Fontainebleau, Rocklands, Arco, Siurana, Albarracin, Kalymnos are only a few examples from over 10.000 climbing topos what 27 Crags offers. Browse the map and find the most suitable climbing spot for you and your friends.
ETHICAL CHOICE: PREMIUM ROCK CLIMBING TOPOS
.premium topos are made and maintained by topo authors who know the region very well. Upgrade to .premium, and you'll support the local climbing development. We contribute 50% of the profit to local topo authors.
FIND CRAGS AND BOULDERS WITH GPS
GPS feature helps you navigate your way to the crag or boulder. Extremely useful on locations like large boulder areas like Rocklands, Fontainebleau and Albarracin or crags with long approaches e.g. Cèüse.
Download topos from different crags and you can use topos wherever you want. A bad internet connection in the mountains or a dense forest will no longer stop you from accessing topos and map.
USE TICK AND TO-DO LIST TO MANAGE YOUR CLIMBS
Plan your future climbs and add them to your to-do list. Follow your progress as a climber with the tick list.
Remember climbing is not always permitted. Get the latest access info of crags and boulder areas and respect unwritten ethical rules of climbing.
Before using our app, you need to accept:
- Fixed login stuck issue
- Premium crags are shown as default
- Note: Updating from 1.29 to 1.30 you need to login to the app again and download offline crags again.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Must have for climbing
This app would perfect if you could create topos in the app. The locations would be more accurate.
Developer Response ,
Hi and thank you for the review! 🙏 Also, we have some big plans regarding the improvement of topo-making 💪
Great potential but flaky implementation
Several issues with this app, based on my experience of using it for Ticino.
- quality of the community topo for Brione is poor, and incomplete. The Bimano app is much better in that regard.
- premium topos for Chironico and Cresciano are not great.
- app is buggy, navigation is flaky/counterintuitive, and the offline topo function does not work properly.
- map display is terrible/unusable for areas with a high density of boulders, since all the boulder names and boulder symbols overlap unless you zoom in. Generally the map is no substitute for an actual drawn overhead view topo, where you really need local crag paths, boulder sizes and problem positions are indicted.
To cut a long story short, this app is worth a look if you're going somewhere with literally no other info a topos or guides available, otherwise it is trumped by literally any proper printed guidebook.
Developer Response ,
Hi Dave and thank you for taking the time for the very detailed feedback! We're sorry to hear your experience wasn't the best and want to give you proper answer.
- Brione topos are community (free to use and created by anyone) which means that unfortunately the quality is not always great.
- Chironico and Cresciano are Premium topos as you mentioned. Unfortunately due to the big size of these topos (1000+ and 2000+ problems in one crag!), there's sometimes some problems with the offline use. One way that can help with this is to make sure the offline download is completed before heading to the rocks.
- When it comes to the names of the blocks, this was actually a long time request from our users, that you could see the names before clicking them open. We agree that it doesn't always look the best in high-density areas but we've heard generally really good feedback about it.
We will take your feedback into account in the developing and our small team is constantly trying to find ways to make the apps better. We hope that it can help you in your future climbing trips better. Keep on climbing! 💪
Everything you need to bring
Great app! I used it for an improvised session to Fontainebleau and it was perfect. Good coverage of the boulders, nice pics and even some links to videos in case you want to know. I wish it was possible to open the locations of the parkings spots in other navigation apps.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the review! 🙏 We're glad to hear you liked our app and thank you for the feedback suggestion regarding navigation! 😊 Keep on climbing!
- 27 Crags Oy
- 91.3 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 27 Crags
- In-App Purchases
- Premium climbing guide monthly £7.99
- Premium climbing guide yearly £63.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.