Rocket Speller is a fun and engaging spelling app for 3-7 year olds. Educators, occupational therapists, special education teachers, and parents agree that kids are engaged and learning with this app.
* Libby Curran (2012 People Magazine Teacher of the Year) on iKidApps - "If you are looking for an app that will help your children learn their ABCs and improve their spelling, and that is as entertaining as it is educational, try Rocket Speller."
*Smart Apps for Kids - "a TERRIFIC free app…"
*Best Apps For Kids - "This is one of the best free educational apps I have found that is not only a great value, but provides tons of fun."
*The iPhone Mom - "Rocket Speller helps develop and strengthen spelling and fine motor skills in young children, it is packed full of educational value in a fun environment …"
*Kids App Reviews - "You won’t be disappointed with this high quality app …"
Kids join Zip the alien on an out-of-this-world spelling adventure to build a fancy new rocket. Now with 5 levels of difficulty, kids spell words to fuel his spaceship and help him choose the rocket pieces he needs. Once they have built their custom rocket ship, kids steer it through space to collect stars in an entertaining mini-game.
1: 3-6 letter words. Place letters in any order. Audible and visual hints.
2: 3-10 letter words. Order required. Audible and visual hints.
3: 3-4 letter words. Order required. Audible hints. Adaptive assistance.
4: 5-6 letter words. Correct order required. Adaptive assistance only.
5: 7-10 letter words. Correct order required. Adaptive assistance only.
“What are audible hints?”
Players can touch a letter to hear its name or sound.
“What are visual hints?”
In the early levels (1 & 2), players see where specific letters should be placed.
“What is Adaptive Assistance?”
Smart technology that recognizes when a player is struggling and assistance is provided.
- Learn to spell words in a way that is fun, interactive and promotes self-initiated skill progression
- Develop awareness of how letters combine to form words
- Develop awareness of left to right order
- Promote letter recognition
- Reinforce knowledge of letter names
- Enhance vocabulary
- Kid-friendly interface
- Balances skill development with play, making learning fun
- 5 levels of difficulty engage children at different stages of development
- 140 simple and complex words to enhance vocabulary
- Words are different every time you play
- Choose upper or lower-case letters
- Hundreds of possible rocket combinations
- Interactive alien (touch Zip on the spelling pages and see what he does!)
- High quality production standards
* Note: words are pronounced with a North American accent.
PRIVACY AND EXTERNAL LINKS
We believe it’s important to inform you about the app you are downloading. This app:
- contains a secured (triple-tap required) Parents/Educators section with a few links retained for your convenience.
- tracks usage data using a highly-reputable service called Flurry Analytics. All data is aggregated and completely anonymous. Understanding how the app is used helps us to improve and refine the user experience. If you would like additional information, please contact us and we’ll be happy to answer your questions. You may opt-out by visiting www.flurry.com/resources/privacy.html.
- Has NO push notifications
- Has NO in-app purchases
- Has NO third party ads
- Has NO social media links
Little Big Thinkers is a member of Parents with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
In some cases where device memory is low, animations happen instantly, which causes the game to be unplayable.To avoid this causing frustration, we are preventing the game from running in the background.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My kids love this and fight over using it in the car. My daughter is 6 so can cope with the correct letter sounds but the option for phonic sounds would be better for my 3 year old. If you could add your own spelling lists I would pay for this app, as I could add in my daughters spellings each week!
Spell with rocket
What a great game, it's so simple and my 4 year old daughter doesn't realise she is learning. The game is unfortunately quite short so come on Little Big Thinkers more levels and more games like this please. Would definitely pay for an upgrade.
Really love the little alien building his rocket. Could you please please develop the same incentive for speech therapy. Lots of words beginning with k or s etc.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.