Loved by creative professionals and aspiring artists alike, Procreate is the leading creative application made for iPad.
Offering hundreds of handmade brushes, a suite of innovative artistic tools, an advanced layer system, and the lightning fast Valkyrie graphics engine, Procreate gives you everything you need to create expressive sketches, rich paintings, gorgeous illustrations and beautiful animations. Work on the couch, on the train, at the beach, or while waiting in line for coffee. It's a complete art studio you can take anywhere; packed with these powerful features and more:
- Ultra High Definition canvases - up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pros
- Beautifully intuitive interface made for iPad and Apple Pencil
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature for perfect shapes
- Smooth and responsive smudge sampling
- Powered by Valkyrie: the fastest 64-bit painting engine for iPad
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Create art in stunning 64-bit colour
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save - never lose work again
• Breakthrough brushes:
- Packed with hundreds of beautifully crafted brushes
- Brush sets keep your painting, sketching and drawing brushes organised
- Over 100 customizable settings for every brush
- Brush Studio – design your own custom Procreate brushes
- Import and export custom Procreate brushes
- Import Adobe® Photoshop® brushes, and run them faster than Photoshop®
• Full-featured layering system:
- Layer your art for precise control over details and composition
- Create Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organised by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access over 25 layer blend modes for industry grade compositing
• Colour without compromise:
- Fill your line work with ColorDrop and SwatchDrop
- Disc, Classic, Harmony, Value and Palette colour panels
- Import colour profiles for colour matching
- Assign Colour Dynamics to any brush
• The design tools you need:
- Add vector Text to your illustrations
- Easily import all your favourite fonts
- Crop and Resize your canvas for the perfect composition
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
- Streamline smooths out your strokes for beautiful lettering and expert inking
- Use Scribble to name layers, change settings and create text
• Animation Assist
- Easy frame by frame animation with automatic onion skinning
- Create storyboards, GIFs, animatics and simple animations
• Dramatic finishing effects:
- Brush in image adjustments and effects with your Apple Pencil while keeping the ability to fine-tune its effects - Glitch, Chromatic Aberration, Bloom, Noise and Halftone add new dimensions to your work
- Gaussian, Motion, and Perspective Blur filters create depth and movement
- Powerful image adjustments including Colour Balance, Curves, HSB and Gradient Map
- Let the mind-bending powers of Warp, Symmetry, and Liquify Dynamics bring your art to life
• Time-lapse replay
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate's celebrated Time-lapse Replay
- Export your Time-lapse recording in 4K for high-end video production
- Share a thirty-second version of your Time-lapse recording with your social networks
Share your creations:
- Import or export your art as Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files - Import Adobe® ASE and ACO Colour Palettes
- Import images files such as JPG, PNG and TIFF
- Export your art as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF, web ready JPEG, and animated GIFs, PNGs, and MP4s
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, palettes, and fonts between applications
- You can now change colour profiles after you have created your Canvas.
- You can now add Layer and Pencil Filters to QuickMenu.
- New and improved Recolour. Begin by ColorDropping and then tap Continue Filling with Recolour in the Notification bar and away you go!
- Full Keyboard Access won't cause Toolbars to become unresponsive.
- Hold Duration works again!
- GIFs no longer change background dimensions when exported.
- FacePaint recordings won't silently fail, and you can even record without audio now.
- You can now dismiss your Gradient Map menu without causing the app to freeze.
- QuickMenu won't be invoked by Apple Pencil when set to Touch only.
- Fix for Selection Color Fill locking up after undo.
- You can now SwatchDrop from the Floating Color Companion without rearranging your swatches.
- Performance improvements for Transform on large canvases.
- Transform Fit to Screen behaviour with Magnetics toggled on is fixed.
- Air 2 Selection improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Procreate lets you generate high-caliber artwork at a blistering pace using a robust layering system, stunning filters, and thousands of importable brushes. Plus, Savage Interactive’s super-intuitive app supports pressure sensitivity and Apple Pencil—as well as iCloud Drive and a seamless video recording of each brushstroke—so sharing your work is incredibly simple.
I have a few annoying problems.
Okay, this is a okay app. I’m glad I didn’t have to pay monthly and the brushes and the layering and stuff like that is good but I don’t really recommend using the animation on this app because a layer counts as a frame so it’s really hard to do the animations. I always start with a sketch, then add a layer and do the lineart but in animation, I can’t do that so I really struggle to use it. And also, I wanted to animate a dog walking, so I decided to import my video of my dog walking so I could use it as a reference to help me with this animation. It was a one second video so I thought it would be alright and import perfectly fine. Well, it did import and show a tick which means it did do it, and then it put me on the canvas with the video but you could only see the video for a split second and then it disappears. Why does it do that? I edited the video to make it one second because I thought it may be to long so I made it short! All that time wasted. And two days ago I managed to get a video on perfectly fine but now I can’t a video of my dog in! Why? Please, please fix this! It’s driving me around the bend and it’s stupid. Fix this. Apart from that, good app I recommend it if you want to draw (not animate but it could work for some people but I struggle with it) but yeah it’s worth the price do get it apart from those few things
Developer Response ,
When creating a new custom canvas, you'll see your Maximum Layer limit when you input your canvas dimensions. You can also access this by swiping left on any custom canvas in the Create menu and tapping Edit. In regards to not importing your video, we have a bug at the moment that is stopping MP4 and GIF imports into Procreate. We are working on a fix for this in an upcoming patch. If you are experiencing other issues, please contact us via support.procreate.art and we will get back to you ASAP.
This is a really great app that can give professional results with ease. The only things stopping it from being 5 star is that there are some clunky design choices. If you accidentally merge a hidden layer with a visible one, don’t expect to see it again, that’s right it’s gets deleted! For such a destructive action you’d expect there to be a warning message or simply never allow a hidden layer to be merged or deleted (there is NO scenario when someone would want to do this anyway!) You can hit undo of course BUT.... It’s also too easy to accidentally hit the button that returns you to the gallery view and this wipes any ‘undo’ memory so if you accidentally hit exit after you do something bad like, I don’t know merge with a hidden layer, you will not be able to undo it, so potentially, you can lose months of work in an instant. These two actions are too easy to do and are devastatingly destructive and has caused me lose hours of work, so I really hope this gets fixed soon so I can stop living in fear of accidentally losing months of work. More customisations would help too. Despite all this, I highly recommend.
Developer Response ,
Hi Jammydc - thanks very much for your review, it's great to hear that you enjoy using Procreate! It is expected behaviour that the contents of a hidden layer will be lost if it is merged with a visible layer. However this action can be undone at the time using Two-finger tap to Undo on the canvas.
To safeguard your artworks, we strongly recommend making regular backups of your iPad using either iCloud or iTunes (or Finder when you're working in iOS Catalina), as well as exporting important artworks in the Procreate file format to a cloud service or hard drive. 😊
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 326.1 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iPadOS 13.2 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Savage Interactive
- In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.