Get fully editable and searchable text out of your scanned documents and PDFs thanks to Readiris™ for iPad®, the most powerful OCR solution available today on the App Store!
Designed for the iPad’s multi-touch screen, Readiris™ for iPad® lets you select the content you want to convert, reorder your scanned images, choose among many output formats and export the new files into the Cloud so you can use it anywhere, anytime!
► How does it work?
1. Import images from your photo library and clipboard, or import PDF files received from other apps
2. Readiris™ for iPad® automatically recognizes all text, graphics, images and tables in your documents
3. Select the content and pages you want to include in the final document.
All the processing is done on your iPad®! No WIFI or 4G connection needed (except if you want to upload your document into a Cloud storage system).
• Awarded OCR engine for best recognition accuracy
• 120+ recognized languages
• Import images from your photo library and clipboard, or import PDF files received from other apps
• Multiple-page display for easy page reordering
• Single page display for content selection: a color code is used to identify the content type (text, graphics, images, tables). Each zone can be resized, merged, etc.
• Correction of perspective distortion for camera images
• OCR on the fly when copying text zones to the clipboard
• Output formats:
- Multipage PDF: image over text searchable PDF, or PDF with text and graphics
- DOCX with full layout for interactive edition on your iPad®
- DOCX with simplified layout or text-only documents
• File export:
- to « Mail » or other applications
- to the Cloud (Google Drive™, Dropbox™)
- All created documents are also available through the iTunes® application when connecting your iPad® to your computer
► Extended mobile solution for scanning and document processing
Readiris™ for iPad® is fully compatible with I.R.I.S.’ cordless mobile scanners: IRIScan™ Anywhere 5 & IRIScan™ Book 5 (more information on http://www.irislink.com). No power supply or network connection needed: just scan, import the images into your iPad® with the Apple Camera Connection Kit™ and process them using Readiris™ for iPad®.
► Support and improvement suggestions
Any questions or comments? Don't hesitate to contact us via our support website, we’ll do our best to help you. All suggestions for future improvements are also always welcome!
- New text recognition engine for better accuracy
- Text recognition in Asian languages (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
- Fixed Google Drive sign in issue
- Application is smaller thanks to the use of on demand resources
- Compatible with latest iOS version
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Over priced and mediocre OCR
I bought this to both change PDFs into editable documents and convert images to text. Whilst it is great in recognising regions of a document as pictures and text, then reforming these into an editable document. The OCR is somewhat poor when compared to far less cheaper applications on the iPhone such as Abby reader.
This coupled with the in ability to import files from the cloud although it can save in that direction make it very expensive for the feature set offered.
They developer really needs to add the above cloud features and half the price to make it more attractive. The OCR might be award winning but even with either screen caps in the iPad of web pages or jpg exports of PDF pages it failed to impress. To the extent it would be quicker to type the document out manually.
Not good enough
There are better programmes.
Excellent app works well simple to use and worth the money. It simply finds the text and opens it up in what ever program you want, I use mine along with Iris book scan 2 and Apple camera connection kit
This is not just an app you can download by itself and expect to receive results otherwise you would give it poor ratings, if you don't have Iris Book Scan 2 which comes with a portable scanner or even if you don't have the Apple camera connection kit which you can plug your USB or SD card into I would recommend not to purchase
The developer, I.R.I.S. s.a., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- 79.6 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 1987-2017 I.R.I.S. sa
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.