View weather conditions in your neighborhood, or even right in your own backyard!
Weather readings and charts are displayed for stations in the Weather Underground personal weather station network, which encompasses over a quarter million weather stations around the world.
Quickly find stations near your current location, or search locations around the world and store them in your Favorites for easy viewing.
Current and high/low weather data for temperature, dewpoint, barometric pressure, humidity, wind, rain, solar radiation, and UV Index are visible for multiple stations. Charts of the day's weather data are also presented.
* Temperature: Current, High/Low
* Wind Chill
* Heat Index ("Feels Like" temperature)
* Dewpoint: Current, High/Low
* Humidity: Current, High/Low
* Wind Speed: Direction, Current, High
* Wind Gust: Current, High
* Pressure: Current, High/Low
* Rain: Today's Total, Last Hour
* Solar Radiation: Current, High
* UV Index: Current, High
Charts of the current day's data:
* Dew Point
* Barometric Pressure
* Wind Speed
* Wind Gust
* Wind Direction
* Rainfall Rate and Cumulative
* Solar Radiation
* UV Index
* Fixed wind values not correctly being converted to the selected units.
* The list of favorite stations should no longer have overlapping text if you have your device text size increased.
* Some of you have reported the app crashing right off the bat. I'm still not 100% sure of the cause, but it seems to be happening mostly with users in the UK. I put in some additional error trapping that may help, but that may just change it from crashing to showing no data. Let me know what you experience.
Very little work has been done in the app for the last several months because I didn't know if the app would be able to survive past the end of the year. IBM (owners of Weather Underground) announced several months ago that the old data API was being shut down in favor of a new one. It wasn't until very late in the year before I knew if the new API would still have the data I needed and if I would be able to afford it. This is also why I put on hold the work I was doing to add an option to remove the ad banner. I did not want to take money from users only to have the app completely shut down a few months later.
Fortunately I was able to work things out with IBM for the new API so now the app lives on and I can resume work on it. I have an ever increasing wish list (yes, including the ability to remove the ad banner) that I can now work on without worry that the app will shut down soon.
* The new API should fix the recent problem with the "Last Updated" time sometimes being minutes or hours old.
* However it's not perfect and I have already reported a few bugs. The biggest of which is that temperature and dew point values do not have any decimal place values. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.
Ratings and Reviews
I think this great
This is an excellent app with really nice graphical detail of daily weather info. It’s great to be able to check my own weather station at anytime, from anywhere as well as some others around the world. One suggestion, definitely not a criticism - could it display the data for the previous 24 hours rather than the calendar day?
Good but could better
A good app but as a few have mentioned could be doing with an update. The interface is direct and to the point and looks really well with the graphs underneath but I would pay 69p or whatever to get rid of the ad banner to start with. Needs a more obvious refresh option too as I sometimes have to shut the app down and restart for latest data. Perhaps more options with regards to saving or screenshots of the info as I find saving the screen data really good for then sending live conditions to friends. Let's have an update hey! Many thanks.
Fairly easy to set up, a good app to view your weather station details on.
We gave up with the app that was recommended called Wunder Station, as it was just a blank screen. It must have worked at some time as reviews were good. Anyway this app works faultlessly. Would like to remove the ads so hope this option comes soon at a reasonable price.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.