"In the end, we picked Disconnect as our favorite [privacy] tool because it was the easiest to understand.” The New York Times, February 17, 2016
Super simple to use, Disconnect’s powerful award-winning protection makes your device faster, safer, and better.
- Over 50 million people use our software
- Amazing accolades include winning the 2015 Innovation Award for Privacy and Security at the South by Southwest Interactive festival, making the list of Popular Science’s 100 Best of What’s New and being recommended as the New York Times' favorite privacy app
- Featured on 60 Minutes, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Today Show, CNN, Wired, and many more
- Public partnerships with leading privacy/security organizations like the EFF and Mozilla
About Privacy Pro:
- Block invisible tracking and next generation malware (malvertising) threats
- Accelerate page load speeds by up to 44% and reduces bandwidth by up to 39% depending on your device usage!
- Unlike browser specific products, Disconnect Pro protects you across all your applications, including mobile browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc.)
- Encrypt DNS requests to keep your internet activity private
Thousands of companies you’ve never heard of build profiles based on your online activity and track you in ways you wouldn’t expect. Everything we do online is subject to surveillance. Disconnect Privacy Pro allows you to better control your data.
Our technology blocks over 5000 trackers, sources of malware and identity theft. We use Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology to set a configuration profile that prevents trackers and hackers from accessing your Internet activity. Unlike full-fledged VPNs this product does NOT slow down your Internet, route your traffic through our servers or mask your IP address.
We don’t log, examine, or store any data you transmit through your use of our VPN. View our full policy here: https://disconnect.me/privacy
NEW: support for dark mode and DNS encryption
FIXES: VPN stability and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I bought this app and it doesn’t work with any other VPNs. I deactivate this app and use my other VPN then switch back and all internet access is blocked. Then I deactivate this and everything works. My other VPNs work fine just this app doesn’t work at all once you use another VPN. Discussed with support and over 2 months ago they were looking into it. They were helpful enough but no updates and nothing since. I cannot use the app and I cannot see an update or resolution in sight. I certainly wouldn’t recommend anyone buy this at present if you use another VPN. Obviously they won’t work at the same time but being able to swap between them shouldn’t be a feat of magic. It just doesn’t work for me sadly.
bought the app and it doesn’t even open!
Developer Response ,
Our app is very minimal. Instead of opening a window when it is launched, all you will see is a shield icon in your Mac's Menu Bar. You can click on the icon to turn the app on and off. If you're ever having any trouble, please reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make sure you're properly set up.
I have used this app for several years now, so have practical experince as to how it works in comparison to other add blockers.
The great advatage with Pivacy Pro is that it works system wide with all browsers at system level, the filtering is taking place via it’s own servers and provides a consistent approach for those who use more than one browser.
I have never really found a lack of ability to control individual types of ad a problem, the app generally moderates what it blocks at a sensible level, it really is a case of just setting it to start at login and switching on or off in the top bar menu.
Whilst it may seem to be an advantage to fine tune this works all the time when on (Icon turns dark) and is not affected by malware cleaners or the new Safari feature of overriding add blocking (it still blocks regardless).
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.