Reading Eggs is the multi-award winning learning programme that helps children learn to read. Based on scientific research and designed by experienced primary teachers, it’s proven to help kids learn to read using interactive reading games, guided reading lessons and over 2,500 digital story books.
Reading Eggs includes British-English spelling and pronunciation, making it an ideal choice for children in the United Kingdom.
The monthly subscription includes full access to:
• Reading Eggs Junior (ages 2–4): Toddlers build pre-reading skills such as phonemic awareness and alphabet knowledge with fun activities, games, videos and read-aloud books.
• Reading Eggs (ages 3-7): Children take their first steps in learning to read, covering phonics, sight words, spelling, vocabulary and comprehension.
• Fast Phonics (ages 5–10): A systematic, synthetic phonics programme to help emergent and struggling readers build key phonics skills.
• Reading Eggspress (ages 7-13): Continues the learning journey by helping children learn to read for meaning and enjoyment.
• Mathseeds (ages 3–9): Develops essential early numeracy skills, covering numbers, measurement, shapes, patterns and more.
• Printable teaching material: Hundreds of printable worksheets reinforce essential skills and concepts covered in the programmes. Homeschoolers have access to detailed curriculum guides for grades K–2, as well as lesson plans, assessment tasks, printable certificates, and real-time progress reports.
ABOUT THE READING EGGS LEARN TO READ APP
TRUSTED: used in over 12,000 schools and trusted by primary educators.
SELF-PACED: children are matched to the perfect level and progress with self-paced, one-on-one lessons.
HIGHLY MOTIVATING: the reward system consists of golden eggs, collectable pets and games, motivating children to keep learning.
RESEARCH-BASED: based on scientific research and the most up-to-date learning principles on the most effective way children learn to read.
COMPREHENSIVE: Reading Eggs is a complete learn to read system for children aged 2–13 and covers the five essential components of reading: phonics, phonemic awareness, vocabulary, fluency and comprehension.
PROVEN RESULTS: our hundreds of testimonials, multiple awards and 91% success rate gives you the confidence in knowing that your child will learn to read using the most effective and results-driven online reading curriculum.
SEE REAL PROGRESS: see instant results in your very own parent dashboard and receive detailed progress reports, which show you exactly where your child is improving and where extra attention is needed.
LEARN TO READ ON THE GO! Your child can learn to read anytime, anywhere on a desktop or tablet device.
Users must log in with their account details to access Reading Eggs.
• Wireless internet connection
• iPad (5th Generation), iPad Air 2, iPad Pro 1st Generation
• iPad Mini 4
• iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE (1st Generation
• iOS 10.0+
• An active trial or subscription
Recommended devices and iOS version:
• Latest iPad, Latest iPad Air, Latest iPad Pro
• Latest iPad Mini
• Latest iPhone
• Latest iOS Version
To get the best experience, go into your iPad settings, select ‘General’ and ensure that ‘Mute’ is selected under ‘Lock Rotation’.
Note: Teacher accounts are currently not supported
For assistance or feedback email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Each subscription provides access to Reading Eggs Junior, Reading Eggs, Fast Phonics, Reading Eggspress, and Mathseeds
• The first month of your subscription is free. After the first month, a monthly cost is charged to your iTunes account
• Subscriptions renew automatically; your iTunes account will be charged unless you cancel at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Cancel anytime in your iTunes Account Settings
Terms and Conditions: http://readingeggs.co.uk/terms/
Let’s pull out the party poppers and farewell the crazy year that’s been – December is officially Celebration Month! Get into the festive spirit with cool new outfits to celebrate the holiday season (did someone say Hawaiian shirt?). Plus, check out the limited-edition house furniture that’ll help keep those holiday vibes around all year round!
We've also made some important enhancements to the way things run behind the scenes, so make sure you update the app for an improved learning experience.
The Reading Eggs Learn to Read app features hundreds of fun reading, spelling and alphabet games, along with phonics activities, word puzzles and over 2,500 e-books for your little Eggsplorer to enjoy! The app includes Reading Eggs Junior (for toddlers and preschoolers), Fast Phonics (covers key phonics skills in depth), Reading Eggspress (covers spelling and comprehension) and Mathseeds (for early mathematics skills).
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A really good app
This app has its flaws, which is fine - it’s not superhuman, or created by a superhuman? Despite these, which are only in some of the words offered without deep enough explanation and maybe the method of a ‘magic e’, it’s great for kids who aren’t as purely visual. What I mean is it displays a method of multi-media (whilst being all in one place) so your child can learn in different ways and games. The maths leaves a bit to be desired as the questions require some reading at a level that doesn’t match up with the same age (that could use looking at), but all in all, it’s really benefitted my daughter. She’s not purely visual and needs a varied stimulus to grasp onto things easily. It’s certainly enabled me to move more efficiently and fairly between here and my other three children (all different abilities, ages and curriculums) this lockdown, where my time has been stretched with home schooling. I don’t want to neglect one child to the others detriment.
Her reading is really coming on and it has increased her confidence. We will continue to use it and I may use it with my youngest as and when the time comes if I think it’ll benefit his style of learning too?
My 4yr old loves this after a few weeks of playing it and could happily play on it all day!!
She sees it more as a game rather than actual learning which is all you want, as a parent.. She thinks it’s very fun, funny and engaging.
Initially she was a little annoyed it was so basic because she knew the letters and frustrated by the repetition of doing the games again and again before reaching the next level, but it didn’t last too long & now she’s on level 7 already in a couple of weeks 😊
The only problem that we have sometimes is the sound cutting out, so I then have to help her a little more to know what she needs to do because it doesn’t say what she needs to do. Usually it doesn’t last long after a couple of levels, or reloading the app. But still a mild annoyance. Well worth the price though! It’s really helping her learn to read well and quickly change through books at school which she recently started a month and a half ago. She’s focused on the reading section and we haven’t tried the maths section and my 14month old is a little young to try the younger section, but we’ll soon try them out too!
Developer Response ,
Hello, thanks for leaving a review :) .If you email email@example.com with your account information we can get the sound issue looked at for you.
This is a great, interactive app that really does help little ones learn to read. My son is 3 and has come on so much with his ability to recognise the sounds each letter makes and also blending sounds to make the word. As a primary teacher, he has had help from me however I would say the majority of his learning has come from reading eggs.
The maths seed is also amazing. It has helped consolidate his number and shape recognition and helped him to identify numbers through counting objects and seeing them in different patterns.
A tad expensive at £6.99 pm however will continue to pay until lockdown is over/he goes back to nursery
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Blake eLearning Pty Ltd
- 150.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Blake eLearning
- In-App Purchases
- Reading Eggs £6.99
- Reading Eggs (2nd child) £3.49
- Reading Eggs (3rd child) £3.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.