Accurately plots the location of all trains on the UK rail network. Search for times of trains and then see where the train is now. Automatically logs your journeys by detecting when you are travelling on a train.
The tracking of trains across the whole of the UK network and updating everyone's app with up to date locations keeps our servers very busy. For this reason, the app contains a timeout after which the updates will stop and you will need to press a button to start them again.
To increase this timeout and turn on always on screen you need to buy our subscription service. The Raildar subscription service comes with other features such as displaying the "headcode" of trains.
The subscription upgrades your service for a month, or you can pay for 6 months at a cheaper monthly rate. You can try the subscription service for 7 days before you buy, but you must cancel at least 24 hours before the end of the trial to not be charged.
Some points to note:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at the end of the free trial.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and will be charged at the same rate as the previous subscription
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase, accessed via the "Manage" button on the Upgrade page.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
• Subscription fee is non refundable. If the user cancels or stops using the app no refund will be made for unused subscription period.
Full terms and conditions can be found at https://raildar.co.uk/page/terms
- Map zoom, moving you to random locations
- Delayed trains not showing correctly
- Auto complete on search screen not displaying correctly.
- Share train information from train detail page (Email icon)
Ratings and Reviews
Needs further development
A great idea... not yet ready for market... it least not on my iPhone 6+.
Try zooming in on the map and you either quickly end up in the sea or the app crashes. It's very hit and miss to get to the point where you have the map at the resolution where individual trains show up. You have to zoom in really really gently. Then, when you click to identify an individual service, the app crashes again!
I'd like to "Display Current Location on Map" but when taken to the iOS settings to enable this, there's no further option - only Siri & Search and Background App Refresh show up - so I have to manually find my location on the map every time I launch the app.
It seems to me that the map itself has way too much detail - every road, village, local district name, woods etc. Wouldn't it make more sense to make the rail lines and stations much more prominent and maybe lose some of the fine detail?
Really look forward to the day when the app is more robust - it's a great concept.
Great concept but badly executed
This app is an amazing concept good for rail fans but whenever I zoom in on the map it puts me anywhere but that place. Tried tracking a train from the search and went onto the map and o saw nothing, it was just blank. Last time this app was updated was 3 years ago and they said they had fixed this issue. Judging from this they probably won’t fix this. Would not reccomend.
This app is a great concept but it’s badly executed. The app repeatedly crashes. Navigation within the app is generally poor. Zooming in on the map using finger gestures is very bad and often takes you to a different location. Train tracking seems sporadic with freezes. Could be great but in its current form it is Unreliable.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Arc Internet Ltd
- 28.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Arc Internet Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Raildar Monthly Subscription £0.79
- Raildar 6 Month Subscription £3.99