Puffin Browser Pro will retire in 2022 by counting down the price at $1 per quarter starting on 2022-01-01. When the price reaches $0 on 2023-01-01, the app is retired.
DISCLAIMER: Puffin Cloud Browser is NOT a web browser.
Puffin Cloud Browser is the client app that accesses the cloud server which runs the web browser. The Puffin client app and the Puffin cloud server do not communicate in HTTP protocol and the data exchange is not in HTML format. The Puffin client app is like the remote desktop client and the Puffin cloud server is like the remote desktop server. Puffin Cloud Browser gives the audience the illusion of a web browser but it is not, in reality, a web browser. Puffin Cloud Browser can only "display" the web content rendered on the cloud servers but can't "render" the web content itself on the client devices.
==== Differentiating Features ====
* Browser Isolation
* Cloud Acceleration
* Data Saving
* Download to Cloud
* Flash Game
* Full Desktop Mode
* Internet Access Protection
* Virtual Gamepad/Mouse/Trackpad
==== Important Limitations ====
* Only works on websites that are publicly accessible from the US
-- Does not work for private IP, corporate Intranet, and geo-restricted websites
* Only works in countries that are not excessive in censorship
-- Does not work in China, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and
United Arab Emirates
* For some websites, Puffin server IP blocks need to be white-listed
-- Puffin can bring an excessive load to some websites
More info at Puffin FAQ https://help.puffin.com/faq
1. Fix some crash issues.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent browser, but suddenly no service?
I've used this browser for a while and every few days or so, the server seems to go down for no apparent reason. I have tried to "reconnect to server" but nothing happens. This needs to be fixed as a lot of customers and I also have purchased this app in good spirits. Sort it out! Keep the server running 24/7
I love this but it’s not the best.
I used to use this app when it was free because of the mouse it is more convenient than just clicking the screen. But everytime i try to use the app it crashes and force quits i didn’t pay £4.99 for an app to crash and force quit. I’ll still give it a 5 start rating because it’s brilliant when it works but for the past week or so it’s been crashing and force quitting for what ever reason.
I have used this app for a long time and have found it really good, sadly it stopped working yesterday and I keep getting the same error saying "no network". I was able to connect via mobile data but that didn't last long and to be honest I want to use it via my home network. Please can you get this fixed ASAP as I want to continue using this app.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CloudMosa, Inc.
- 89.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, Bengali, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Unrestricted Web Access Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © 2020 CloudMosa Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.