PrompterPal turns your iPad and iPhone into a teleprompter or speech assistant! PrompterPal automatically scrolls your speech for you to allow you to engage your audience and not worry about losing your place. Various forms of remote controls are possible as well as an external monitor. Share files between PrompterPal and a computer in several different ways.
Check out PromptRemote, the free remote for PrompterPal.
Easily configure the appearance of the text content to suit your presentation requirements including...
• Font Size
• Text Color
• Background Color
• Head and Tail Indent
• Line Spacing
• Text Style
Prompter features include:
• Import File Types: PrompterPal (.prompterPal), Text (.txt), Rich Text (.rtf), Word (.docx) and HTML
• Export File Types: PrompterPal (.prompterPal), Text (.txt), Rich Text (.rtf) and HTML
• Five Marker Styles: Bar, Marker, Two Line, Inverted, Two Markers
• Scroll Speed: Variable with two speed ranges.
• Display mirroring for using a reflective teleprompter
• Countdown: Two styles
• Bidirectional Timer
• External Monitor Support
• Built-in user manual
• Customizable title bar to give access to the features that are important to your workflow.
• File Sharing
PrompterPal offers a variety of file sharing methods to assist in moving files between devices as well as a computer.
- iTunes File Sharing: Copy files to and from PrompterPal using iTunes.
- Email Files: Email files from PrompterPal and open files from other apps such as Mail.
- iOS File Sharing: Send files directly from one PrompterPal to another.
- Web Server: Host a web page that can be used from any computer to upload and download files.
- Web Server Browser: Use built-in browser to load web page from another web server to download files or the entire database from another PrompterPal.
- AirDrop: Use Apple's AirDrop to send files.
- iCloud: Upload and download files from iCloud Drive.
- Dropbox: Upload and download files from your Dropbox account.
- Google Drive: Upload and download files from your Google Drive account.
- iOS Remote Sharing: Send files and databases between host and peers.
• Remote Control
PrompterPal has a variety different remote options.
- iOS Remote: Use another iOS device running PrompterPal or PromptRemote to control PrompterPal. Synchronize multiple devices.
- Blue Tooth Keyboard: Assign keys of a blue tooth keyboard to control prompter features.
- Touch Tone Remote: Use touch tone signals playing into the microphone line-in to control prompter features.
- Audio Remote: Use the headphone in-line remote or other audio remote to control prompter features.
- AirTurn Remote: Use wireless remotes from www.airturn.com to control prompter features.
- Web Server Remote: Use a web page hosted on the network to control the prompter features.
- Apple Watch: Use the Apple Watch to remotely control prompter functions.
- Bluetooth MIDI: Use IK Multimedia's iRig Blueboard to control prompter functions.
- Game Controller: Use MFi game controllers to control prompter functions.
- Touch Recording: Record and playback your interactions with the prompter.
- Speech Recognition: Use your speech to control the script using key words or the text content of the script.
- Key Commands: Configure key combinations to control prompter features. This feature is enabled at all times.
- Use either camera.
- Movable video preview overlaying the script.
- Share your video in a variety of ways.
• Monitor Out
Use an external monitor connected to the dock connector or AppleTV to display the prompter content.
- Choose output resolution from supported resolutions.
- Configure output to match device, or device to match output.
- Adjust transform and mirroring for external display independently of device.
- Works great with AppleTV and AirPlay.
PrompterPal is perfect for public speakers, public broadcasting and electronic news gathering, school and business presentations and more!
Updated AirTurn framework.
Updated Google Drive framework.
Fixed issues with Word file importing.
Added support for easily configuring TeleprompterPAD remote graphically.
Added improved version of touch tone decoder that will work with iOS15.
Ratings and Reviews
this app is pretty useful. I use it as a lyrics prompter, mostly in the rehearsal room. I particularly like the ability to swipe to the desired part with your finger (which strangely is not possible with most of the other prompter apps I have tried) and grouping songs together, though it falls short of a proper support for 'sets', lacking ways to control the running order per se.
Sadly, apart from this shortcoming, there are a few additional niggles that makes its use less than stellar in a pressured environment such as a live gig... why should jumping from one script to the next require access to the prompter and be seemingly impossible to perform from an ipod remote I will never know - it seems ill thought, that's the purpose of a remote isn't it?
There is also an issue with the scrolling text on the remote (only tested with an ipod however), in that the text can become out of sync with the prompter. Worst, this can lead to the latter part of the script unreachable using the remote, even using the prompter until the remote is disconnected, not good.
Overall it is reasonably priced, and until I discover an app better suited to my needs, I consider it a worthy investment. I hope that some of the aspects raised above will be addressed in due time though. In the meantime, the search for the ultimate prompter continues for me...
Can’t use on iPad if bought on iPhone
Bought on my iPhone to use on my iPad, but doesn’t allow me to download on my iPad without purchasing again. Very poor. Requesting a refund from Apple.
Should be a good product except it will only load .txt files and it doesn't display apostrophes correctly. Very annoying as there is no way to edit the file.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sunshine Valley Systems
- 137.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Sunshine Valley Systems 2010
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.