For installation on any iOS device (iOS 6.0 or later), RM Student for iOS device gives teachers the power to connect to each student in a RM Tutor managed classroom (RM Tutor application required), enabling real-time interaction and support.
- Student Register: The teacher can request standard and/or custom information from each student at the start of each class, and create a detailed register from the information provided.
- Connecting to Students: The teacher can either browse for student tablets from the Tutor desktop application, or allow students to connect directly to the relevant class from their iOS device.
- Lesson Objectives: If provided by the teacher, once connected, students are presented with details of the current lesson, together with overall objectives and their expected learning outcomes.
- Sending Messages: The teacher can broadcast messages to one or more selected tablet devices.
- Chat: Either the student or the teacher can initiate a Chat session, and participate in group discussions.
- Requesting Help: Students can discreetly alert the teacher when they need help. This sends an alert to the teacher’s desktop, enabling them to interact with the student concerned. In addition, a red toolbar appears at the top of the student’s screen, enabling the teacher to easily identify students in need of help as they move around the classroom.
- Class Surveys: As part of student and classroom assessment, the teacher can conduct on-the-fly surveys to gauge student knowledge and understanding. Students can respond in real time and the teacher can then display the results to the class.
- Question and Answer: The teacher can conduct instant student and peer assessment by delivering verbal questions to the class, using a choice of answering modes – randomly selected students, first to answer, or answering in teams.
- Show Screen: While presenting, the teacher can show their desktop on connected student devices. Students can then use touch-screen gestures to pinch, pan and zoom in order to highlight key information as required.
- Student Rewards: The teacher can remotely assign token rewards to students, to recognize good work or behavior.
- WiFi/Battery Indicators: The teacher can view the current status of wireless networks and the battery strength for connected student devices.
- Configuration Options: Teachers can choose to pre-configure each iOS tablet with the required classroom connectivity settings, or ‘push’ the settings out to each device from the RM Tutor application.
Please note that the download of this app does not include a licence, and you must purchase a licence separately in order to use it. If you are a student or teacher looking to access this app, please contact your system administrator for support. If you are the system administrator, to purchase licences please contact your Account Manager or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RM Education PLC
- 10.9 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © NSL 2016
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.