Improve your sight reading quickly with immediate feedback of timing accuracy. Carefully graduated levels from simple to professional allow you to start at your best level and improve at your own pace, more rapidly than on your own instrument. Practice anytime and anywhere. Many advanced features.
- Common and rarer rhythms from 2 to 12 beats per bar (2/2, 3/2, 4/2, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4, 3/8, 5/8, 6/8, 7/8, 9/8, 12/8).
- More than 200 fixed exercises (100 (longer ones) on iPad).
- Thousands of random exercises.
- Levels for absolute beginners as well as professionals.
- More difficult exercises include rests, ties, syncopations, duplets, triplets, quadruplets, quintuplets.
- Option to add swing to every quarter note meter exercise.
- Different degrees of swing: light, medium and hard.
- Automatic count-off with one or two bars.
- Longer (random) exercises in landscape orientation.
PRACTICE & TEST MODE
- Practice mode: listen or tap along while the rhythm is played.
- Test mode: you hear the metronome and must read and tap the rhythm.
- Accuracy is instantly displayed visually (color and position) with each tap.
- Easily adjust metronome tempo by sliding or keypad.
- Two tap buttons for higher tempos or tapping with alternating fingers.
- Any exercise can serve as a starting point for editing.
- The editor provides many options to tailor exercises to your needs.
- Designed to need very few taps.
- Includes an editor for ties.
- Unlimited undo.
- Add your exercises to favorites.
- Share these with others.
- Expert mode: a higher default tempo for the exercises plus more accuracy required in tapping.
- Endurance test (continuous reading).
- Speeding-up tests.
- Left- and right-hand independence: tap the beat and rhythm with two tap buttons.
- Note duration test.
- Count 6/8 in two (dotted quarter has the beat).
- Ear training function to help in rhythmic dictation.
- Frequency chart of tap results.
- Progress reports for fixed and random exercises.
- Mail your results: e.g. send your 100% score graphic or progress reports.
- Sounds of the app player, metronome and taps can be chosen from several percussive instruments.
- Optional stereo sound. Hear your taps in the right ear and the metronome/player in the left ear.
- Optional beat-counting voice function.
- Use of the microphone as an alternative to the tap buttons.
- Play the rhythm with hand claps, finger-snaps or an instrument.
- Sensitivity function.
- Support for external microphones.
- Support for receiving taps from a Midi device connected via Apple USB camera adapter or USB-C (like keyboard, guitar, drum kit).
- Device is automatically detected.
- Touch-sensitivity support.
- Any exercise can be exported as a MIDI file.
- Very low latency (instant response).
- Left-handed tapping support.
- Classical as well as flat interface themes.
- Dark mode support.
- Universal app (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch).
- Support for all screen sizes.
- 64-bit compatible.
- iOS, iPadOS 15 tested.
iOS, iPadOS 15 adjustments.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app but still room for improvement
I absolutely love this app and so do my piano students. It’s fun and very educational.
The only improvement I would ask for would be the ability to add bars rather than just taking them away.
If I have a student who is struggling with the rhythms in a four bar phrase of 4/4, I’d like to be able to input the rhythm into the app. As of yet, I haven’t managed to find a single exercise on the app that has four bars of 4/4.
Developer Response ,
UPDATE 21feb19: version 9.81 now has an Add bar button in the editor.
Very useful. Could be given a modern makeover.
This is a useful app with very useful features for practising rhythm. For musicians of any instrument. It'd be great if it was slicker to use. The developer was on hand to answer a query v promptly.
Spot On - Great App
I was slowing my piano playing progress by having poor rhythm skills, or less than fluid recognition. Love this app worth every penny of the low price. A lot of features. Even if you think you are good with rhythm this App will help spot areas for refinement.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rolf Steenge
- 15.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © none
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.