Have you ever thought about the impact your surroundings have on your sleep, productivity, stress levels and overall mental wellbeing?
The truth is they have a profound impact and for me (hi there, I'm Nick the Founder of Portal!) it took an episode of depression followed by a life-changing 6 weeks camping in the wilds of New Zealand to truly open my eyes to the incredible effect and power of surroundings.
It's an insight that led to a simple thought - what if we could bottle up the essence of the world's greatest locations and make them accessible to anyone, anywhere, anytime?
And this is exactly what Portal does.
We harness the power of immersive technologies, including spatial audio, smart lighting and retina-quality visuals, to provide instant escapes to some of the world’s most peaceful and awe-inspiring locations.
- Instantly wash away your stresses on a tropical beach in Thailand
- Drift off under the stars high in the Himalayas
- Find your focus in the midst of a thunderstorm deep in the Amazon Rainforest
- Meditate in the beautifully remote Highlands of Scotland
Our ultimate goal is to provide an experience that's as close to actually being there as you can get, allowing you to harness the power of the world's greatest surroundings whenever you need and wherever you may be.
It's an approach inspired by a life-changing experience and backed up by a growing mountain of scientific research and evidence.
Join us on a journey to better surroundings, and experience a wellbeing app like no other.
- 49 portals to take you to some of the most beautiful and peaceful corners of the world, captured to help improve sleep, focus and relaxation.
- Immersive true-to-life Spatial Audio recordings
- Philips Hue, HomeKit & Nanoleaf smart lighting integration to match the lighting ambience of your room with that of your chosen portal (exclusive Nanoleaf discounts available).
- Stunning retina quality ultra-high-definition motion visuals.
- Award-winning design for beautiful aesthetics and simple intuitive use.
- Sunrise wakeup alarm for a more natural and energising start to your day.
- Sleep timer that allows you to put down your device for the night and drift off to the sounds of the world.
- Simplified pomodoro focus timer to help you stay focused and inflow throughout your day.
- Meditation timer & breathing exercises to calm and relax.
- Mix audio functionality to combine nature’s ambience with your favourite podcast, audiobook, playlist, or guided meditation.
- Siri Shortcuts - deep integration for voice control or single tap shortcuts to your favourite portal.
- Family Sharing - share Portal Premium with up to 5 other family members in your Family Sharing group.
- Absolute Privacy - no third-party tracking, no targeted advertising, and no collection of your personal data. It's just you and nature.
PLEASE NOTE: Portal makes use of some of the latest technologies available on iOS and can be demanding for older iPhones and iPads. An iPhone 6S or iPad Air 2 or newer is recommended for the best experience.
Upon downloading Portal, you will have immediate access to 6 free portals.
SUBSCRIPTION PRICING & TERMS
Portal Premium offers our best and most immersive experience with unlimited access to our entire content library, smart lighting integration and dynamic spatial audio support while you maintain an active subscription.
Our subscription options include: a monthly subscription, an annual subscription with a 7-day free trial and a Lifetime subscription, which is paid for by a one-off upfront payment.
Please note that monthly and annual subscriptions will automatically renew unless turned off in your iTunes Account Settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. You can go to your iTunes Account settings to manage your subscription and turn off auto-renew.
With this update, we’re pleased to let you know that we’ve squashed a few Siri-related bugs and also introduced some improvements to our smart lighting experience that’ll make things a whole lot smoother.
*** Siri Bug Fixes ***
- Fixes crashes whenever Portal would respond to a Siri shortcut whilst running in the background.
- Portal no longer freezes when a Siri command is used whilst Portal is running in the foreground.
- Portal no longer dismisses Siri before he/she has had the chance to respond :)
*** Smart Lighting Improvements ***
- Lighting re-syncs to previous state whenever Portal’s brought to the foreground.
- The option to turn the lights off when un-syncing has been added. Just long-press the lighting control dial.
- A note clarifying that HomeKit wakeup alarms are only supported when Portal is left running in the foreground has been added.
Huge thanks to all those that provided the feedback that helped make the above possible - you know who you are!
If there’s anything bugging you or something you’d wish Portal could do, please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
How can an app about sound look this gorgeous? Portal is part immersive audio experience and part travel companion, a way to lose yourself in lush audio environments from all corners of the globe, all through a cool minimalist UI and stunning HD visuals. Focus, study, or snooze to downpours in the Amazon, lapping waves from the lochs of Scotland, whale song from the deep blue waters of Tahiti, or thunder on the Great Plains. Tap a sound and the app transforms into an aesthetically pleasing clock; set a timer to drift off to sleep to winds on the Isle of Skye or wake to a springtime chorus in London. Bonus: Pair compatible AirPods to experience it all in spatial audio.
Absolutely amazing app! Would recommend to everyone and use it every night as a screen saver on both my phone and my iPad. Love having the gentle sound of a fire or waves in my room during the day and the beautiful live videos are brilliant for screensavers when not working with the device. I instantly purchased the upgrade for the rest of the portals because I NEEDED the others because the base ones were incredible. My only additions I'd make to the app is that I'd love a feature where the clock is the only UI piece on the screen as would love to wake up to see time and not the bottom UI, i would love to see more features added to the connectivity such as google home support and also maybe a way to choose a playlist of portals to play for different durations I would also love to see in the future a way to have this on my windows PC although this is an IOS app it would be superb on PC too! But that's just me with my ideas lol this app is a must download and I yesss it all the time! I can't get enough of this app! I can't wait to see what portals will be coming soon! Keep up the incredible work!!
Developer Response ,
Hi Sith--Lord66, thanks for taking the time to share your very kind feedback! It's great to hear you're loving using Portal :) You've made some terrific suggestions for future developments that we're very keen to explore. However, please continue to watch this space as in the meantime we've got some exciting new features and content in the pipeline that we can't wait to release! We hope you enjoy them when they come. Many thanks for your support and encouragement, Nick.
Awesome app, been using since version 1 and it just keeps getting better and better. Such effortless functionality coupled with beautiful design, making it a real pleasure to actually use. It’s excellent at creating immersive experiences that instantly provide headspace, calm, and simply just moments of wild otherness to a day, even if I’ve only got 10 minutes to spare. The combination of listening and focusing on the visuals at the same time seems to create a powerful synergy, resetting the body’s nervous system, so relieving any immediate stress. Adding a breathing exercise hyper charges for an instant and serious reboot when needed! Sounds to fall asleep to, sounds to sharpen focus, or sounds & visuals to escape and chill, that’s how I use it and it’s basically one really versatile app.
Clearly a lot of thought, care and passion is going into the making of this very cool app. Recently contacted the team behind it, and they couldn’t have been more helpful. Really lovely.
This is my first and only review of an any app, I can’t think of a higher recommendation.
Developer Response ,
Wow K-aWalkingupaTree, we're floored and incredibly humbled by your extremely kind words!
You're spot on too - we've put our heart and soul into Portal, but I can honestly say that it makes it well worth it knowing that people like yourself are enjoying and benefitting from using Portal and hopefully it's making a positive difference in people's lives.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for supporting us from V1 to now, rest assured we've got lots more planned for the future which we hope you'll love - we can't wait to share it with you!
You've made our day and put a massive smile on each of our faces :) Many thanks, Nick.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Portal Labs Ltd
- 309.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Portal Labs Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Membership £34.99
- V2 (No Longer Available) £4.99
- Monthly Membership £6.99
- Upgrade (No Longer Available) £8.99
- Portal Membership (Lifetime) £219.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.