ReadKit is a full-featured read later and RSS client that supports services from Instapaper, Pocket, Pinboard, Feedly, Fever, NewsBlur, Feedbin and Feed Wrangler and has built-in RSS capabilities.
"If you use Feed Wrangler and have been looking for a desktop client, ReadKit is your best option"
"The best reading later app for the Mac now is a top-notch RSS reader, with native sync and support for Fever and NewsBlur"
"ReadKit is well-equipped to meet your newsreading needs"
Cult of Mac:
"It’s my favorite way to use Feedly on the Mac now."
"If you're a news hound and own a Mac, ReadKit is absolutely worth adding to your dock."
Have all your Instapaper, Pocket, Pinboard articles and Feedly, Fever, NewsBlur, Feedbin or Feed Wrangler RSS feeds in one convenient place even when you're offline. ReadKit has a built-in RSS engine too. This is an offline reader without syncing abilities. Subscribe either to RSS or Atom feeds, create and manage folders and import your existing subscriptions via OPML.
Browse and manage your Pinboard bookmarks with ReadKit. In addition, you can download and store the contents of these bookmarks locally.
Choose the layout, formatting and style you prefer for reading, with the ability to move, add, archive and even mark your bookmarks as favorites. The interface is simple providing a straight forward reading experience without making any compromises.
• Feed services: Feedly, Fever, NewsBlur, Feedbin, Feed Wrangler and built-in RSS engine
• Read later services: Instapaper and Pocket
• Bookmark services: Pinboard
• Offline reading
• Customizable interface: font style, face, alignment, height, line spacing and page width
• Smart folders: can be used as unified folders but are more useful for everyone. These special folders act like “Smart playlists” in iTunes updating their contents real-time.
• Change between original and stripped down content with a click (provided by Mercury web parser)
• In-app browser for viewing links and other references
• The browser is capable to save links for offline viewing
• Preference to open links either in ReadKit or in your default browser
• Add, remove, move, archive and mark bookmarks as favorites
• Full support for Pocket and Pinboard tags
• Focus mode: reading without interface elements
• OS X Notification Center support
• Share bookmarks via Twitter, Facebook, Buffer, Email, iMessage or Evernote
• Full support for high resolution Retina displays
• Preference to display unread items in the dock
• Customizable keyboard shortcuts
• Syntax highlighting of code snippets
• OPML import
• Support for the Touch Bar on MacBook Pro
Pinboard, Feedbin and Feed Wrangler users will need to have a premium subscription to use their account with ReadKit or any other 3rd party application.
We would like to hear from you. If you have any questions or concerns regarding to our software, don't hesitate to contact us via email (email@example.com), Twitter (@readkit) or visit our homepage at http://readkitapp.com
- Improved compatibility with macOS Catalina
- Fixed misplacement of article view
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
For those who read a lot and are tired of so many web ads, this is great.
1) As a RSS reader, either a standalone of sync with several services, it is one of the best simply because a) it displays the whole contents of feeds even those that display only snippets; b) displays enclosures like videos and audio.
2) It integrates with Pocket, Instapaper and Readability. Actually, text reads better than on Pocket for Mac.
3) It integrates with Mountain Lion notifications. You will never miss a feed again!
Suggestions for improvement:
a) Export feeds! How on earth is one supposed to do that if one is not using a sync service like Feedbin?
b) Give readers more control over text fonts and styles.
c) Separate unread rss feeds from unread items in Pocket. I want to know if I have unread feeds by looking at the dock, but I do not care how many unread articles I have on Pocket.
Buy it. Now.
Not bad but could be better
If bugs were fixed and the app kept up to date -- does not work as well as it could on Cataline -- then it would get a higher score
Inoreader support please!
I used to use this regularly until I moved to inoreader, and was shocked to see this doesn't support the service. I'm not enjoying using other apps so hope this is updated soon
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.