WANT TO TRY OUT RETRO GAMER? GET 2 MONTHS FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME!
Retro Gamer is the only magazine in the UK that’s fully dedicated to the halcyon days of classic gaming. If you’ve ever fondly blasted away at the Bydo Empire in R-Type, swung Bowser by the tail in Super Mario 64, or navigated all 20 levels of Matthew Smith’s Manic Miner, then this is the magazine for you. Created by a dedicated team of experts, Retro Gamer’s mission is to deliver constantly engaging and passionately written articles that cover a wide range of subjects.
We offer our readership in-depth looks at classic games and franchises, behind-the-scenes glimpses of the software houses from yesteryear, and one-on-one exclusive interviews with industry veterans such as Archer Maclean and Hideo Kojima. Stylish, entertaining and beautifully presented, Retro Gamer is the ultimate guide to video gaming’s rich and diverse history.
What you’ll find in every issue:
• Unique – Interviews and features with unique access other publications cannot rival
• History – Delving into the history of the biggest games ever made with the unique ‘making of’ section
• Community – Creating a community where readers are given a chance to have their say on some of the best games in the world
• Extensive – Covering all aspects of the retro gaming world, from the Atari 2600 right up to the PlayStation 2
Once you’ve downloaded our app, you will need to take a free trial or purchase a single issue or subscription to access our in-depth content. We also publish specials and guides - browse our publications, read what interests you most, and get inspired.
Back issues, specials, and future issues are available for purchase within the app. Subscriptions are available on various monthly and annual terms, and auto-renew until you decide to cancel it. Check inside the app for current pricing.
*** Please Note: Our digital edition is not printable and does not include the covermount items or supplements you would find with the print edition ***
• The free trial offer is only available to new subscribers. If you have previously subscribed then payment will be taken immediately.
• You can cancel at any time during the free trial period and you will not be charged. Simply turn off auto-renew in your Apple account subscriptions page at least 24 hours before the auto-renew is due.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase .
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
The subscription will include the current issue if you don't already own it and subsequently published future issues for the duration of your subscription period.
General app improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
As a 30 something I’m collecting my childhood consoles again, and to find this magazine that takes me back , yet also it’s great to see how the games were made and designed, found it late in life but love it.!👌
Great mag, Poor App
Great mag let down by poor app and digital versions. In a bid to get rid of back issues cluttering the house downloaded all back issues as part of a Black Friday deal....app now takes an age to load or refuses to load at all. After a couple of reinstalls..had to delete files..which means I now need to download any back issues if I want to browse them again. Poor app optimisation. Also the digital issues would benefit from some form of multimedia links to videos, websites etc..(Empire mag is great in this respect..although admittedly has a wider audience)...otherwise digital copy just glorified PDF’s......back to the clutter I suppose...
This app is fundamentally broken. It constantly refuses to load the storefront which prevents you accessing the magazines you’ve paid for. I normally read Retro Gamer using the Pocketmags app which is flawless, but I bought a back issues bundle on this app when a deal came up. I’ve now been charged £23 for magazines I can’t read.
This app should be removed from the App Store and everyone who has made purchases on it refunded.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Imagine Publishing
- 27.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Future Publishing Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Subscription £2.99
- 1 Year Subscription £29.99
- 6 Month Subscription £17.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.