See music from a new perspective with Rhythm Necklace, the playful yet powerful tool for improvisation and composition. Tap, flip and rotate simple shapes to explore complex polyrhythms. Gestural control of beat distribution algorithms allows for the step-by-step generation of rhythmic shapes. Layer intricate beats in a matter of minutes, then save them for later or export to MIDI.
- Build rhythms on up to four necklaces.
- Adjust the length of each individual cycle to quickly create complex rhythmic ratios
- Use a collection of rhythm building algorithms and geometric transformations to create and morph your rhythm.
-Tap your tempo, use a slider for transitions, or manually type the global speed of your song
- Choose from a variety of pitched sounds and percussive sample sets.
- Quickly modulate between notes in four musical modes (pentatonic, major, minor, chromatic) and five octaves.
- Customize the attack and panning of sounds to suit your composition
- Save your sessions and export them as midi.
- E-mail copies of midi sessions to yourself. These can be opened and edited on most DAWs.
- Midi in/out allows you to fully customize your sounds and record your compositions in real time within an external DAW environment.
The term ‘rhythm necklace’ is used in music to refer to circular representations of repeating patterns. By thinking about rhythms as shapes rather than a linear timeline, it’s easier to see geometric properties that make them enjoyable, such as evenness and symmetry. Often, even subtle changes to the visual interface can completely transform how a rhythm sounds. Rhythm Necklace is a tool for both advanced and novice musicians alike, as well as anyone who wants to think about rhythms in a new way.
- iPad screen bug fixed
- Available in English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, French, German, Italian and Spanish
- Configure 'Run in Background' mode
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great concept but no audio export
Great concept, elegant interface, excellent drum machine sounds, pitched sounds very limited. Would love to see this get audiobus compatibility - that would really open it out. Lack of audio export is also a major drawback for me. Also you can't chain sequences. Still a great start and I really hope the developer is working on improvements.
- Sam Tarakajian
- 48.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Sam Tarakajian and Meara O'Reilly
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.