Here is what Remotix users say:
"Remotix is just absolutely amazing, I use it all the time. It allowed me to log onto my work computer from my personal computer and there was hardly any lag at all, my internet isn't the best and even apps like this still manage to run with zero problems!”
Matt Falconer, Mac App Store
"This app is very fast and has already saved me a couple of times because I have left something on the wrong computer. Love it, well worth the money."
Mark.L13, Mac App Store
• Introducing NEAR - low-latency, adaptive, H.264 based remote desktop protocol
• Apple Screen Sharing, VNC and RDP, including RD Gateway
• Connect from anywhere with Remotix Cloud technology
• Discover nearby computers using Bonjour, NetBIOS and LAN scanners
• Observe multiple computers at once
• Secure connections via SSH tunneling
• Stored computers are synced to all your devices via Remotix Cloud or iCloud
• Master password protection
• URL schemes to launch Remotix from third-party apps
If you are connecting to Mac or PC with NEAR:
• Hardware accelerated H.264 based remote desktop experience;
• Three quality modes, including “smooth” - for video & games.
• Automatically adapts to changing network conditions;
• Clipboard synchronization;
• Remote sound transfer;
• Login using system credentials or personal access code;
• Curtain mode & remote screen locking (Mac only).
If you are connecting to Mac with Screen Sharing:
• Drag-n-drop to share files between your Mac and remote Mac
• Automatically keeps your Mac pasteboard synchronized
• Best performance on average or slow internet connections with Apple adaptive codec
• Multi-display configuration selection, combined or each display individually
• Dramatic improvement of interaction speed with server-side picture scaling
• Ask to share the screen or authenticate by OS X username & password
• If there is someone logged in, select whether to ask for sharing or to start separate session
• Curtain mode & remote screen locking
• Remote multi-touch
If you are connecting to Windows over RDP:
• RD Gateway & load-balancing configurations
• On-the-fly resolution and scale change
• Rich clipboard with text, RTF and HTML
• Sound playback & recording
• Your Mac files are available as a folder within RDP session
• Automatic connection setup for the best performance over 3G or LAN
• Secure NLA authentication
If you are connecting to Linux or Windows over VNC:
• Works well with VMWare, UltraVNC, TightVNC, RealVNC, TigerVNC and x11vnc servers
• Copy and paste with automatic clipboard sync
• Microsoft Windows Logon authentication (UltraVNC)
• VeNCrypt TLS authentication (ProxMox, TurboVNC)
• x11vnc -ncache mode support
- Compatibility fixes
Ratings and Reviews
The Best VLC Application for Mac
Remotix is just absolutley amazing, I use it all the time.
It allowed me to log onto my work computer from my personal computer and there was hardly any lag at all, my internet isn't the best and even apps like this still manage to run with zero problems!
I literally just opened it and I was up and running in no time. The next best thing about this app is the ability to have multiple computers connected at once. It is just so useful and totally worth the price. The only problem I had was I couldn't play HD videos without lagging. Although that was probably only my internet… not the application.
Brilliant, I love this app!
Great Apple Remote Desktop Alternative
I wish I’d found this app before I bought Apple’s Remote Desktop. So much quicker to connect, even over a VPN or using the great Remotix Agent.
Love the Cloud server options will have to wait and see how much the subscription service is.
A bit expensive, but I manage lots of remote computers so the quality of the app is worth the price tag.
One of the best!
Though I hate the new look and feel :(
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.