Railbuddy helps commuters claim delay repay in seconds and automatically lets you know how much money you’re owed.
Money and time back in a tap. That’s all you want as a UK rail commuter. And that’s just what you get with Railbuddy.
Featured as a Best New App, Railbuddy brings you the following features in a wonderful and simply designed experience:
1. DELAY REPAY
- Be automatically notified when you’re eligible to claim delay repay and how much money you could claim.
- Autofill helps you complete your claim form in seconds by automatically filling in passenger, ticket, journey and delay details (varies by operator). You’ll need to upgrade to a paid Railbuddy Pro membership after an initial free trial. Please see below for more info.
- Track your journey and see in real-time how much money you’re owed.
2. FREE DELAY ALERTS
- Automatic alerts notify you of delays and cancellations to your train in real-time, including the reason (direct routes only, indirect coming soon).
3. LIVE INFO
- Simple, real-time dashboard using National Rail data
- Estimated and actual platform numbers
- Next trains for your route including direction
- Live estimated arrival time
4. QUICK SETUP
- Download and set up in 60 seconds.
5. RAILBUDDY PRO
Upgrade to Railbuddy Pro for £0.49 a month and enjoy full access to the following features for supported rail operators:
- Delay Repay eligibility alerts
- Automatic claim form filling for supported operators
- Live delay repay estimate - Real-time train delay alerts - Live next trains and platform estimates
Please note that if you choose to purchase a Railbuddy Pro membership, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew, and your account will be charged, unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. This can be done easily by you via your iTunes account at any time by going to the Account Settings. Current price for Railbuddy Pro is £0.49 GBP a month. Finally, please be aware that any unused portion of the Free trial will be forfeited when you purchase a Pro subscription.
Terms & Conditions: https://intercom.help/railbuddy/legal/our-terms-and-conditions
- Improved the design for those with a shiny iPhone X
- Fully implemented Railbuddy Pro
- Added a confirmation pop up when you check in
- Corrected some train times showing incorrectly due to the clock change
- Made behind the scenes performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Just don’t bother
Just don’t bother. Never works when you actually need it to!
30% of the time this is really handy, however, 70% of the time it doesn’t update - it fails to load the trains I’m on. This morning I was on a train that stopped existing halfway through the journey, fyi it was 15 minutes late so I could’ve got compensation. Tonight I’m on a train that so far is delayed by 10 minutes but apparently there is nothing to report.
I even pay for the luxury of this app but it’s starting to become completely useless.
Developer Response ,
Hi Arismell, apologies for the delayed response, very sorry the app isn't performing for you, I will look into this asap for you. If you can contact us through the app and let us know a few more details about your journey I can investigate further and hopefully get the app working 100% of the time. Again apologies for the poor experience.
Needs to get the basics right
I downloaded this app for the delay notifications, which were good when they worked but only worked sporadically.
Now it’s introduced delay repay claiming, which seem to be half-baked as well. Example: the first time I sought to use it, I found I couldn’t “check in” to my cancelled train journey to claim, because the train was cancelled.
Refunds on delayrepay are based on the time difference from the train you could have caught to your arrival time at destination. Sometimes/often, the train you could have caught is cancelled. There is no way in this app to “check in” to a cancelled train, therefore unable to accurately assess delay. Disappointing.
- Railbuddy Limited
- 64.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Railbuddy 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Railbuddy Pro £0.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.