Recce is a fast, beautiful, and fun way to explore London and everything that is going on in your immediate environment. From great coffee shops and hip bars, to planning the fastest way to get around town, Recce’s unique approach makes every day activities fun and engaging.
• A super-fast, fully interactive and immersive 3D way to discover the most popular and vibrant parts of London.
• Built-in GPS and Compass functionality to quickly locate yourself, and discover the most interesting things in your immediate surroundings.
• Available both on-line and off-line with rich and relevant information.
• Take a quick tour and explore London’s finest landmarks, from the classics such as Tower Bridge, Buckingham Palace & Big Ben to the modern additions such as The Shard, Gherkin, and Olympic Park.
Recce has been replaced by WRLD, install the new WRLD app to get:
• Improved Map coverage, now including Scandinavia, Ireland, Italy & Bangkok
• Build and publish your own 3D maps and content with Map Designer at wrld3d.com
• New, intuitive and simpler User Interface
• Crisper, more legible map labels and information
• Many more map styles supported in Map Designer
• Improved search and extensible, flexible tagging
• Many more Indoor Maps globally
• Improved compass and positioning controls
• Support for Senion and IndoorAtlas Indoor Positioning
• Optimised application startup
• Create your own app! WRLD is Open Source at https://github.com/wrld3d/wrld-example-app/
• Recce is now called WRLD
• Framerate increase to 60fps on high end iOS devices
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Superb, needs to be bigger though!!
I got this after seeing the app in Wired, it's a fantastic idea. It doesn't matter that the building facades aren't 100% accurate, it's got what you need if you're a having a play about. It's fun to use, not clinical and slow like google maps and you can use it off line as well. I would love to see a full 'inside the M25' map of London but I appreciate that would be massive!! More than happy to recommend this :)
Jaw droppingly good
Every now and then an app comes along that makes you go WOW!!
This was one if those apps for me. It is visually beautiful and for visitors to London must give them a unique and pleasing way if navigating the city. Some reviews have complained that some of the buildings aren't accurately rendered - that would be an impossible task and the buildings shown are perfectly good enough for the purpose.
Ignore those that say that street names are not shown. They are. Obviously these people wrote their reviews without fully testing the app.
I am not in London so I cannot vouch for its accuracy but if it works this app has so much potential. The future integration of traffic conditions for example would be a brilliant idea. The traffic at the moment is still cute to watch.
This app has had me exploring London in an entirely different way and I have high hopes for its future development.
I have to give credit to how fun and adorable this 3D map is and there's a lot on it... But it is missing lots of other things! Fair enough it doesn't have all the events and pubs etc. but it could do with having all the overground/overground links on it. I guess the app is still in development but overall I do love it and would highly recommend!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.