Challenging and thoroughly addictive! Now you can play the original award winning board game Qwirkle on your iPad and iPhone!
Qwirkle is MindWare's best-selling board game, with over two million copies sold worldwide. Through the years, Qwirkle has received numerous awards including Mensa, Parents' Choice, Major Fun and the Spiel des Jahres, Germany's coveted game of the year award.
- Solo, Online, and Pass and Play modes all support up to 4 players.
- 4 levels of difficulty, from easy to expert.
- Includes Achievements and Leaderboards through Game Center.
- Customize your experience - choose your favorite background to play on.
- Play with classic Qwirkle colors or personalize your tiles with custom colors.
- Exciting animations and playful music enhance the Qwirkle experience!
- Tutorial and Help sections get you playing fast and easy!
WHO WILL YOU PLAY?
- Play solo against 4 levels of robot, from easy to expert.
- For family game night, use Pass and Play mode to play together on a single device.
- Challenge your friends to play online through Game Center.
- Find new online opponents through auto-match in Game Center.
Find out more about Qwirkle on the MindWare website:
Want to share your thoughts on the digital version of Qwirkle directly with the developers? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your comments! We'd love to have your input about what you like and ideas for improvements. We look forward to your feedback!
- Added support for iOS 10 and above.
- You can now play Qwirkle on your iPhone X.
- Adjusted the Average AI based on player feedback.
- Numerous bug fixes, tweaks and improvements.
*Optimal gameplay is achieved using devices with iOS 10.3 or higher.
Ratings and Reviews
We love the board game and this app is a very good simulation. Good levels of difficulty. Quite hard to beat on expert level especially if tiles don’t fall lucky for you. Have not played more than two player yet but have played online without any real problems including with family members over wi-fi in same home, wi-fi with players in two different locations and also using mobile data. Takes a bit of fiddling about to set up via Game Center and need to take care to choose the right online game if more than one is shown open. To play with family/friends must choose and set up as friends (not just choose online game) and invite family member/friend to play. Also obviously if want use mobile data must ensure mobile data is switched on: on the device, for the app and for Game Center. Sept 2018. iOS 12 on iPad mini, iPhone 7 and iPhone X.
Regarding the reviewer comment about not being able to “roll” the tiles, that is a different version of the board game called Quirkle Cubes. We prefer that version of the board game and it would be great if this app could be expanded to include the “cubes” version of the game or if Quirkle Cubes could be developed as a separate app.
Great game, but missing statistics.
It's a great game and very addictive, but for me it's lacking statistics.
It'll be great if I can view the amount of games I've played on each level; how many games I've won and lost. My best score of Qwirkles in a game and the overall amount. My best score from a game and what my best score from a single turn was.
I feel that if there was an option to view these statistics then this would improve this app. You would also be able to compare them with friends and see who is the better player.
Good, but needs update
This is an adequate rendition of a favourite board game. The actual game play is good too.
However, the user interface for the managing current games definitely needs attention. Inviting new players is really difficult, often games do not show up on launch because the GameCentre linking is very slow. No clear indication which games are waiting for you to move and the interface on the iPhone is even worse.
Please make some improvements and don’t let this great game down.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.