Sketch, paint, create.
Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
Loved by creative pros and aspiring artists alike, Procreate is the leading creative application made for iPad.
Offering 100s of handmade brushes, a suite of innovative artistic tools, advanced layer system, and the lightning fast Valkyrie graphics engine — Procreate has everything you need to create expressive sketches, rich paintings, gorgeous illustrations and beautiful animations. Work on the couch, the train, the beach, or while waiting in line for coffee. It’s a complete art studio you can take anywhere; packed with these powerful features and more:
- Ultra High Definition canvases - up to 16k by 8k on compatible iPad Pros
- Beautifully intuitive interface made for iPad and Apple Pencil
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature for perfect shapes
- Smooth and responsive smudge sampling
- 3D Painting with Lighting Studio and Animated Export
- Powered by Valkyrie: the fastest 64-bit painting engine for iPad
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts
- Create art in stunning 64-bit color
- Continuous auto-save — never lose work again
• Breakthrough brushes:
- Packed with hundreds of beautifully crafted brushes
- Brush sets to organize your painting, sketching and drawing brushes
- Over 100 customisable settings for every brush
- Add Metallic and Roughness for painting in 3D
- Brush Studio – design your own custom Procreate brushes
- Import and export custom Procreate brushes
- Import Adobe® Photoshop® brushes, and run them faster than Photoshop®
• Full-featured layering system:
- Layer your art for precise control over details and composition
- Create Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organised by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access over 25 layer blend modes for industry grade compositing
• Colour without compromise:
- Fill your line work with ColorDrop and SwatchDrop
- Disc, Classic, Harmony, Value and Palette colour panels
- Import colour profiles for colour matching
- Assign Colour Dynamics to any brush
• The design tools you need:
- Add vector Text to your illustrations
- Easily import all your favorite fonts
- Crop and Resize your canvas for perfect composition
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
- Streamline and stabilisation smooth out strokes for beautiful calligraphy and expert inking
- Use Scribble to name layers, change settings and create text
• Accessibility features:
- Advanced stroke stabilisation
- Dynamic Type, VoiceOver and Feedback Sounds
- Assignable single finger gestures
- Colour naming
• Animation and Page Assist
- Easy frame by frame animation with customisable onion skinning
- Create storyboards, GIFs, animatics and simple animations
- Sketch page-by-page concepts or begin a comic with Page Assist
- Import, edit and share PDFs
• Dramatic finishing effects:
- Brush in image adjustments and effects with Apple Pencil while keeping the ability to fine-tune its effects
- Glitch, Chromatic Aberration, Bloom, Noise and Halftone add new dimensions to your work
- Gaussian, Motion, and Perspective Blur filters create depth and movement
- Powerful image adjustments including Color Balance, Curves, HSB and Gradient Map
- Let the mind-bending powers of Warp, Symmetry, and Liquify Dynamics bring your art to life
• Time-lapse replay
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate’s celebrated Time-lapse Replay
- Export your Time-lapse recording in 4K for high-end video production
- Share a shorter 30-second Time-lapse on your social networks
Share your creations:
- Import or export your art as Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Import Adobe® ASE and ACO Color Palettes
- Import images files such as JPG, PNG and TIFF
- Export your art as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF, web ready JPEG, OBJ, USDZ, and animated GIFs, PNGs, and MP4s
Selamat datang to Malay and Indonesian speakers!
Procreate also welcomes some bug fixes:
• Importing portrait images from iPhone into Reference Companion will no longer stretch
• Fix for flicking across your Gradient Maps or Animation Assist to rapidly scroll
• Support for .jpf and .m4v
• Your default colour palette is always visible when switching between Compact and Cards
If you want to keep drawing on your layer without Drawing Assist, tap the assisted layer twice and tap Drawing Assist from the Layers Options menu to turn it off.
Ratings and Reviews
Procreate lets you generate high-caliber artwork at a blistering pace using a robust layering system, stunning filters, and thousands of importable brushes. Plus, Savage Interactive’s super-intuitive app supports pressure sensitivity and Apple Pencil—as well as iCloud Drive and a seamless video recording of each brushstroke—so sharing your work is incredibly simple.
I have a few annoying problems.
Okay, this is a okay app. I’m glad I didn’t have to pay monthly and the brushes and the layering and stuff like that is good but I don’t really recommend using the animation on this app because a layer counts as a frame so it’s really hard to do the animations. I always start with a sketch, then add a layer and do the lineart but in animation, I can’t do that so I really struggle to use it. And also, I wanted to animate a dog walking, so I decided to import my video of my dog walking so I could use it as a reference to help me with this animation. It was a one second video so I thought it would be alright and import perfectly fine. Well, it did import and show a tick which means it did do it, and then it put me on the canvas with the video but you could only see the video for a split second and then it disappears. Why does it do that? I edited the video to make it one second because I thought it may be to long so I made it short! All that time wasted. And two days ago I managed to get a video on perfectly fine but now I can’t a video of my dog in! Why? Please, please fix this! It’s driving me around the bend and it’s stupid. Fix this. Apart from that, good app I recommend it if you want to draw (not animate but it could work for some people but I struggle with it) but yeah it’s worth the price do get it apart from those few things
Developer Response ,
When creating a new custom canvas, you'll see your Maximum Layer limit when you input your canvas dimensions. You can also access this by swiping left on any custom canvas in the Create menu and tapping Edit. In regards to not importing your video, we have a bug at the moment that is stopping MP4 and GIF imports into Procreate. We are working on a fix for this in an upcoming patch. If you are experiencing other issues, please contact us via support.procreate.art and we will get back to you ASAP.
I really enjoy this app, it’s one of the best drawing programs I’ve used.
However I recently started to dabble with the animation feature and I have to say it’s lacking a fair bit and could really do with an overhaul, I’m not a pro animator so I can’t say all that needs improving but one of the biggest things for me that stops it from being great is the layers; having to create folders for each frame so I can do cleans and whatnot is a nightmare and seriously hinders the workflow trying to edit frames, it would be great if it did it automatically and showed multiple layers in folders on the timeline as multiple lines. Another thing would be that there’s no independent onion skins; not being able to set the amount of skins independently for forward and back gets a bit annoying and messy. One more thing, the presets… Come on, who animates at 15 fps? Heathens that’s who, 12 and 24 are the standards, you’re setting up some new animators that aren’t aware with a real bad habit.
Anyway, I don’t think it would take much tinkering with the animation feature for procreate to beat 90% of the other animation apps available and I think it’d definitely be worth it since right now trying to do anything more than a simple 10 second animation is like pulling teeth and it has the potential to be so much better.
Developer Response ,
Hey AweyMikibish - thank you very much for the review, and for the feedback regarding animation and how we could potentially improve it! It's always important for us to know how we could do better. 🤠
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 583.4 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iPadOS 15.4.1 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Savage Interactive
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.