Private Internet Access VPN
Protect your privacy with Private Internet Access®, the world's leading VPN service for iOS users on iPhone and iPad. Private Internet Access®, or PIA, enables users to encrypt their network traffic and stay protected when surfing the web. Add privacy and security to private and public networks when you browse the Internet and use Wi-Fi, whether connected to a hotspot or at home. High speeds, unlimited bandwidth, connect with 10 devices simultaneously (smartphones, tablets, computers), no traffic logs, and 24/7 professional, native English speaking customer support.
WHY USE VPN FROM PRIVATE INTERNET ACCESS®?
• Low price. $3.33 per month if you purchase a 1 year subscription ($39.99/year) or $6.99 on a monthly basis.
• Reliable and trusted VPN provider since 2010 with a proven no log policy.
• Privacy is our Policy. Here at PIA, we not only provide a great VPN service at a low price, but we also support organizations like the Electronic Frontier Foundation, FightForTheFuture, Creative Commons, Open Rights Group, Index on Censorship, freenode, Wireguard, Arch Linux, and many others.
We respect your privacy and anonymity.
BY USING VPN FROM PRIVATE INTERNET ACCESS®, YOU GET:
• IP Cloaking. Your IP address will be changed to a Private Internet Access IP address to hide your identity and location. Hide your IP address to stop data trackers, snoopers, and hackers from tracking your browsing and search activity.
• Data Encryption. Encrypt your internet traffic with our VPN proxy. Our trusted online privacy service creates several security layers which keep you anonymous and prevent access to your data. It’s time to change your WiFi habits. Don’t use WiFi without our secure VPN to proxy your internet traffic!
• WiFi Security. With WPA and WPA2 now kracked, you need a VPN to protect your WiFi everywhere - not just in hotspots, coffee shops, cafes, hotels, and airports. If you use WiFi hotspots without encryption, your data can be seen, blocked, throttled, censored, or otherwise changed.
• Content Blocker. The Safari Content Blocker blocks ads, trackers, and malware while browsing with Safari.
WHAT DO OUR CUSTOMERS THINK?
“Never had a problem. Has been my go to VPN for the past 2 years. Awesome service ever since”
“Firstly, the company is second to none in terms of support, troubleshooting, and individualized assistance. Their nodes and hubs are top speed. Their client is streamlined and has a tremendous ease of use.”
“This is my go to app for VPN. Been using Windows version for years and the iPad version is great.”
“No hiccups, no crashes or anything. It just works great. Bear in mind you have to subscribe to the service for this to work. I highly recommend it.”
“Simple and solid. No issues even when traveling.”
“Hard to find a nit with this app. (...) The iOS app allows a quicker toggle on/off than digging into settings, for VPN hostile iOS apps like Pandora and Netflix. I like PIA’s value for the money, and I have not had any trouble whatsoever with the iOS app. I recommend this app, and PIA, as one of your layers of online security.”
“I did my homework, reviewing many VPN services. PIA was among the most economical, plenty of simultaneous connections and more than enough servers and services. (...) The speed is more than I hoped for. I can stream all YouTube videos. HD quality is superb with no buffering. I am happy to have this extra security on all our devices. My wife could not tell the difference after I installed it on her PC. I think I paid $39.99/year. What a bargain!”
This application only sends username and encrypted passwords to our servers as part of using this app. During signups, we also collect user's email. We do not collect and/or store any other user information. https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/terms-of-service/
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I thought it only fair to write a second review of this app after its recent updates.
Massive improvements all round. Connections are much more stable and i can leave it on pretty much all the time with very few interruptions, either on WiFi or when connected to a mobile network. Many more options inside the app as well in order to tailor the vpn connection that is suitable for you. The team working on this app have clearly been listening. Keep up the good work, great job so far
Latest version will not now hold a vpn connection for more than a couple of hours
Unbelievably, it got worse. Support emailed me with destructions on how to get my router to work after I updated the bios - of course that didn't work. Let me tell you about pia ... it just doesn't work ... don't bother with this sh1t coz it just doesn't work. I eventually switched to ExpressVPN and that does work both on mobile devices and routers no bother no sweat. Do yourself a favour, pay the extra to get a service that works.
Before the latest update, I could connection the vpn on my ipad or phone and it would stay connected until I disconnected and would very often stay connected all day. Now, after the latest update which supposedly improved VPN connection negotiation, it will only stay connected for at most a few hours - often it will disconnect vpn after 30 minutes. I don't see how this is called an improvement. Can we have the old connection negotiation back please - that worked. The whole point about vpn is security and privacy. It is not helping security and privacy if your app reverts to the normal (insecure) connection after a short while with you only finding out when you notice it.
Oh, and btw, auto reconnect doesn't seem to cure this problem/doesn't work either.
Developer Response ,
Hello, I apologize for the issues you have been experiencing with the router connections and the latest versions of the app. This is not the norm and we would be happy to assist you in getting it resolved Can I have you email us at the following link or let us know your ticket number if you already have one submitted?
Drains battery, drops frequently
Started using this VPN full time, and started noticing a massively reduced battery life on my iPhone X. It took me a whole week to actually realise that this app was the cause... When I finally checked the battery usage on my phone, this app was consistently responsible for draining around 43% of my battery each day! To make it even worse the connection just drops regardless of being on cellular or WiFi. The joke is on me though because I paid for 2 years up front and because it took me so long to notice the problems I’m now outside of the refund window. Two stars because when used on occasion the speeds are totally fine and the app and widget make it fast to connect/disconnect. Also works fine on desktop, but if you’re looking for a mobile VPN, look elsewhere.
- London Trust Media Incorporated
- 75.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 Private Internet Access, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Month of VPN Service £6.99
- Year of VPN Service £38.99
- Month of VPN Service £9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.