See music from a new perspective with Rhythm Necklace, the playful yet powerful tool for improvisation and composition. Tap, flip and rotate simple shapes to explore complex polyrhythms. Gestural control of beat distribution algorithms allows for the step-by-step generation of rhythmic shapes. Layer intricate beats in a matter of minutes, then save them for later or export to MIDI.
- Build rhythms on up to four necklaces.
- Adjust the length of each individual cycle to quickly create complex rhythmic ratios
- Use a collection of rhythm building algorithms and geometric transformations to create and morph your rhythm.
-Tap your tempo, use a slider for transitions, or manually type the global speed of your song
- Choose from a variety of pitched sounds and percussive sample sets.
- Quickly modulate between notes in four musical modes (pentatonic, major, minor, chromatic) and five octaves.
- Customize the attack and panning of sounds to suit your composition
- Save your sessions and export them as midi.
- E-mail copies of midi sessions to yourself. These can be opened and edited on most DAWs.
- Midi in/out allows you to fully customize your sounds and record your compositions in real time within an external DAW environment.
The term ‘rhythm necklace’ is used in music to refer to circular representations of repeating patterns. By thinking about rhythms as shapes rather than a linear timeline, it’s easier to see geometric properties that make them enjoyable, such as evenness and symmetry. Often, even subtle changes to the visual interface can completely transform how a rhythm sounds. Rhythm Necklace is a tool for both advanced and novice musicians alike, as well as anyone who wants to think about rhythms in a new way.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- iPad screen bug fixed
- Available in English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, French, German, Italian and Spanish
- Configure 'Run in Background' mode
Ratings and Reviews
Great but no Bluetooth
You’ll have a lot of fun on this, it’s worth the 3 quid even jus for a tap around when you want but - why can’t it output the audio to earphones or speakers on Bluetooth!
Great concept but no audio export
Great concept, elegant interface, excellent drum machine sounds, pitched sounds very limited. Would love to see this get audiobus compatibility - that would really open it out. Lack of audio export is also a major drawback for me. Also you can't chain sequences. Still a great start and I really hope the developer is working on improvements.
The developer, Sam Tarakajian, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Sam Tarakajian
- 50.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Sam Tarakajian and Meara O'Reilly
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.