LIMITED TIME OFFER: 30-DAY FREE TRIAL WITH AN ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION. Download the app now and take advantage of this amazing offer when you subscribe.
Practical Boat Owner is the UK’s best selling sailing magazine. Established over 40 years ago and published 13 times a year its mission is to inform readers on how best to maintain and use their boat.
Packed with practical know how from buying a boat to modifying, repairing, restoring or kitting out with the latest electronic equipment, PBO has it covered. There is also a comprehensive listing section featuring the latest pre owned boats and equipment for sale as well as other marine services.
The available subscription periods for Practical Boat Owner magazine are 1 month or 1 year and your subscription will start with the latest available issue.
Purchase a single issue £4.99
Purchase a monthly subscription £3.99
Purchase an annual subscription £33.99
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period
- Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription price
- Your subscriptions may be managed, and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
Ti Media Limited Terms and Conditions:
We've updated the app in order to make your Practical Boat Owner Magazine experience better. We fixed a few bugs and added performance improvements behind the scenes.
Ratings and Reviews
I like the magazine which tries to cater to all types of sailor. It is suitable to others perhaps more 'practical', as the name of the magazine suggests, than me. Even so, it doesn't patronise like other sailing mags that I subscribe to. The app for the IPad is invaluable to me, as I can pick up past issues without storing paper magazines. This has proven very useful in the past where I needed a reminder of something I had read. I can't find the problems others seem to have had, although 'forcing' a review is counterproductive and only gives the mag itself a bad review instead of the problem itself. Overall though, I am a happy IPad subscriber to the PBO.
Very convenient way to read a great magazine....
Round in circles
As a print subscriber I really thought this was a great idea to read the latest mag when out and about. But ohh the process of trying to get the mag to appear in the newsstand. I have gone round in circles following the printed instructions.
Looking at other comments i may have fallen foul of using a different email address than held by the subs department. This mag was bought for me as a present so I have no idea what email address they hold. If any. Life is too short to mess about and I will just read the printed copy. Have you ever got the impression the publishers really don't want you to go down the route of emagazines and have therefore made the process as obstructive as possible? Here is an excellent example.
If you have been sailing for years, navigating the installation of these magazines is like beating against a yachtsman's gale in mid November. You will get there in the end but you may decide to sell the boat on arrival and buy a caravan instead!
- TI Media Limited
- 53.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © TI Media Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Practical Boat Owner Magazine Subscriptions £3.99
- Practical Boat Owner Magazine Subscriptions £33.99
- PBO Skippers' Handbook £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.