ReadKit is a full-featured news reader and read later client that supports services from Instapaper, Pocket, Pinboard, Feedly, Fever, NewsBlur, Feedbin and Feed Wrangler and has built-in RSS capabilities.
"If you use Feed Wrangler and have been looking for a desktop client, ReadKit is your best option"
"The best reading later app for the Mac now is a top-notch RSS reader, with native sync and support for Fever and NewsBlur"
"ReadKit is well-equipped to meet your newsreading needs"
Cult of Mac:
"It’s my favorite way to use Feedly on the Mac now."
"If you're a news hound and own a Mac, ReadKit is absolutely worth adding to your dock."
Have all your Instapaper, Pocket, Pinboard articles and Feedly, Fever, NewsBlur, Feedbin or Feed Wrangler RSS feeds in one convenient place even when you're offline. ReadKit has a built-in RSS engine too. This is an offline reader without syncing abilities. Subscribe either to RSS or Atom feeds, create and manage folders and import your existing subscriptions via OPML.
Browse and manage your Pinboard bookmarks with ReadKit. In addition, you can download and store the contents of these bookmarks locally.
Choose the layout, formatting and style you prefer for reading, with the ability to move, add, archive and even mark your bookmarks as favorites. The interface is simple providing a straight forward reading experience without making any compromises.
• Feed services: Feedly, Fever, NewsBlur, Feedbin, Feed Wrangler and built-in RSS engine
• Read later services: Instapaper and Pocket
• Bookmark services: Pinboard
• Offline reading
• Customizable interface: font style, face, alignment, height, line spacing and page width
• Smart folders: can be used as unified folders but are more useful for everyone. These special folders act like “Smart playlists” in iTunes updating their contents real-time.
• Change between original and stripped down content with a click (provided by Mercury web parser)
• In-app browser for viewing links and other references
• The browser is capable to save links for offline viewing
• Preference to open links either in ReadKit or in your default browser
• Add, remove, move, archive and mark bookmarks as favorites
• Full support for Pocket and Pinboard tags
• Focus mode: reading without interface elements
• OS X Notification Center support
• Share bookmarks via Buffer, Email or iMessage
• Full support for high resolution Retina displays
• Preference to display unread items in the dock
• Customizable keyboard shortcuts
• Syntax highlighting of code snippets
• OPML import
• Support for the Touch Bar on MacBook Pro
Pinboard, Feedbin and Feed Wrangler users will need to have a premium subscription to use their account with ReadKit or any other 3rd party application.
We would like to hear from you. If you have any questions or concerns regarding to our software, don't hesitate to contact us via email (email@example.com), Twitter (@readkit) or visit our homepage at http://readkitapp.com
- Minor fixes and improvements
NEW IN 2.7:
- Added support for macOS Big Sur.
- Minor UI fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
asking again to review.......
Great app, would love more active development
Readkit is unique: it allows you to read Pocket articles and Pinboard links as well as RSS feeds. It has a great Reader view. It has Smart Groups. It's really fantastic.
The only downsides are that is is quite sluggish on my (large) collection of Pocket articles, and that it is not really actively developed. There are upgrades to keep it working with the latest OS, but it doesn't feel like the developer wants to take it further. I hope he does – it's the best RSS reader for the Mac.
Not bad but could be better
If bugs were fixed and the app kept up to date -- does not work as well as it could on Cataline -- then it would get a higher score
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Balazs Varkonyi
- 5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Balazs Varkonyi
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.