Introducing Pro HDR X, a complete overhaul of Pro HDR, the world’s most popular HDR camera app.
In 2009, we created Pro HDR, the first full-resolution mobile HDR app ever released. It has won many awards and been purchased over a million times. A massive upgrade, Pro HDR X captures true HDR images automatically and instantly, with dramatically better results than ever before.
"Pro HDR X is far better than Apple's built-in software" -- TUAW
Going way beyond the limited HDR built into iOS, Pro HDR X dynamically analyzes the scene in realtime and provides up to 10 additional stops of dynamic range. For the first time, Pro HDR X now uses *three* separate full-resolution exposures to generate your HDR, giving you maximum dynamic range with minimal artifacts and noise. And we still also offer manual mode for those who wish to select their exposure points by hand. Plus, there’s even a new slider that lets you fine-tune exactly how much HDR effect you want after your shot is captured.
Not only does Pro HDR X feature a massive leap in image quality and speed, we’ve totally redesigned the UI, bringing a modern look and feel to the app. We’ve hand-crafted the interface to perfectly suit each device’s native size and resolution, from 3.5" to 5.5" iPhones. And we haven’t forgotten iPads, which also feature brand new interfaces perfectly suited to their larger screens.
The features don’t end there. Pro HDR X also includes:
• Advanced photo library support, from editing single images to aligning and merging HDRs from two or three bracketed images. We even let you import giant DSLR images from your photo library (up to 24 megapixels) so you can create professional HDRs on the go.
• State-of-the-art image registration and blending. We precisely correct for translation and rotation between images, giving you the sharpest possible images. And of course, our images are saved at full resolution.
• Rear and front camera support (real HDR selfies… yay), self-timer, flash options, digital zoom, cropping, and grid overlay
• Live-updating sliders to perfect your HDR; control HDR strength, brightness, contrast, saturation, warmth, and tint, or let Pro HDR X pick the best settings for you
• Beautiful filters and frames custom written and designed by us
• Text captions so you can add words to your photos (your choice of font and color)
• Geotag (optional) GPS + Compass / EXIF data saved to your camera roll
• Share your HDRs with the world via built-in iOS sharing support
Still alive! This Pro HDR X update brings all-new 64-bit optimized code for increased performance on modern iOS devices, along with native support for for iOS 9, 10, and 11.
Also fixes some bugs, including an incorrectly zoomed camera view upon launch, and extends front camera support to full resolution. Enjoy!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Incredible photos shakey reliability on 6plus
This app is incredible for just a few bucks, nice sharp images, even without he most stable hand and some basic but essential tools for tweaking the final photo.
Problem comes when the app thinks the phone is oriented differently from reality, the three markers for exposure end up as only two because one is off the screen, the app also randomly crashes with certain other apps open it seems like. This app takes some prep time to get a shot but if it crashes or exposures are off because of bugs, users will certainly be disappointed by missed photo ops; especially as a paid app. Hope this gets fixed soon..
A star reborn! (A fallen star)
UPDATE: HDRpro X has finally been updated (June 2017) and the bugs squished. Now back to it's No.1 spot as the best iOS HDR app available. Fast, easy to use, and the most natural processing for beautiful landscape images.
OLD: This used to be the best HDR camera by far. It boasted 3 manual exposure points and, most critically, a fast aggregate exposure time which minimised 'ghosting'. Sadly this app has not been updated in step with the many updates to iOS, and is now riddled with bugs; in short, it has become unusable in it's present form.
So sad - terrible app
The original version was amazing....this is terrible. The original automatically created pictures with beautifully vivid colours.... the resultant pictures looked incredible and needed no additional editing, it balanced light and dark and produced amazing pictures....this version takes terrible pictures, is full of bugs and then has a range of editing functions to try and improve a terrible picture. This is really just a basic editing app, and there are far better options such as Snapseed...this is NOT hdr. Why did you screw with a great app guys!!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.