Loved by creative professionals and aspiring artists alike, Procreate is the leading creative application made for iPad.
Offering hundreds of handmade brushes, a suite of innovative artistic tools, an advanced layer system, and the lightning fast Valkyrie graphics engine, Procreate gives you everything you need to create expressive sketches, rich paintings, gorgeous illustrations and beautiful animations. Work on the couch, on the train, at the beach, or while waiting in line for coffee. It's a complete art studio you can take anywhere; packed with these powerful features and more:
- Ultra High Definition canvases - up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pros
- Beautifully intuitive interface made for iPad and Apple Pencil
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature for perfect shapes
- Smooth and responsive smudge sampling
- Powered by Valkyrie: the fastest 64-bit painting engine for iPad
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Create art in stunning 64-bit colour
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save - never lose work again
• Breakthrough brushes:
- Packed with hundreds of beautifully crafted brushes
- Brush sets keep your painting, sketching and drawing brushes organised
- Over 100 customisable settings for every brush
- Brush Studio – design your own custom Procreate brushes
- Import and export custom Procreate brushes
- Import Adobe® Photoshop® brushes, and run them faster than Photoshop®
• Full-featured layering system:
- Layer your art for precise control over details and composition
- Create Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organised by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access over 25 layer blend modes for industry grade compositing
• Colour without compromise:
- Fill your line work with colour and do it fast with ColorDrop
- Disc, Classic, Harmony, Value and Palette colour panels
- Import colour profiles for colour matching
- Assign Colour Dynamics to any brush
• The design tools you need:
- Add vector Text to your illustrations
- Easily import all your favourite fonts
- Crop and Resize your canvas for the perfect composition
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
- Streamline smooths out your strokes for beautiful lettering and expert inking
• Animation Assist
- Easy frame by frame animation with automatic onion skinning
- Create storyboards, GIFs, animatics and simple animations
- Export your animations in full resolution
• Dramatic finishing effects:
- Gaussian and Motion Blur filters that won’t slow you down
- Add Noise to your canvas, or Sharpen your image for perfect clarity
- Adjust Hue, Saturation, or Brightness in real-time
- Powerful image adjustments including Colour Balance, Curves. HSB, and Recolour
- Let the mind-bending powers of Warp, Symmetry, and Liquify Dynamics bring your art to life
• Time-lapse replay
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate's celebrated Time-lapse Replay
- Export your Time-lapse recording in 4K for high-end video production
- Share a thirty-second version of your Time-lapse recording with your social networks
Share your creations:
- Import or export your art as Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files - Import images files such as JPG, PNG and TIFF
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Export your art as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF, web ready JPEG, and animated GIFs, PNGs, and MP4s
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, palettes, and fonts between applications
This update comes in peace and brings you gifts of technology.
* Fixed hiding an animation frame which caused a jump back to the first frame
* Improved colour accuracy and precision for your limited human visual capability
* Little green men would eject during gentle smudge stroking.
* Smudge was not sampling correctly for QuickShapes while using symmetry
* Probing for the Orange Peel brush source ended in an uncomfortable crashing sensation
* The unidentified flying Color Companion has been destroyed.
* We have learned your languages for improved abductions.
We have successfully invaded your iPad and infested your world with fixes and improvements. Goodbye.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Procreate lets you generate high-caliber artwork at a blistering pace using a robust layering system, stunning filters, and thousands of importable brushes. Plus, Savage Interactive’s super-intuitive app supports pressure sensitivity and Apple Pencil—as well as iCloud Drive and a seamless video recording of each brushstroke—so sharing your work is incredibly simple.
Great app only a few requests!
Really fantastic app I have come from a laptop + drawing tablet and feel so much more free to do what I want with the ipad and Procreate. Doing mainly architecture drawings I feel like the perspective tool is fantastic and a great help for shading, and the range of brushes let me do most things I require.
Little pains with the program have been the ability to import photoshop brushes I have a few nice promarker brushes I can’t import( not sure if I’ve just not researched enough to get it to work though) and a mass colour select ( just like select colour range in photoshop), but the selections are good just a little slower. Honing on the selections I still haven’t found a way to mass fill a selection in an already coloured mask to add to the mask quickly. Really small issues to be honest but if they were fixed it would be a perfect app to render with. If I’m being really cheeky some vector brushes would be fantastic but one can always dream.
Fantastic works 9/10 am still unsure if I’m just not using the app properly and need to do more research to find all the tools I need.
I don’t normally write these but since it’s procreate, I’d say it’s worth my time. Procreate is by far the best and easiest drawing app ever. Well let’s be honest, at first I didn’t really think about how to actually use it...I just drew lol that was also when I thought my drawings looked OK but now when I look back I realize how weak they looked without the layers and other features I didn’t know then, in fact layers are like the key thing in procreate, drawing becomes so much easier if you use layers. Over time I’ve learnt how to use other useful tools like the select tool and a few others— now that I’ve mastered those features procreate feels good to draw with! (Well I’ve always thought that) I’m so used to procreate that I even try to draw with procreate features in paper without thinking😂
So like I said it’s a really fun and easy app to use once you get used to it....I mean even the animation tool is there! For me drawing is way easier and better looking in procreate than paper...not to mention the price is also very cheap for an excellent app like procreate ... only $10!
I would highly recommend this app if you wanna do digital art, procreate is the reason why I wanted an iPad after all! ヽ(^o^)
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 320 MB
Requires iOS 13.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Savage Interactive
- In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.