Ride - the ultimate eSK8 companion app. Stop using apps built for running!
- Ride automatically finds all photos you took during a ride, you don't have to do anything except take photos. Works with most camera apps that save to the camera roll on your iPhone.
- Tap anywhere on a route to see what speed you were travelling.
- Track your rides with Ride on iPhone or Apple Watch, completely independently. Rides automatically sync from your Apple Watch to your iPhone.
- See your current, average and top speed instantly during your ride.
- Track total elevation gain and loss to figure out the best routes.
- Ride for Apple Watch speedometer is always available during a ride, just start a ride and raise your wrist.
- View individual ride total distance, duration, top speed and more.
- See your overall Ride stats like total distance ridden combined.
- View your entire ride history on a beautiful map.
- Epic ride? Gorgeous smooth roads? Easily share a bespoke image of your route.
- Smart-saving discards rides you accidentally started.
- Real-time syncing of settings across the iOS and watchOS apps.
OPTIONALLY, connect to a Boosted Board for an enhanced experience:
- Automatically start tracking a ride as soon as your board starts moving, without even launching the app. (iOS only)
- Automatically end a ride when your board disconnects.
- Monitor your current charge level and status.
- View and change your current Ride mode from either iPhone or Apple Watch. (Your board must be stationary to change mode!)
- Smart, configurable notifications for critical battery levels and when your board is "sufficiently charged".
- IFTTT support allowing you to hook up WiFi sockets to IFTTT triggers when your board is sufficiently charged etc (handy for people who live at the top of hills and can't charge their board to 100%)
- Share your current board stats in a bespoke snapshot.
More eSK8 boards are being considered for future versions.
Feeling generous and want to support future development of Ride? Find the optional in-app purchases to tip Kane Cheshire, the independent designer and developer who works on Ride.
Feature request or something not working quite right? Reach out on Twitter or Reddit and let me know.
I've been working on a neat update for you all ready for Spring.
Here's what's new in v2.1:
- Introducing Auto-start: Ride can now automatically start tracking a ride for those of you who own a Boosted board. As soon as your board starts moving, Ride will start tracking your ride. Combined with Auto-end, Ride is more powerful than ever. You can automatically track full rides without ever opening the app (so long as you've given Ride the right permissions).
- Super lovely new charging animation in Ride for iOS. Check it out!
- Ride for Apple Watch has a brand-spanking new UI. Significantly quicker to navigate as horizontally paged screens, with the speedometer in the middle page, board details to the left, and ride details to the right. Everything looks fresher and more refined.
- Support for Apple Watch Series 4's new set of Complications.
- Ride can now optionally also track rides as "Skating sport" workouts, both on iPhone and Apple Watch. Workouts are saved to Health, and contribute to your daily Apple Watch activity if you have one.
- Ride for Apple Watch now better reflects individual board settings, like critical charge levels.
- Complications will update more frequently where possible, like when connecting to power. 3rd party apps only get 50 updates a day, so Ride is still careful about when it updates the Complications on your Watch face.
- Fixes an issue where deleting and re-installing Ride for watchOS wouldn't immediately sync already paired boards and settings. This also helps with multi-Watch users who switch between Watches.
- Ride now shows you total elevation gained and lost on rides, even ones you previously recorded. Ride uses the GPS data your device provides, so isn't always 100% accurate.
- Ride now confirms deletion of rides in Ride for iOS.
- Added an activity indicator when testing IFTTT triggers.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to tap on the map during a ride and see the last recorded ride's speeds.
Suggestions? Something not working quiet right? Reach out to me on Twitter @RideHelp.
Don't forget you can always leave a tip in the app if you want to support ongoing development.
Ratings and Reviews
What the Boosted Board app should have been
Being able to see my speed on my watch in real time alongside the remaining battery is amazing. Definitely the missing app for the Boosted Board.
Developer Response ,
Thanks, Matt :D
Simple and because of that - great. One thing missing for me or actually two things. 1-manual total distance adjustment (I’ve been using different app before and would like my odometer to show true distance and not only measured with the app. 2- if I had two boards or more- I’d like different profiles for them.
Thanks for reply but that’s assuming I’m using the board that can be connected like boosted. My board isn’t ;) what I meant is manual selection of my devices ( I’d happily track my bike rides too)
Developer Response ,
You can remove and add boards as much as you like, Ride remembers settings for boards you remove, which is why it says “your settings won’t be lost” when you remove the board from Ride to add a different one :)
Essential for Boosted Board owners
The best app to control your board and map rides. I use it every time
Developer Response ,
Thanks Graham :D feel free to follow me on Twitter @RideHelp if you ever have any feedback :)
- Kane Cheshire
- 58.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Kane Cheshire
- In-App Purchases
- Tier 1 Tip £0.99
- Tier 2 Tip £2.99
- Tip Tier 3 £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.