With the new Radio X App powered by Global Player we've made it easier than ever to Get Into The Music.
- Listen to Radio X in HD quality, live and on the move.
- Check the playlist for music info and show schedules to see what's coming up next.
- Take control - My Radio X, a world-first that allows you to skip songs on live radio - it's radio you control.*
- Catch up / listen again to all your favourite shows whenever you like.
- Download and listen to shows offline, perfect for listening while you're travelling.
- Subscribe to your favourite shows to automatically download them each day.
- Get the latest artist news and features.
With the Radio X app you can also enjoy all of Global's other stations: Capital, Capital XTRA, Heart, LBC, Gold, Classic FM and Smooth.
So, whatever you're into - the latest hits, classic tracks, music for chilling out or even topical debate - Global's got you covered. And best of all, it's completely free and available worldwide. With Global Player, you can:
- Hear the best shows from the biggest names in radio: Chris Moyles, Johnny Vaughan, Roman Kemp, Nick Ferrari, Myleene Klass, James O'Brien and many more.
- Listen to all of Global's stations in HD audio.
- Get the latest news, videos and pictures from each of Global's stations with the best guests and most entertaining, informative content.
- Discover and download hundreds of award-winning audio shows in our Podcasts section.
- If you want to relax or exercise, choose Playlists and we'll serve you the best music for your mood. You can also skip tracks in this section*, so now you're in control of what you hear.
*Currently only available in the UK.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Also having issues
I’m also having the stockpiling issue - I subscribe to the Chris Moyles show only, the shows drop in and are deleted after a week as advertised, but after a couple of months the app is taking up 2GB.
Also I have a problem with listening offline to my downloaded shows. When I’m in flight mode, it only plays continuously if the app is open. If I try and do something else on my phone or lock the screen, it stops after about a minute and the app closes.
Two very annoying issues in an otherwise good app
Good but not great
There’s usually a problem when you pause a pre-recorded show and then try to go back into the app and play it again, it will say error and you have to close it and start again.
For some reason it seems to stockpile recorded shows in the background, I had 7 shows downloaded which are circa 70mb each but the data the app takes up was at over 4GB! Have to delete the app and it’s data to start over.
The opening advert does get in the way of operating the app.
It is fine in the morning when I am listening to the live radio. But in the evening, I listen to the breakfast show downloaded whilst on the tube. I leave work, open the app select the one from that morning which has downloaded. My phone switches from the WiFi to data, crashes the app and then goes to live radio. Then 30 seconds later, the whole app crashes and I have to re load. This happens when I pick up WiFi at tube stations too! It is now a routine every time I leave work, crashes at pretty much the same places.
Why is it happening when I am listening to shows I have downloaded?!?
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.