Red Onion is a unique browser that lets you access the Internet privately and anonymously. With Red Onion you can bypass corporate, school, public wifi internet filters and access the entire Internet without restrictions with complete security. Not only that with the built downloader you can freely download without ever revealing your true identity or IP address.
Red Onion is a full-fledged Tor-powered browser that offers you a REAL solution, with multiple tabs, customizable start screen, built in ad-blocker, history, bookmarks, and much much more.
- Internet access tunneled over the Tor network
- Websites do not see your real IP address
- Access the entire Internet from behind corporate/ISP/national internet filters and censors
- Auto clean up of cookies on exit
- Reset history/tabs/etc on restart (App Settings > Full Reset or Always Full Reset options for flexibility)
- Access websites on the "dark net" of anonymous .onion web sites, only accessible through Tor
- Multiple tabs, Bookmarks & History
- Supports Do Not Track
- Start screen with the most frequent visited history entry's
- Real-time search in your browsing history, bookmarks and tabs
- Search engine integration in the Address bar
- Share URL's via Twitter, Mail, Google+
- Search in the webpage
- Download files by just tapping the link or "long press" the link to Force Download it
- Simultaneous downloads (App Settings > Concurrent Downloads - default is set to 3 for performance can be changed to max of 5)
- User-Agent spoofing
- Ad-block (for most ad-networks)
- Passcode lock and Touch ID support (NEW!)
- File Manager - Preview Apple supported format right from within the app or "Open in..." others app on your device.
- Multi format video/audio player allows you to play almost any video and audio format without leaving the app (wmv, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, 3gp, sf, avi, divx, dv, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv, moov, mov, mp4, mpg, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, ts, vob, webm, wm, mp3, m4a, wma).
- Address bar search engine options (Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, StartPage can be changed App Settings > Search Engine)
- Extract audio from mp4 files (convert to mp3)
- Robust File Manager
- m3u8 streams over Tor. Bypass geo-blocked live TV streams like Aljazeera by requesting country specific IP addresses (instructions in app)
- Download m3u8 streams
- (NEW!) Chromecast support with subtitles test.mp4 test.vtt (subtitle and video file must have the same name just different extensions)
- Playlist Manager
- Dynamically updating adblocker
- (NEW!) Block HTTP referrer
- (NEW!) Cloud backup optional (off my default)
- (NEW!) Unzip/Untar
- (NEW!) Text Editor
- Web browsing/downloading through the anonymization network will be SIGNIFICANTLY SLOWER than through a non-tunneled browser like Safari. This is necessary and a small price to pay to keep your identity protected.
- This product uses the Tor distributed networks is produced independently from the Tor(r) anonymity software and carries no guarantee from The Tor Project about quality, suitability or anything else.
With this update we are adding some requested features and changing some default settings to make the app more secure and feature rich.
- Ability to block HTTP referrer
- Block iCloud backup by default for downloaded files (you can reenable it in App Settings)
- Text Editor to open variety of text file and edit them
- iOS 9 styled new app icon
- Updated Spoofing User Agent strings to newest version
- Added Disconnect.me to list of search engines available
Thank you for your continued support and feedback to improve the app. Your 5-star ratings and reviews are highly appreciated and keep us motivated, so a sincere thank you for that.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is the best tor app for iOS
I'm another enamoured user from the uk the apps feature that provides links to all of the deep web marketplaces is a excellent way to navigate without malware it connects flawlessly to websites such as the dream market and Silk Road 3 however as has been a trend in these reviews in the uk just looking at such sites (without proper and stringent precautions taken to hide your identity and whereabouts ) can present a plethora of issues with the law , excellent app provides about as much anonymity as can be achieved on iOS particularly the spoofing and passcode options a definite must buy for anyone with annoying internet blockers from iso's like sky or for anyone with more dubios intentions .
Good SamizData Gateway
Works as it should to provide safe and anonymous access to SamizData. The purported Darkweb is not really of importance - there is enough potential incrimination purely by way of the so-called clearnet. With the proposed Snoopers Charter making its way through Parliament (UK mainly), the ability to access non-Cathedral subject matter that is not filtered through the corporate status quo is a real boon.
Although TOR is not infallibly secure necessarily, at least snoopers have to break a sweat to pry into your browsing habits.
One big plus is the PIN that is required I order to open up the browser.
I bought this app hoping to be able to easily browse .onion url's. I was deeply mistaken. The first time I used the app I was able to browse successfully with minimal loading time. Every time I have tried to use it since, it has been partially or completely unresponsive. I have tried restarting the app and restarting the phone. The problem persists. I am very angry as there are many free browsers that I could've downloaded but I decided to buy this one with the hope that it would be better and more reliable. Complete waste of money. I feel conned. I do not recommend this app to anyone. It's useless!
- Omar Mody
- 49.8 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Gplex
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.