With the new Radio X App powered by Global Player we've made it easier than ever to Get Into The Music.
- Listen to Radio X in HD quality, live and on the move.
- Check the playlist for music info and show schedules to see what's coming up next.
- Take control - My Radio X, a world-first that allows you to skip songs on live radio - it's radio you control.*
- Catch up / listen again to all your favourite shows whenever you like.
- Download and listen to shows offline, perfect for listening while you're travelling.
- Subscribe to your favourite shows to automatically download them each day.
- Get the latest artist news and features.
With the Radio X app you can also enjoy all of Global's other stations: Capital, Capital XTRA, Heart, LBC, Gold, Classic FM and Smooth.
So, whatever you're into - the latest hits, classic tracks, music for chilling out or even topical debate - Global's got you covered. And best of all, it's completely free and available worldwide. With Global Player, you can:
- Hear the best shows from the biggest names in radio: Chris Moyles, Johnny Vaughan, Roman Kemp, Nick Ferrari, Myleene Klass, James O'Brien and many more.
- Listen to all of Global's stations in HD audio.
- Get the latest news, videos and pictures from each of Global's stations with the best guests and most entertaining, informative content.
- Discover and download hundreds of award-winning audio shows in our Podcasts section.
- If you want to relax or exercise, choose Playlists and we'll serve you the best music for your mood. You can also skip tracks in this section*, so now you're in control of what you hear.
*Currently only available in the UK.
The next podcast episode will now automatically play.
Ratings and Reviews
Also having issues
I’m also having the stockpiling issue - I subscribe to the Chris Moyles show only, the shows drop in and are deleted after a week as advertised, but after a couple of months the app is taking up 2GB.
Also I have a problem with listening offline to my downloaded shows. When I’m in flight mode, it only plays continuously if the app is open. If I try and do something else on my phone or lock the screen, it stops after about a minute and the app closes.
Two very annoying issues in an otherwise good app
Something as simple as radio made as frustrating as possible.
What it should be:
A one press launch for radio X radio station, no fuss
What it actually is:
An overly complicated and long winded app,
Before you even get to listen to a radio station, including radio x, you have to sign up, a long list of t&c to go through just to listen to a radio station, if you haven’t deleted the app already and you decide to humour this unnecessary inconvenience you are then presented with video adverts (making this app no longer any use in the car) before you finally have the option to play the one radio station you downloaded the app for.
As radio x is the only station I listen to, originally for Chris moyles show, now I I listen to Johnny and Toby too. The station is fantastic so I wanted to support the app and put up with the niggles, but this new intrusive sign up system is
The final straw.
The age old tune in radio app hasn’t gone down the pan and it automatically remembers the last (only station I listen too) I haven’t used it in over a year, it fired up and instantly started playing radio x, no advert, no sign up , no video, no fuss at all.
I wanted to support the station by using its dedicated app but the developers have made this so undesirable that I am now dropping it.
It is fine in the morning when I am listening to the live radio. But in the evening, I listen to the breakfast show downloaded whilst on the tube. I leave work, open the app select the one from that morning which has downloaded. My phone switches from the WiFi to data, crashes the app and then goes to live radio. Then 30 seconds later, the whole app crashes and I have to re load. This happens when I pick up WiFi at tube stations too! It is now a routine every time I leave work, crashes at pretty much the same places.
Why is it happening when I am listening to shows I have downloaded?!?
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Global Media & Entertainment Limited
- 244.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Global Radio