The critically acclaimed - award winning rogue-LITE arrives on iOS in “Rogue Legacy: Wanderer Edition”. A highly curated edition specifically built for the iOS.
The Wanderer Edition includes everything from the base game (including the anniversary update); but adds on top new iOS specific traits, new rooms, new mini-bosses, and a completely remastered control scheme to help bring the console experience of Rogue Legacy into the palm of your hands.
· Indiecade 2013 Finalist, PAX 10 Official Selection, and more
· 9/10 IGN - “Clever, creative, and addictive as hell.”
· 9/10 Polygon - “I've never played an action game or a perma-death driven RPG that succeeds the same way.”
· 8.5/10 Destructoid – “This is a game that won't just eat up your time, but devour it”
· 9.5/10 Playstation Universe – “stands as a towering achievement and an easy recommendation to anyone not put off by the idea of near-endless, social-life destroying fun.”
· 9/10 Official Xbox Magazine UK – “Rogue Legacy mixes up genres and, through some inspired design choices, brings out the best in both.”
Explore and discover the secrets of an ever-changing castle. Each time you die, your child will succeed you. Every child is unique. One child might be colorblind, another might have vertigo-- they could even be a dwarf.
The world is unforgiving, and you will die. But that’s ok, every passing sees your children inherit your bounty. Spend it upgrading your manor, and give all your successors a step up in life, and another chance at vanquishing evil.
· A procedurally generated adventure. Explore new castles with every life.
· Rogue-lite. Your character dies, but with each passing your lineage grows and becomes stronger.
· Tons of unique traits that makes each playthrough special. Ever wanted to be dyslexic? Now you can!
· More than 8 classes to choose from (9)! Each class has unique abilities that change the way you play the game.
· Over 60 different enemies to test your skills against. Hope you like palette-swaps!
· Massive, expandable skill tree. Rack in the loot to upgrade your manor and give your successors a cutting edge.
· Equip your heroes with powerful weaponry and armor. Or gain new abilities like flight, dash, and air jumping.
· Tons of secrets and easter eggs to uncover... or are there? Yes there are.
· Includes the base game content + Anniversary Update + exclusive Wanderer Edition content.
· Rebalanced difficulty. You’re playing this on cars, buses, beds, and toilets. We’re not silly enough to assume you’ve got the same level of concentration as you do on a TV.
TWO bug fixes!
1. The new mini-bosses now drop chests when defeated, like they should have done all along. Whoops.
2. The app will no longer request unnecessary Bluetooth permissions on iOS 13.
Ratings and Reviews
Great game hampered slightly by touch screen controls
I have this game on the PS4 and love it, so the thought of being able to play it on the go was too tempting.
The issue with this port is that the touch screen controls can be fiddly, sometimes unresponsive, and sometimes have a mind of their own altogether. They are slightly easier to use on my iPad than my phone, but on both devices I occasionally find that pressing the attack button actually makes the character run to the right (just to be clear, I’m not accidentally dashing). It also seems that sometimes my taps don’t register and the buttons won’t respond. This can be very frustrating.
Still, it’s an excellent game and is worth persevering with the controls. If you have an MFI controller then even better!
On a side note, performance is okay on my 6s Plus with some choppiness when there’s lots on screen, but seems much smoother on my iPad Air 2.
Corrupted save file- can’t play any more
Whenever I try and start the game I get a message saying that my save file is corrupted. It attempts to restore from backup but to no avail. To be fair I had a good innings, but my 25+ hours of progress to NG+14 is no more :(
There is clearly something wrong with the save implementation in this port. Previously I’d occasionally get messages that my save file is out of step with iCloud, and I’d need to delete the iCloud data in order to fix.
All in all this is a great game and a great port, but beware of this game breaking bug.
Great! Needs Apple TV support
So, so addictive, I loved this on PC, the touch controls work well but at this point, I’m pretty sure they’d greatly increase their sales if they allowed it to run on Apple TV.
Developer Response ,
Hi there! In case you didn’t know, the game already has controller support. If you’ve got a compatible gamepad laying around, you can connect it to your iOS device and all the touch buttons disappear so you can see better. 😁 Thanks so much for your review and feedback!!
- Cellar Door Games, Inc.
- 349.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Game Controller
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2019 Cellar Door Games Inc.
Play this game with your favourite compatible controller.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.