Be off book...book more work!
Learn your lines, explore your character and dive deep into your scenes with Rehearsal® Pro, the industry standard app for actors!
Rehearsal® Pro is the #1 best-selling app for professional actors!
Want to learn your lines? Want to be off-book, and book more work? Grab Rehearsal® Pro now!
Rehearsal® Pro is the app for that. It, and its predecessor, Rehearsal® 2, featured in the New York Times, Fast Company, LA Magazine and BACKSTAGE, became the entertainment industry standard for cast and crew to organize their scripts for auditions and working on set. Battle tested in Hollywood and around the world by professional actors and acting students.
And now, there's Rehearsal® Pro.
"I love this app! Rehearsal® lets me learn my lines in the car while I drive to work. It already saved my butt when I was thrown a major new dialogue scene 45 minutes before we started shooting it. I plugged the new scene into Rehearsal and I was off book by the time I got out of the make up chair." -Clark Gregg (Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Desperate Housewives, New Adventures of Old Christine)
"I am very pleased with the results of using Rehearsal® so far. It is a powerful tool in preparing for auditions, or for days of work, especially when I am pressed for time. It is easy to use and I have no doubt that as it evolves, it will be a part of my work process for a long time." -John Carroll Lynch (Shutter Island, Dexter, The Drew Carey Show, Body of Proof)
Rehearsal® Pro is
- extremely easy to use, solid and reliable
- intuitive: it reminds you of what you do with physical scripts
- usable with any current iOS device, and syncs script markup between all of them
- costs one low price for unlimited usage
For actors from every walk of life and all areas of accomplishment:
- works with short audition sides, to feature length scripts
- easily handles physical scripts by bursting and scanning to PDF
- for every actor at any skill level, student, amateur or professional
- for every actor in every arena, from community theater, commercial, industrial, stage, web, VO, television, and film
- get help with on-board demo videos that show you how to do nearly everything
Manage your scripts easily:
- Sync scripts between your devices
- Manage scanned-in scripts for theater productions
- Rotate, crop, collate and tint your pages
- add physical scripts by snapping pictures of pages
- create bookmarks and easily jump to a particular page
- work with the same PDF and Word files you get on your computer
- easily break down your script into your scenes
- reading your script is a snap - just flick and scroll
Learn your lines quickly:
- highlight your lines and your scene partners' lines in vibrant colors
- record your lines and play them back, watching the script scroll by like a teleprompter
- quickly fast forward or rewind to pick up lines simply
- record unlimited versions of scenes, exploring your character and creating new reads
- automatically repeat your scene over and over until you know your lines cold
- group multi-scene auditions into one repeating scene
- pause recording and playback
- play peekaboo to memorize - reveal your lines in blackout mode
- quickly add beat marks to longer passages
Explore your characters
- easily create and review comments: text, audio, photo or video
- record different takes on lines, different looks for characters
- have all your choices at your fingertips for instant review
Special features just for voice talent
- audition for voiceover work from anywhere
- email in your auditions as MP3 files from anywhere to anyone
Everyone on the production team can use Rehearsal® Pro
- location scouts can create quick and easy reports
- makeup, wardrobe, set dressers: keep track of continuity and looks from scene to scene
- directors and cinematographers: plan shots and create on-the-fly storyboards
Rehearsal® Pro was created by a working actor just like you, David H. Lawrence XVII, best known as the creepy Eric Doyle, the Puppetmaster on NBC's Heroes.
Hey there, Pros! Here's what we've included in this update:
1. We've updated how the app handles external information via web view pages.
2. We hammered down some errant nails in how the app works in iOS 14.
3. The eraser tool was having a moment, so we had a chat with it and it's much better now.
4. We had an issue with Line Set recording that is no longer an issue.
5. There was a bit of a discrepancy with page numbers when scrolling that we've taken care of.
6. Once you'd scribbled something, the app thought its job was done. We disabused it of that notion.
And we stay on top of the usual nips here and tucks there to keep you running smoothly. Plus, we're always working on other improvements.
VERY IMPORTANT: if you're having difficulty, don't leave us a bad review. Instead, view the Help files (just tap on the Help button on the main menu), or visit:
https://help.rehearsal.pro (or just tap the HELP button on the main menu of the app)
...where we've got tutorials, how-to's, FAQ's, videos and more - as well as a Help Message form. Use that - we'll get right back to you.
Please set your preference for updates to your apps to be automatic. We want you to always have the latest and greatest Rehearsal® Pro! To do so, go to Settings > iTunes & App Store on your device. Under Automatic Downloads, enable Apps.
While you’re using the app, we wouldn’t ever want to interrupt your rehearsals by asking you to rate and review us. However, if you find Rehearsal® Pro useful in your acting practice, please take a moment to give us a nice rating and review in the App Store. It really helps. Thank you!
Enjoy! All of us here just shouted, "Break a leg!"
David H. Lawrence XVII
Ratings and Reviews
This is a good app but is let down by its unreliability when saving scripts.
I’ve lost many hours orphan work after a script spontaneously reverts to an earlier version. Once I’d made notes and highlighted them and somehow the notes were lost but the highlighting remained. Also recorded scenes just disappear. May be a caching issue.
I did email the app developers but after an initial response my second email was ignored.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry your second email request wasn't received by us - I don't know anything other than what you put here, but we are always happy to help users solve their issues. If you could please send us a support request via the help.rehearsal.pro Send A Message page at the bottom of the FAQs, I'll see to this personally.
The best app I’ve used for rehearsing lines
I absolutely adore this app. One of its best features is you can loop your recording so you can literally listen to lines without stopping. Wether or not it sticks in your mind is dependant on the actors preferred learning technique. Personally I like walking back and forth while reciting lines. I’ve never had a problem with scripts going to the rehearsal app, sometimes it’s a bit delayed, one time I had to wait over 20 hours for it to appear, but that’s fine because it does appears on the app, just a little bit of patience is needed sometimes. I’ve also sent a script over by mail and it’s appeared within a couple of hours on the app. You can highlight your lines, the screen moves automatically with recorded lines when played back so if you got loads to learn on a ton of pages it does the scrolling for you. You can edit pages and make them different colours. You can save your recordings as separate scenes as well. Depending on what your style of learning is you can use this app to cater for a lot of learning methods. It’s a great way to save paper and trees too. Thank you so much for making this app
Utter rubbish. That's £20 straight down the drain
Completely unwieldy. Firstly it accepted my password but then wouldn't let me log in until I changed it to something simpler as some characters were clearly not recognised.
The app is completely unusable. You press Add Page, thinking it would let me add a page, but it doesn't. Its badly designed, badly programmed and totally unintuitive.
1st time I took a photo of each page of my script in portrait mode, only to discover the top and bottom of each page had been cropped off. I then found that the rotate buttons didn't do anything either so I had to scrap it.
2nd time I then took photo's of the entire script again in landscape mode only to have the app crash after page 72 again loosing everything
3rd time after 60 pages the camera screen stuck on black and the app locked up yet again loosing everything.
This app is a waste of time and energy and I have absolutely nothing good to say about it whatsoever. I want my money back.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sotto Voce Filmworks, Inc.
- 153.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2020 Sotto Voce Filmworks, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.