HAPPEN and ACTIVE are research projects based at Swansea University aiming to empower young people and advocate for their wants and needs to help make changes to the places they live, play and go to school. The reviews gathered by the RPlace App are passed on to organisations (for example, the local council) to make places safer and more accessible for children and teenagers. This app has been commissioned by Play Wales.
• Sign up/ registration, sign in.
• App will capture email address.
• Once user signs in, he shall see the next screen containing the main menu where he will be able to choose between different buttons: “Create a review”, “Explore reviews”, “My reviews”, “Delete reviews”, “Settings”, “About Us”. He will also find in that same screen a side menu with other different buttons: “About Us”, “Contact Us”, “Share, “Log Out”.
• After choosing the “Create a review” button, the user will be taken to a screen where a full-size map screen will appear. The user will then find the area which he wishes to review, and he will long press on it. Immediately after long pressing on the area to review, a pointer will appear, and a small screen will ask him to write the name of the area. Once this is done, he should return to the main button and click on the “Look for reviews” button.
• If the user chooses the “Explore reviews” button, he will be taken to the same full-size map screen but this time a search bar will be showing. The user will be able to search any area which wishes to find reviews about or rate itself if they already appear. Once they write the name of an area in the search bar, they will find a pointer where if clicked they will get the option to look at the different reviews of that area, share the area itself, or write a new review of that area. The reviews will be divided in different sections to provide a better functionality of the app. Those will be: “Safety”, “Public Transport”, “Care and Maintenance”, “Streets and Places”, “Natural Spaces”, “Work and Local Economy”, “Social Interaction”. They will have to review an area according to those sections and if they look at reviews, they will find a filter to select one of these sections in case they wish to look at reviews according to a specific one.
• If they click in “My reviews”, users will be able to find the ones that they wrote using the specific email address and password and they will be able to check the status of the review because before sending a review, it will have to be checked by an admin account to help the app to be as safe and functional as possible.
• Clicking in “Delete reviews” will give the user the ability to delete the reviews that they wrote using their log in details.
• The “Settings” button exists in case the user wishes to change their password or delete their account.
• And finally, the “About Us” button will include information about the project itself and some contact details.
- General Improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic app for the youth!
Great app for young people to get their voice heard and improve local facilities
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Suad Ahmadieh Mena
- 100.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Suad Ahmadieh
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.