Loved by creative professionals and aspiring artists alike, Procreate is the leading creative application made for iPad.
Offering hundreds of handmade brushes, a suite of innovative artistic tools, an advanced layer system, and the lightning fast Valkyrie graphics engine, Procreate gives you everything you need to create expressive sketches, rich paintings, gorgeous illustrations and beautiful animations. Work on the couch, on the train, at the beach, or while waiting in line for coffee. It's a complete art studio you can take anywhere; packed with these powerful features and more:
- Ultra High Definition canvases - up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pros
- Beautifully intuitive interface made for iPad and Apple Pencil
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature for perfect shapes
- Smooth and responsive smudge sampling
- Powered by Valkyrie: the fastest 64-bit painting engine for iPad
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Create art in stunning 64-bit colour
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save - never lose work again
• Breakthrough brushes:
- Packed with hundreds of beautifully crafted brushes
- Brush sets keep your painting, sketching and drawing brushes organised
- Over 100 customisable settings for every brush
- Brush Studio – design your own custom Procreate brushes
- Import and export custom Procreate brushes
- Import Adobe® Photoshop® brushes, and run them faster than Photoshop®
• Full-featured layering system:
- Layer your art for precise control over details and composition
- Create Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organised by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access over 25 layer blend modes for industry grade compositing
• Colour without compromise:
- Fill your line work with colour and do it fast with ColorDrop
- Disc, Classic, Harmony, Value and Palette colour panels
- Import colour profiles for colour matching
- Assign Colour Dynamics to any brush
• The design tools you need:
- Add vector Text to your illustrations
- Easily import all your favourite fonts
- Crop and Resize your canvas for the perfect composition
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
- Streamline smooths out your strokes for beautiful lettering and expert inking
• Animation Assist
- Easy frame by frame animation with automatic onion skinning
- Create storyboards, GIFs, animatics and simple animations
- Export your animations in full resolution
• Dramatic finishing effects:
- Gaussian and Motion Blur filters that won’t slow you down
- Add Noise to your canvas, or Sharpen your image for perfect clarity
- Adjust Hue, Saturation, or Brightness in real-time
- Powerful image adjustments including Colour Balance, Curves. HSB, and Recolour
- Let the mind-bending powers of Warp, Symmetry, and Liquify Dynamics bring your art to life
• Time-lapse replay
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate's celebrated Time-lapse Replay
- Export your Time-lapse recording in 4K for high-end video production
- Share a thirty-second version of your Time-lapse recording with your social networks
Share your creations:
- Import or export your art as Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files - Import images files such as JPG, PNG and TIFF
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Export your art as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF, web ready JPEG, and animated GIFs, PNGs, and MP4s
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, palettes, and fonts between applications
Now that Procreate 5 has been born and is out in the wild, it's time to deliver the afterbirth of life-giving bug fixes and improvements.
* The annoying snap while using colours is no more
* Importing CMYK PSDs with transparency got a whole lot more transparent
* Rotating and inverting grains now works for Texturised grains as well
* If you had backed up your swatches from Procreate 4 and tried to reimport them you received squat
* Have no fear moving from Brush Studio straight to Gallery. The bug has been vanquished
* Background colour is now cool with you jumping back to Gallery
* Combine modes should remain same for primary and secondary brush (was showing normal and not updating for secondary)
* Straya and Blighty localisations got some attention
* Full screen wasn't particularly full screen with the painting toolbar hanging around, and also wouldn't return automatically. lol.
* Back by popular demand, larger iPads now display all Liquify options and settings
* Copying and Pasting while the Colour Companion is open no longer harms your ability to Transform
* Just because you reset your custom brush didn't necessarily mean you wanted to remove all your author information
* Smudging with symmetry now smudges with symmetry
* Custom brushes in the QuickMenu were replaced with Round Brush if you reset them
* Fixed a crash when setting a Background Colour
* Gallery Preview got a good kick in the nappy to make it go faster
* For pixel art people, we've fixed 1px brushes so that they paint at 1px
* Lots of little ABR support improvements
* Some lovely improvements to stroke end taper
* Brush spacing is now the same as it was in Procreate 4
We haven't cut the umbilical cord on Procreate 5 just yet. Still a few more little surprises and bug fixes to come.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Procreate lets you generate high-caliber artwork at a blistering pace using a robust layering system, stunning filters, and thousands of importable brushes. Plus, Savage Interactive’s super-intuitive app supports pressure sensitivity and Apple Pencil—as well as iCloud Drive and a seamless video recording of each brushstroke—so sharing your work is incredibly simple.
Great app only a few requests!
Really fantastic app I have come from a laptop + drawing tablet and feel so much more free to do what I want with the ipad and Procreate. Doing mainly architecture drawings I feel like the perspective tool is fantastic and a great help for shading, and the range of brushes let me do most things I require.
Little pains with the program have been the ability to import photoshop brushes I have a few nice promarker brushes I can’t import( not sure if I’ve just not researched enough to get it to work though) and a mass colour select ( just like select colour range in photoshop), but the selections are good just a little slower. Honing on the selections I still haven’t found a way to mass fill a selection in an already coloured mask to add to the mask quickly. Really small issues to be honest but if they were fixed it would be a perfect app to render with. If I’m being really cheeky some vector brushes would be fantastic but one can always dream.
Fantastic works 9/10 am still unsure if I’m just not using the app properly and need to do more research to find all the tools I need.
The reason I bought an iPad.
I’ve been using Procreate for years and it keeps getting better and better with each iteration. The price has remained incredibly reasonable over this time and it’s brilliant that the developers have kept it as a single purchase price. The temptation to go to a subscription model, both financially and by Apple must be great. What you get for, currently (2019) £10, is incredible. I’ll not go into detail about the range of creative possibilities but they are wide and the apps functionality is largely well thought through and user friendly, as it’s designed for the iPad and not an evolution of a desktop app. There are rarely issues with bugs and the team really do a great job of sorting issues out as quickly as they can. There is a great community around the app as well and much support for the developers. Basically, this app, for creative designers, illustrators, and painters (and more recently, animators) is a reason to buy the iPad, (even the more affordable models), and Apple are very lucky to have it on their platform.
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 320.1 MB
Requires iOS 13.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Savage Interactive
- In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.