● KEY FEATURES ●
● Simple, fast and easy to use guide and route planner for the metro, rail and trams in Rome.
● Clear colourful street map covers all of central Rome.
● Map and routing data are stored entirely on the device so no internet connection is required.
● A database of places of interest, parks, restaurants, shops etc, etc is included.
● Allows the user to easily mark up the map with points of interest or plot routes and mark areas of interest.
● Locates and tracks the user on the map using GPS.
● OVERVIEW ● The Rome Metro - Map and route planner from Zuti makes it easy to travel in and around Rome using the Metro, Tram and Urban rail networks. The application contains a detailed and colourful street map and route planner with many unique features. The map provides a clear view of the city transport services with the ability to show or hide the transport services and stops. The map and route planner are stored entirely on the device and are available anywhere and at any time, there is no need for an internet connection.
● TRAVEL EXPLORER ● The unique travel explorer feature provides a view of travel times using transport from any location on the map. This is helpful for getting a sense of scale and connectivity of the transport system and can provide some interesting results. For example is it quicker to use the metro and tram to travel from Colosseo to Venezia or is it quicker on foot? (Hint, the quickest route will keep you fitter). No other application makes it so easy to get around on the transport systems and allow you to make travel decisions based on the actual distances involved.
● ROUTING ● Does not require an internet connection and will always be available to display a clear and detailed view of the city transport system, plus list and display on the map the optimum route for your journey. Provides the fastest route calculations of any mobile routing application (virtually instantaneous) using actual published journey times with the ability to select the quickest route or the route with the least changes. Comprehensive details of your planned route are provided, including “direction”, “towards” and “service frequency” information (not available on any other offline journey planner) for example “Take the Metro B (Northbound) towards Rebibbia for 4 mins (2 stops). Service runs every 10 minutes” which is essential when finding the correct platform and direction. Also given are alternatives (if available) for each leg of the journey.
● ANNOTATING THE MAP ● You can now add places of interest, routes and areas to the map. This is a very simple yet powerful feature that allows the user to easily customise their map. This feature will also display the complete distance for a route. These annotations are stored on the device and can be shown or hidden as a group or individually.
● NO INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED ● The map and routing do not require an internet connection and you will not be charged data connection fees. This also means the application runs perfectly underground or on an aeroplane, etc. For international visitors to a city who have data roaming turned off this is an ideal solution.
● MORE MAPS ● This map is one in a series of Zuti worldwide city maps, if you like this product you may also enjoy some of our other offerings, please visit www.zuti.co.uk for further information.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
1. User can now control the maximum amount of walking on any leg of a route.
2. Added ability to change the size of markers.
Ratings and Reviews
Downloaded this prior to our recent trip to Rome. We were really impressed at how good it performed, even showing us which station were coming up next whilst we were travelling using my GPS offline. Helped to plan our days in Rome, saving us loads of time. Great App! Five stars :)
Tried this first as I have some of the other Zuti maps and have just booked a trip to Rome so was pleased to find this one in their range. It's good too so I went ahead and got the paid version to avoid the adverts. If the adverts don't bother you go with this one.
When in Rome...
Definitely download this! So easy to use and enables you to find the landmark ie. colosseum (small stars in the app) and then find the nearest station to that landmark. As well as to and from travel times etc. Worth it if using metro and trams.
The developer, Visual IT Ltd, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Visual IT Ltd
- 126.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Copyright Visual IT
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.