From the authors of the book, "Run Less, Run Faster", comes the companion iPhone app. Created by the internationally recognized Furman Institute of Running and Scientific Training (FIRST), this app outlines comprehensive training programs for 5K, 10K, half marathon and marathon runners.
To get started all you have to do is input a current race time and the app does the rest! The FIRST app is a great way to optimize training time with better performance. The FIRST app will help you get to the starting line stronger and healthier, no matter the race distance.
Training Programs Included
• 12-week 5K and 10K
• 16-week Half-Marathon, Marathon and Novice-Marathon
Training Week in a Nutshell
• 3 Key Runs each week including track repeats, tempo run and long run
• Each Key Run has distances and paces tailored to your current fitness level
• 2 cross-training workouts each week (choose from two cycling, a swimming and a rowing workout each week)
Treadmill Runners and Metric Units
• You can choose distances and paces in mph, kph, minutes per mile or minutes per kilometer.
Before you Buy
• The training paces are designed to improve your fitness level and running performances
• Appropriate for runners with 5K times between 15 and 40 minutes and 2:25 to 6:30 marathoners
• The 5K training plan assumes you have the ability to run 5 miles
• The 10K training plan assumes you have the ability to run 6 miles
• The Half Marathon training program assumes you can run 8 miles
• The Novice-Marathon training program assumes you can run 8 miles. The 16-week Novice-Marathon training program includes a long run of 20 miles.
• The Marathon training program assumes you can run 13 miles. The 16-week Marathon training program includes five 20 mile runs.
The three Key Runs – track repeats, tempo run and long run – are designed to work together to improve endurance, lactate-threshold running pace, and leg speed. These efficient and effective schedules have been researched and tested with runners of wide-ranging abilities. Having a portable app that allows runners to see their workouts on the fly is another time-saving feature of "Run Less, Run Faster".
The contents of this App are copyrighted with all rights reserved by Rodale Inc. No part of this App may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or any other information storage and retrieval system, without the written permission of Rodale Inc.
- Fix issue with text sizes with Accessibility features enabled.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not for me but might suit you
I completed this years London Marathon 2019 and liked the idea of reducing to 3 runs a week in preparation for this years Dublin Marathon October 2019.
For me 3 runs plus other training was excessive so I gave up the plan.
I had purchased the book and paid £2,99 for the app. I am paying £1 a month for using the app, and cannot find where to cancel this subscription as it does not appear on my iTunes list. I have no way to contact the developer to cancel..... unless you tell me differently.
Disappointed with predicted race pace
You enter a recent race time to get your target training and race pace. I entered a recent HM of 1:32:18. After a 4 month (16week) structured and scientific training programme my race pace is given as 1:32:08 - a mere 10 second gain! This algorithm needs to be looked at as it lets down an otherwise good app.
Not worked properly since I’ve had new iOS. Have tried to contact developer but no luck.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.