Design and test your own all-terrain space rover! Race against rivals (including friends!) as you jump gaping canyons and cross treacherous boulder fields. Go as far as you can and try to be the top rover!
Rugged Rovers, from the Science Museum in London, UK, features:
- Now you can RACE AGAINST FRIENDS in your network!
- New HIGH SCORES and ACHIEVEMENTS!
- Easy rover drawing tools, including movable motor and resizable wheels
- Dramatic Mars-inspired spacescape to test your rovers to the max
- Jet hover and speed boost to help your rover overcome terrain obstacles
- Top tips about how to solve common rover challenges
Your rover will be up against weird and wonderful designs some by your friends and some by real-life Mars rover engineer Abbie Hutty. Can your designs beat the professionals at their own game?
Mars rover engineer Abbie says: ‘Create, test and develop your very own Mars rover designs with this cool game – see if you’ve got the design skills to be a future space engineer like me!’
Play Rugged Rovers anywhere on your mobile or come to the Science Museum’s cutting-edge exhibition Engineer Your Future to play against your friends on our BIG screen.
Find out more about becoming an engineer: sciencemuseum.org.uk/engineeryourfuture
Now you can RACE AGAINST FRIENDS in your network!
New HIGH SCORES and ACHIEVEMENTS!
Ratings and Reviews
Great game but....
There are just a couple of things that would make it perfect.
1. Personal high scores would be great for single player mode.
2. Local matches. My friend also has this app and to be able to play against him would be great fun.
Otherwise this game is pretty great.
Struggled to connect with friends in my house
Brilliant and beautiful
This app has been designed beautifully and I love playing it.
I do however have a few suggestions to make it even better:
- Be able to choose your colour rover. Blue is great but being able to choose the colour would be fantastic, perhaps a colour wheel to choose shades also.
- Be able to choose the pattern inside the rover - lines are fab but being able to customise this even more would be great.
- Be able to connect to the science museum games - I understand about being on the network but perhaps you could look into a server for this so that during museum opening times you can connect to the game at the museum no matter where you are.
- create a server to play with others anytime.
-add more backgrounds when rover is moving.
I love this app, it's clear that a lot of effort has gone into the app ---and it doesn't go unnoticed. it works flawlessly and is absolutely perfect. My suggestions will just enhance the user experience. Well done on a brilliant app. Thanks.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.