Escape around the world with Portal.
Whether you’re struggling to focus at work, stressed on your daily commute or need help winding down at night, Portal provides a beautiful and unique way to escape noise and distraction and help improve your productivity, sleep and relaxation.
Swipe through our "portals" and let our 3D soundscapes, beautiful visuals and Philips Hue smart lighting immerse you in your chosen location. Focus surrounded by the rumble of a thunderstorm in the Amazon, meditate to the sound of the Pacific Ocean in Hawaii, or drift off to sleep at dusk in Tyrol, Austria.
We believe that the simple act of changing your ambience can have a huge and positive impact on your life, and we’ve made it our mission to capture ambience from around the world and bring it to you like never before.
- 19 unique Portals, specially chosen to help you focus, sleep and relax (5 FREE, 14 Unlocked with an In-App Purchase)
- Features immersive 3D soundscapes from Emmy award winning nature sound recordist
- Philips Hue integration to match the colour of your room with your chosen environment
- Siri Shortcuts - deep integration to allow voice control of Portal or single tap shortcuts to your favourite setups
- Stream audio to your speakers with AirPlay
- 3 optimised interfaces for focus, sleep and escape
- Beautiful dark design, including motion views of Earth from the International Space Station
- A simple & intuitive interface - change your ambience with a single swipe
- Stunning HD visuals captured with drones and traditional cameras
- Varied content, from thunderstorms and crashing waves, to forests and tropical beaches
- Countdown timer to set specific focus periods, sleep timers and rest periods
- Focused task option for a simplified Pomodoro technique
- Alarm clock for a gentle wakeup each day
- Basic breathing exercise to calm and relax
- Optimised for the new edge-to-edge iPhone & iPad Pro displays
What our users are using Portal for:
- To help with sleep (great for babies and young children too)
- To mask noise and distraction in the office
- To help with focus while studying
- To help improve concentration and creativity while working
- To provide beautiful natural ambience for meditation and yoga
- To improve productivity
- To help calm anxiety
- To help reduce stress
- To add relaxing ambience to a busy commute
- To pair with podcasts, playlists and audiobooks for added ambience and masking external noise
- To cut out cabin noise, calm anxiety and improve sleep on flights
- To help mask the effects of tinnitus
PLEASE NOTE: Portal makes use of some of the latest technologies available on iOS and can be demanding for older iPhones and iPads. An iPhone 6S or iPad Air 2 or newer is recommended for the best experience.
* A beautiful new dawn chorus Portal captured in a quiet London garden during lockdown - made available to everyone for free
* 3 new breathing exercises
* Alarm improvements allowing you to set the wakeup volume and choose a different backup alarm sound
* Configuration option to set the digital clock format - 12h or 24h
* A few other bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Absolutely amazing app! Would recommend to everyone and use it every night as a screen saver on both my phone and my iPad. Love having the gentle sound of a fire or waves in my room during the day and the beautiful live videos are brilliant for screensavers when not working with the device. I instantly purchased the upgrade for the rest of the portals because I NEEDED the others because the base ones were incredible. My only additions I'd make to the app is that I'd love a feature where the clock is the only UI piece on the screen as would love to wake up to see time and not the bottom UI, i would love to see more features added to the connectivity such as google home support and also maybe a way to choose a playlist of portals to play for different durations I would also love to see in the future a way to have this on my windows PC although this is an IOS app it would be superb on PC too! But that's just me with my ideas lol this app is a must download and I yesss it all the time! I can't get enough of this app! I can't wait to see what portals will be coming soon! Keep up the incredible work!!
Developer Response ,
Hi Sith--Lord66, thanks for taking the time to share your very kind feedback! It's great to hear you're loving using Portal :) You've made some terrific suggestions for future developments that we're very keen to explore. However, please continue to watch this space as in the meantime we've got some exciting new features and content in the pipeline that we can't wait to release! We hope you enjoy them when they come. Many thanks for your support and encouragement, Nick.
I love this app! The only reason why I have given this 4 stars & not 5 is not because of any imperfections. But actually only because I’d love to make a request for one change or addition. I would love it if any future update enabled the live images to rotate into a horizontal view with the rotating of the phone & not just the current portrait view. That way, it would be brilliant to pop my phone on its side & see a wide angle view of the beautiful footage on the app.
I love the easy use. The varied choice of sounds & music is generous. The layout is stylish but also easy to navigate & to change between the different sounds. I listened to one of them today in the afternoon & I think I must’ve nodded off within minutes. One of my favourite apps. If any update allows the video live images to rotate with the phone into a horizontal view, I’ll give this a perfect 5.
Developer Response ,
Hi dominus1100, thanks for your feedback and kind words. We're so pleased to hear that we rank amongst your favourite apps! Sorry for the slow reply, we are currently working on introducing an orientation function in one of our next updates that will allow Portal to rotate in sync with your device, so keep an eye out for that! It is a request that a lot of our community have made, so we can't wait to deliver this for you and them, and hopefully become a perfect 5 :) In the meantime, we hope you continue to enjoy Portal. Many thanks, Nick.
The best app I have used
If you are reading this just download the app. Its not got aggressive monetisation like some sound apps for like £9.99 its slick and very modern looking. I’m 1000% going to pay for this. To the developers, you have done an amazing job in making this app. It really helps me out when I get anxious or feel like I’m going to have a panic attack. You should add the option for users to do a variable price. So £3.99 being the lowest and then give us the option to give you what we think the app is worth I would happily pay more. 🙏🏼
Developer Response ,
Ahhh, thanks Fuzz ball234 for sharing your amazing feedback. We're so pleased that you're a fan of Portal's and we're humbled to know that its having a positive and meaningful impact in your life :) It's why we created Portal, and what drives us to continue to develop and improve it going forward. Many thanks for your kind words and support, Nick.
- Portal Labs Ltd
- 554.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Portal Labs Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock All Portals £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.