Everyone. Every run. Join the community that helps people get out the door and stick with running forever! Track exercise, set goals, sweat, and see progress along the way. Whether you’re working your way up to tracking a 5K goal or deep into marathon training, use the GPS app trusted by 50 million users and counting.
- "This multifunctional app has something for everyone, from beginning runners to those training for a marathon, and folks who prefer to hit the road on two wheels” - SELF
- "Runkeeper is the granddaddy of running apps; it's one of the oldest and most popular, for plenty of good reasons." - CNET
- Track Workouts - Go for a run, walk, jog, bike, or any activity really. With GPS, you’ll get a clear view of your training in real time.
- Set Goals - Have a race, weight, or pace in mind? We can coach you to get there.
- Follow a Plan - We have personalized routines to fit into your busy schedule. And helpful reminders, just in case.
- Stay Motivated - Join challenges, snag exercise rewards, and share achievements with your friends.
- See Progress - This whole running thing works. You track it. We log it. You’ll see the sweat and we’ll show you the numbers to prove it!
- Apple Watch - Leave your phone at home and still track stats to stay informed and motivated. Named App Store Best of 2015.
- Bluetooth Connectivity - Wireless headphones and heart rate monitors make great workout companions.
- Fitness Tracker Integration - Sync Pebble, Fitbit, and other styles in seconds.
- Running Groups - Create a custom challenge, invite friends, track each other’s progress, and use the chat to cheer each other on.
- Audio Cues - Choose from 6 motivating voices that you can customize to relay your pace, distance, and time.
- Training Plans - Make major progress by following a plan. We’ll be here for you every step of the way.
- Routes - Save, discover, and build new routes with GPS.
- Challenges - Stay motivated with exclusive workout experiences and rewards.
- Music - Keep moving with the music you love with our Spotify and iTunes integration.
- Partner Apps - Connect with other top health apps like Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, and more.
- Stopwatch Mode - Easily add indoor cardio (treadmill, cycling) and gym workouts to keep full exercise log all in one place.
- Social Sharing - Upload your activities and more with your friends on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
RUNKEEPER GO (premium)
- Prescribed Workouts - Get a weekly workout schedule tailored to you.
- Progress Insights - See how your runs stack up to each other and get a full view of your fitness journey.
- Live Tracking - Whether it’s training day or race day, share your location with family and friends.
- Weather Data - Look back the local weather for each tracked activity.
*Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
In this version we’ve resolved some crashes specific to iOS 13.
Ratings and Reviews
New review from my previous. I have used this app for years and back end of last year I started using the subscription side to try it I have achieved a 3peaks challenge, a 10k and a half marathon this year using the training schedules so I think this is a great feature. However I have a Fitbit which is meant to be compatible but I just can’t get to work together PLEASE MAKE THIS A SIMPLE FEATURE!!! Plus the subscription may be high and is why it took me so long to decide to subscribe. Share features are great friends can see runs etc but the live feature has never worked!! As a runner think the app is great as a gadget guy think it needs simplifying and more comparability with gadgets.
Stopwatch may catch you out.
What’s this Stopwatch thing that has just turned up?!
I’ve been using Runkeeper for a number of years in the free mode. I used to use it to record my running times and distances, plus my times and distances when walking the dogs. I now mainly use it just for walking the dogs as I have invested in a TomTom watch for running (which isn’t great, but it fits on your wrist so you don’t have to carry your iPhone). Anyway, today I’m on holiday and didn’t have my TomTom watch so went for a run using Runkeeper on my iPhone. I changed the activity from walking to running and it pops up with a new “stopwatch activity”. I’ve never seen this before, but I think it looks correct because I wand to record my time and it could be that otherwise it would do that stupid “pause” thing when you are at traffic lights. Once I got back from my run it ask me to enter the distance I had run???! I think to myself “you’ve got the GPS, not me”. So, the stupid thing hasn’t recorded the distance. Rubbish!
Also, how do you turn the volume down before it blurts out “Activity Started” at full volume when you start?
Come on Runkeeper, get the basics right before doing all the bells and whistles – it used to be a pretty good app.
Was great, but can't trust it any more
I've had Runkeeper for some time now & considered it good enough to upgrade to Runkeeper Go... However, as others have also reported, it is completely unreliable with the Apple Watch now. I've lost many activities through it randomly pausing, crashing, restarting, etc. Too many to trust it now, so I've just reverted to Apple's own watch tracking. I hope an update will be out to fix this ASAP, otherwise the subscription is useless to me.
Was working again generally with another update, but then the latest update now makes the app crash whenever I try to go into my activities. Had to go on the website to delete a test activity.
**Thought things had improved with newer updates, but still has reliability issues & no flexibility when following a ‘plan’ to assign correct workouts to the specific plan days - it will randomly assign unrelated workouts, but won’t let you pick the correct one yourself!?**
- RunKeeper, LLC
- 164.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © FitnessKeeper, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Runkeeper Go Monthly £7.99
- Runkeeper Go Yearly £29.99
- Runkeeper Go Quarterly £17.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.