Lead history’s most audacious military campaign as Alexander the Great and embark upon a conquest of the all-powerful Persian Empire. Alexander is the perfect game for seasoned commanders. For a gentler introduction to classical warfare, start with ROME: Total War.
THE ULTIMATE STRATEGIC CHALLENGE
If you have mastered ROME and Barbarian Invasion, Alexander awaits as the ultimate test of your skills.
DARING MARTIAL FEATS
Lead the Greek kingdom of Macedon through Central Asia to lay waste the Persian Empire.
Command over 50 units unique to the game, including Macedonian Companion Cavalry.
BUILT FOR iOS
Enjoy intuitive touch controls and a user interface designed for mobile gaming.
ENORMOUS 3D BATTLES
Turn your screen into a dynamic battlefield with thousands of units in action.
This game requires iOS 12 or later and just under 4GB of space to install.
• iPhone 5S
• iPhone 6/6 Plus
• iPhone 6S/6S Plus
• iPhone SE
• iPhone 7/7 Plus
• iPhone 8/8 Plus
• iPhone X
• iPhone XS/XS Max
• iPhone XR
• iPhone 11
• iPhone 11 Pro/11 Pro Max
• iPod Touch (6th Generation)
• iPod Touch (7th Generation)
• iPad mini 2
• iPad mini 3
• iPad mini 4
• iPad mini 5
• iPad Air
• iPad Air 2
• iPad Air 3
• iPad (5th Generation)
• iPad (6th Generation)
• iPad Pro (1st Generation: 9.7", 12.9")
• iPad Pro (2nd Generation: 10.5", 12.9")
• iPad Pro (3rd generation: 11", 12.9")
© 2002–2019 The Creative Assembly Limited. Originally developed by The Creative Assembly Limited. Originally published by SEGA. Creative Assembly, the Creative Assembly logo, Total War, Rome: Total War and the Total War logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of The Creative Assembly Limited. SEGA and the SEGA logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. Developed for and published on iOS by Feral Interactive Limited. iOS and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
• Adds support for the iPhone 5S and later (see description for full list of supported iPhones)
• Adds a range marker feature that shows the firing distance of missile units
• Adds a Very Easy difficulty setting for the Campaign mode
• Increased zoom-out level on Battle map
• Increased zoom-in level on Campaign map
• Improved Faction Summary screen provides at-a-glance information on your faction
• Improved Character Details screen exposes previously hidden stats and retinue effects
• Battle UI can be hidden, allowing greater control over unit paths and formations (tap with two fingers to hide/display UI)
• First Time Help system; help appears automatically whenever you access a new screen or attempt a new action (can be enabled/disabled via in-game options)
• Improved general help system; tap and hold on units and UI elements to see more information
• In-game manual for hints and tips on Campaign and Battle play
• Track your progress in Historical Battles; receive bronze, silver or gold ratings depending on what difficulty you completed the battle
• Adds an Auto-Merge Units option to merge depleted units in armies or fleets
• Device battery level now visible on the Campaign Map
• Adds colour-coded tooltips in Battle mode to easily see positive or negative unit condition
• Improved Battle status info; status info can be toggled to appear above each unit, and shows unit alignment (friendly/hostile), unit type, health, current orders, morale and ammo, along with their current path
• Adds tap-to-move controls with improved pathfinding for multi-turn journeys
• Adds Manual Camera Tilt mode - drag with two fingers to tilt the camera (can be enabled/disabled via in-game options)
• iPhone only: Card bar can be expanded to display larger unit and building cards (can be triggered manually or set to expand automatically via in-game options)
• iPhone only: Scrolling tooltip ticker; key information scrolls along the panel at the top of the screen
• iPhone only: Retinue lists; easily track which followers are attached to which characters
• Uses the Metal graphics API instead of OpenGL
• Fixes a number of minor issues
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I had the first version of this game on PC and loved it. This version however, makes little to no sense. I play in campaign mode and I’m doing really well. Suddenly the game tells me I’ve failed and that’s it... it’s the end of ‘the game.’ I loaded a previous saved game and continued in a different way only to be told I’d failed again! Game over. At that point I had conquered all the settlements I could see on the map, had a full rating in each of h thy me and they were all making money... fail apparently.
It seems that to complete or even play this game, you have to have a degree in history with a focus on Alexander The Great as you have to play the game the way he fought his campaign in order to play it. Don’t waste money on this.
Nice app, very historical indeed.
I always love ROME: Total War Games because it gives you the right thing what happened in ancient history such as Ancient Rome and Ancient Greece like the Romans or Macedonians/Greeks. I love learning about Alexander the Great that he cross the Hellespont into Asia-Minor and did his father's grand plan to invade the Achaemenid Empire under Darius III and really stunning dramatic victories of Alexander, such as the three major battles such as the Granicus, Issus and Gaugamela. and other battles such as the Persian Gates at the Zagros Mountains when he was about to enter Persepolis and the Hydaspes when he met Porus, King of Pauravas in the Punjab. It's really amazing how ROME: Total War knows the ancient sources about this.
This game is brillaint. Ive been a long time fan of total war, and when I heard it was coming out on iOS I was overjoyed. However I was wondering if it would be possible to bring out more total war games on devices, Medieval 2 perhaps? Anyways a brilliant game and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in tactic based war games.
- Feral Interactive Ltd
- 3.7 GB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2002–2017 The Creative Assembly Ltd. SEGA and the SEGA logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.