- Device wide tracker protection, 2x faster page loads, reduced bandwidth, better battery life
- Easy to use firewall, block whatever you want
- Encrypt every DNS lookup your domain makes, to prevent tracking of your web history and app usage
Secure Mode encrypts all HTTP traffic (including in-app and background) to keep your sensitive data secure.
Why secure HTTP and DNS matter? Your device loads thousands of unsecured HTTP and DNS connections everyday. These unencrypted connections are vulnerable to legal and illegal collection of your sensitive information in transit. Our technology encrypts all your DNS and HTTP connections. We NEVER store or log any traffic routed through our servers and don’t track your IP address or any other personal info, except the info you volunteer.
Our Tracker Protection technology, integrated into many popular browsers including Firefox, is now available to block trackers that invisibly collect data inside all your apps and browsers. Pro blocks privacy invasive trackers across your entire device by setting a DNS in the SmartVPN that prevents tracking domains from connecting to your device. These trackers violate your privacy, slow page loads, and waste your bandwidth and battery life. Our tracker protection is solely focused on consumer privacy and we have a well defined policy, which you can view here: https://disconnect.me/trackerprotection. We are not an ad blocker and never accept money for whitelisting. In our Pro application you have full control of which trackers are blocked or unblocked.
Honored to be named favorite privacy tool in the New York Times in 2016, 2017, and 2018 and to win many awards, Disconnect offers simple to use and powerful protection.
- Proud to help protect over 50 million people
- Accolades include winning the Innovation Award for Privacy and Security at the South by Southwest Interactive festival, making the list of Popular Science’s 100 Best of What’s New and being recommended as the New York Times' favorite privacy app 2016, 2017, 2018
- Featured on 60 Minutes, the Today Show, the Wall Street Journal, CNN, Wired, and many more
- Public partnerships with leading privacy/security organizations including Consumer Reports, Mozilla, and the EFF
About Disconnect Pro:
- Encrypts insecure DNS and HTTP connections
- Utilizes servers in numerous geographic locations, auto-routing to the fastest location to improve speed and lower latency
- Blocks invisible tracking and next generation malware (malvertising) threats
- Allows you to actually see the trackers we block and connections we encrypt
- Accelerates page load speeds, reduces bandwidth, and extends battery life
- Empowers you to easily set your firewall preferences, block whatever domains you want
- Works on Wi-Fi and Cellular (2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, etc)
- Supports 32 and 64-bit devices
The free version of Disconnect Pro blocks trackers and encrypts your DNS through our SmartVPN and requires no subscription.
Our Secure Mode requires a subscription and encrypts all HTTP traffic on your device, which protects your sensitive details from unwanted surveillance.
Length: You can sign up for a 12 month subscription
Prices for subscriptions:
- 7-day free trial, free of charge, no commitment, cancel anytime
- Your Disconnect Pro subscription will be charged to your iTunes Account at purchase confirmation
- The monthly or annual subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period and identify the cost of the renewal.
- You can manage your subscription and turn auto-renewal off in your Account Settings after purchase.
Fixes on-boarding screen UI bug, fixes iCloud backup bug, and other various improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
A recommendation from the Washington Post led me to this amazing app
I tried this after reading an article about it in the WaPo, and quickly upgraded to the annual pass. Why? Because it’s staggering how many trackers were operating from my phone- and I don’t even have the Facebook app, or instagram! I was shocked at the lists of trackers- 301 blocked as an average every Day.
Only one app out of 151 I have installed won’t accept a connection - Defense News - so I don’t have to turn off the VPN more than once every couple of days. My connection speeds generally have improved, battery consumption decreased, and its had no impact on usability. Hopefully it will continue to improve and help those of us who don’t like being surveilled for profit, safer. I’m more bothered now by Apples inability to restrain the apps sucking out my data!
Gave back my freedom
The most indispensable app on any of my devices. It works without any flaws, suppresses vicious ads, let's you choose your location for unlocking content, and surfing still is very fast. In times of mass surveillance, you are the product. Privacy is a basic human right. Surfing the web without is like not using protection for love. Never do it without :)
I really like it
I really like it, this is exactly what I’ve been looking for... a application to prevent tracking, and also to block trackers and encrypt http connections by apps on your phone.
I tried a VPN and that tends to rag your phone battery, so this is the perfect option for me.
I’ve paid for the subscription and I haven’t had any bad experiences.
- Disconnect, Inc.
- 50.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Disconnect, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- SmartVPN with Secure Mode £4.49
- SmartVPN with Secure HTTP £22.99
- Premium Toolbox £9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.