and this was amazing, as you need to catch lots of magikarps to evolve them and power them up and they are usually quite hard to find (especially in London) in the wild. So overall this is an amazing game with barely any glitches, although like all apps they do happen sometimes. The most annoying one for me is when I use a remote raid pass (worth 100 coins) and then occasionally the app crashes and I lose my raid pass completely. I personally find it hard to collect coins and therefore it can take me a while to save up to buy a remote raid pass. However this has only happened a few times and it doesn’t really bother me (I can see how it would bother someone else though, so if you see this I think this is definitely something worth fixing or at least giving the raid pass back :) )
I’ve loved the game ever since I started playing it back when it first came out and it’s really incredible to see the game has changed a lot. These changes have all been good ones in my view, like the new generations and all the community days which allow you to get shinies and the evolution chain of that Pokemon and I really don’t think Niantic have overpriced anything and I believe the community day challenge pass for £0.79 is amazing! It gives you candies for that Pokemon and like the recent electabuzz and magmar community days last month you got a lot of that Pokemon and candies for them by catching 15 of them which with incense (lasting 3 hours on community days) wasn’t very hard. Better yet shinies were rather easy in community days and I got about 5 - 10 shinies each time but to make it more reasonable they decreased the odds. However I thought this was a good thing as you still get shinies but not so many that it makes it boring. To this day I have gotten a shiny from all the community days I’ve played.
Overall this game is a blast and I can’t wait for gen 6!!!
Level 40 and over 13 - friends feature
Second edit: Surely you can have setting that allows the adult to be able to give authority to let an under 13 see the new social feature instead of making this unavailable to them? Or that the adult has to authorise friends. This is totally going to ruin the enjoyment of my nephew playing alongside me, which actually helps keep him active as he comes on walks with me. Even at least let the adult that their account is linked to and child be friends (even if the child can not add anyone else) so at least the child can benefit from this new added feature. C’mon these are surely better options that simply not letting an under 13 being able to see the feature and ruin their play, alongside the adult that they probably play with.
Edit: interestingly the please come back when you hit be level 40 to access social feature! Has gone this morning and I can now access it on adult account. Still not visible on child linked account.
To be able to use to the added social feature?! You don’t mention that in the update notes. How to ruin the excitement for the change to us more casual players (30 mins to an hour a day) , level 32 going to be a good few months before get to level 40. Also hoping that the roll out is gradually and you haven’t stopped child linked to adult accounts from having this as will totally ruin my nephew playing along side me (currently me adult can see feature but child nephew can’t)
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Niantic, Inc.
- 362.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016-2021 Niantic, Inc. © 2016-2021 Pokémon. © 1995-2021 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 100 PokéCoins £0.79
- 550 PokéCoins £4.49
- 1,200 PokéCoins £8.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.