Road Trip is the fastest and easiest app for tracking of your car’s fuel economy, maintenance history, and expenses.
Remember to checkout Road Trip Lite and Road Trip HD for the iPad.
"There’s a ton of MPG apps on the App Store but Road Trip is the best because of its amazingly dense summary screen and its best in class fuel entry screen."
— Jason D. O'Grady, zdnet.com
"The most comprehensive road travel app of them all, Road Trip allows you to track mileage, fuel prices, graph out trip expenses, and even export the data to CSV"
— Ben Parr, mashable.com
"The part we like the most is the cool graph that shows fuel costs and average mpg over time. And it lets you look at the cost per day to keep those wheels turning."
— Car and Driver Magazine
Road Trip will…
• Track your fuel economy and fuel costs.
• Track your maintenance history.
• Track and compare your vacations and trip costs.
• Remind you when regular maintenance is due.
• Prevent expensive premature maintenance.
• Show you how much money you spend on your car.
• Mileage and fuel economy tracking.
• Service and repair log, with service reminders.
• Expense tracking.
• Trip tracking and reporting.
• Comprehensive statistics.
• Full international support (Metric, US, and Imperial units).
• Unlimited number of vehicles.
• Full screen, interactive graphs.
• Customizable Shortcuts
• 3D-Touch Quick Actions
• Siri voice integration
• All key statistics and graphs on a single page.
• Cost per day, Cost per km, Moving Average.
• Maximum distance per tank.
• Monthly and Yearly distance and cost estimates.
• Vehicle depreaction statistics.
AUTOMATIC BACKUP AND SYNC
• Automatically sync between multiple of iOS device using Dropbox.
• Automatically backup to Dropbox, including CSV files.
• Your Road Trip data always remains private. We do not collect data from your iOS device, and we do not have access to the data you store in iCloud or Dropbox.
• Tripmeter or Odometer distance entry.
• Partial fill-ups, Same-day fill-ups, and Missed fill-ups.
• Currency Conversion.
• Geo-tagging and mapping.
• Searching and filtering.
• Jerrycan Fuel Tracking.
• Trip Cost Calculator.
• Distance-To-Empty Calculator.
• Tyre log, including support for summer and winter tyres.
• Distance correction for inaccurate odometers.
• Monthly and Yearly distance and cost estimates.
• Trip Computer Logging (fuel economy, average speed, temperature)
• Graphs for comparing MPG vs. Fuel Type, Driving Conditions, Average Speed, and Temperature.
• Odometer replacement.
• Vehicle purchase price and depreciation tracking.
• Import and Export CSV
• Electric vehicle tracking (in kW.h)
• Home electricity tracking (in kW.h)
• Motorboat tracking (in Hours)
Lots more information and screen shots on the website:
Questions? Suggestions? We want to hear from you!
Email us: email@example.com
Road Trip now supports Dark Mode on iOS 13.
If you enjoy Road Trip please take a moment to leave a review on the App Store. It helps us out. Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
It allows you to keep detailed logs and costings without having to go through a file of paperwork to find what you need. Cost per mile broken down by individual fuel brand, and expenses, reminders of upcoming service intervals and what you used last time etc. Not only does it acknowledge the existence of international users and allow them to use mpg/miles etc. but it also presents data clearly. It's possible to plan expenses in advance and add reoccurring expenses and all with the benefit of easily exportable online backup to Dropbox.
In terms of ways it could be improved, I’d like to see GDrive as an option, the ability to link images to expenses would be amazing - no more piles of paperwork to hunt through for warranty etc. the author has stated this is something that may be looked at in the future.
The author makes regular updates and adds new features with each update. All in all it's quite literally worth every penny.
I have logged every single fill-up, maintenance, MOT cost etc, since I started using the app on 16th November 2010. *Nine* years of stats! Over that length of time it’s given me an incredibly accurate picture of my fuel efficiency and costs on a per mile basis. Also fascinating to export it to CSV and bring it in to Excel to chart the changes in pricing etc. over the years. I may only have two more fills to go before I trade in my petrol car for an EV, so wanted to be sure I pass on my comments before my petrol journey ends!
Great job, Darren - it’s been one of my staple apps front and centre for a long time.
Very useful to track accurate fuel economy
I have used a couple of these apps ever since owning a smart phone. While the previous apps did meet some requirements, this app covers all my needs.
I have used it to record fuel economy on the last three cars I have owned and have never missed a fuel up.
The updates are bringing new features, the Dropbox sync was a bit hit and miss, so to introduce iCloud sync was an excellent improvement.
I keep hoping with every update that it would have added CarPlay features, just a hint 😜
- Darren Stone
- 12.2 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2019 Darren Stone
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.